Is it time for DPS to stop actually healing

90 Undead Priest
Right. Not meant to be a QQ post about my class and spec (disc) but i feel so mad when i see spriest healing more than me in 2s.

Disc - frost mage vs Shadow Frsotmage

1900 MMR, shadow priest 100k healing more than me and my mage did 300 k dmg more than the other mage. Spriest actually did 200 k less than his mage. We won the arena.
I feel so frustrated they can just dps and heal at the same time, so is it time for hybrid healing to be nerfed to the ground?
Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
they already said they are nerfing it. Crying about it I am afraid wont make the nerfs come faster.
Reply Quote
Community
15/11/2012 10:04Posted by Neroblack
they already said they are nerfing it.
Indeed we did. We completely agree that it is very frustrating for dedicated healers to find that off-spec healing is actually quite competitive with their own. Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Retribution Paladins and Laser Turkeys :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer. The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

Check out the blog by Ghostcrawler on Mists of Pandaria PvP here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6415071
Edited by Nakatoir on 15/11/2012 14:00 GMT
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Druid
They ARE making it so that PvP power affects healing or dps depending on spec.. Maybe you should read patch notes sometimes!

15/11/2012 10:55Posted by Nakatoir
Indeed we did. We completely agree that it is very frustrating for dedicated healers to find that off-spec healing is actually quite competitive with their own. Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer. The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

OMG a blue, quick someone catch it! Noones ever gonna believe we saw a blue in the pvp forums! Take a picture or something!!
Edited by Prodrood on 15/11/2012 10:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I think Nakatoir secretly loves me, but ssh!!! :D

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Indeed we did. We completely agree that it is very frustrating for dedicated healers to find that off-spec healing is actually quite competitive with their own. Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer. The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

Isn't it amusing how the things I said were the problem in that post I made, turned out to be an even bigger problem in MoP? Because you ignored it.

MoP where the Healers can do 100k+ burst DPS and where the DPS can do 100k+ burst Healing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer

I need to look into Laser Turkeys - as I don`t know how they work exactly: P but for hybrids off healing I need some clarification. There was a blue post some time ago acknowledging that the "hybrid tax" doesn`t exist anymore - with them being on par with pure`s in pve dmg.

My confusion is…why do they still benefit from their hybrid characteristic in PvP? Shouldn`t their healing abilities disappear in pvp when they enable a dps spec aswell?
Edited by Joleh on 15/11/2012 11:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
15/11/2012 11:19Posted by Joleh
Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer

I need to look into Laser Turkeys - as I don`t know how they work exactly: P but for hybrids off healing I need some clarification. There was a blue post some time ago acknowledging that the "hybrid tax" doesn`t exist anymore - with them being on par with pure`s in pve dmg.

My confusion is…why do they still benefit from their hybrid characteristic in PvP? Shouldn`t their healing abilities disappear in pvp when they enable a dps spec aswell?

As if those "pure dps" classes doesn't have exact same and even more OP healing.. Talking warriors here. Warlocks who can also gain health, rogues who can also gain health... See what I mean? Every class can be considered hybrid if you go into those comparisons. There is no more "pure dps" classes in wow from ability perspective.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
15/11/2012 11:24Posted by Fenrix
Talking warriors here. Warlocks who can also gain health, rogues who can also gain health... See what I mean?

You are confused - I am talking about abilities that you can click and heal with, most important, cast on other players. Please don`t mix them, all classes have pasive abilities, pure and hybrid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
A damn shadow priest can just spam flash of light while people are trying to kill him... a warlock can use the regenration on himself, nt on his healer... cmon don't say dumb things :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin

So, all Paladins are off spec healers no?

Guess it does not matter, Ret was made with one defensive mechanism, healing, after that gets nerfed (And lol, Ret healing is nerf worthy?) not a single person will play Ret, so I would like to congratulate u for destroying Ret.

Good thing that Warrior, Mage, Demo Lock burst is not nerf worthy, make sure u keep those Hybrids in check man, cant have them viable now can we?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Nerf to the dmg are alrd in the plan, last season ret was pathetic, triple dps worked couse of retarded heling the ret could do...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
yeah that 40% damage reduction surely isnt a defensive mechanism, nor is hand of protection or bubble ofcourse
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
15/11/2012 11:36Posted by Triumvir
Good thing that Warrior, Mage, Demo Lock burst is not nerf worthy, make sure u keep those Hybrids in check man, cant have them viable now can we?

They are nerfing TfB and Avatar, regarding your stupid comment about warrior burst not getting nerfed.

Also, if you get smashed by warriors because of a burst-macro...............THE IRONY!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
15/11/2012 11:41Posted by Gadriel
yeah that 40% damage reduction surely isnt a defensive mechanism, nor is hand of protection or bubble ofcourse

Triumvir is a bad troll and a sad person, really negative and upset on other ppl. We should cheer him up...make him roll a cute panda :)
Reply Quote
jk mass dispell/shattering throw
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Guess it does not matter, Ret was made with one defensive mechanism, healing, after that gets nerfed (And lol, Ret healing is nerf worthy?) not a single person will play Ret, so I would like to congratulate u for destroying Ret.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
15/11/2012 11:41Posted by Gadriel

2 of those are easily dispelled off, and with warrior representation so high, it's likely that your bubble will be pre-emptively shattered.

Off-healing is meant to be a ret paladins strength, nerfing their off-healing makes them worthless, it's all they can really do while waiting for CDs to come back up, what kind of a "support role" will ret be if it's just hands of freedom/prot/sac that only provide support? may aswell bring a Hpala, they have better damage.
Edited by Vixea on 15/11/2012 11:53 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

A tip for you dude. Nothing will come for you when you always cry. Adapt and things will become better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
15/11/2012 11:54Posted by Arwald
Adapt and things will become better

things will become better

become better

better

Nope.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]