Is it time for DPS to stop actually healing

90 Tauren Druid
ISSUE: Shadow priests can heal 2 much without sacrificing dps (except for the time spent casting healing spells instead of damage spells) and their mana lasts too much doing so.

BLIZZARD FIX: Generally nerf all hybrid healing.

CONSEQUENCES: Shadow priests will be a bit more balanced. All the rest of hybrids (except ferals) that are balanced or even gimped right now will be noncompetitive pvp wise.

REPERCUSSION ANALYSIS BY SPEC:
- Spriest: has lots of sustained damage and good burst, lots of cc, and good defensives. This nerf will tune them down, no doubt about that, but they are one of the strongest pvp specs right now and have lots of other tools and utility beside healing, so they will survive the nerf (plus the whine that causes this nerf is originated by sp healing).

- Feral: has great burst, lots of cc, average sustained damage and average-low defensives. This nerf will not make them unplayable but will render it healing spells completely useless, specially tanking into account that its mana pool can't handle more than 3-4 healing casts and the mana regeneration is very low. So the spec will loose all the hybrid character and every single Predatory Swiftness proc and Nature's Swiftness CD will be used on no other spell but cyclone. They will become more a 1 button spec and the nerf will not help on the areas where ferals are 2 strong.

- Retribution: has good burst, average cc, average-low sustained damage and average defensives. The problem is that all their pvp play-style is based on selfhealing. Go and duel a retri paladin. You will confirm that he has to selfheal a lot just to remain competitive, and even then they are not hard to beat. This nerf will not only remove the hybrid character of one of the most characteristic hybrid specs, but also let them in a very bad spot pvp wise.

- Enhacement: has great burst, good sustained damage, bad cc and bad defensives. Right now, in pvp, they are very hard to play without a healer. They lack tons of survability. Also, their mana pool and regeneration does not allow them to heal more than 3-4 times, they will never ever save anybody with their heals. It is not that this nerf will affect them to much given that their heal power is already very limited, but it is an uncalled nerf for a spec that has already troubles in pvp.

- Balance: has great burst, average-low sustained damage, good cc and bad defensives. The same as retris, their play-style is based on selfhealing, remove that and you are taking away one of the most relevant things they bring to the table. Also, it is a balanced (nerfed?) spec right now, so nerfing it will send moonkins to the bottom of the food chain.

So, in brief, this nerf will:

1) Address the SP healing issue.
2) Remove the hybrid play-style in general and let us with only 3 play-styles in game: mele dps, caster dps, healer.
3) Simplify even more feral play-style without addressing the actual issues of the spec.
4) Hurt badly 2 balanced (not OP) specs in their everyday toolkit while not addressing any issue because nobody is denouncing that retri or moonkin healing is causing problems in pvp.
5) Further nerf enhacement shamans, an already unpopular spec that is in need of some help since Cata.

All in all I find this nerf a bad move that will end up increasing the already high unbalance between classes and remove even more variety of play-style from the game, hurting many gimped classes just to address an issue from one single class.

I am starting to believe that Blizzard is devoting its more powerful human resources to another proyect and just giving a 5min thought at how to address the big and obvious problems WoW PvP has now.
Reply Quote
36 Night Elf Mage
xs
19/11/2012 03:28Posted by Sinsemilla
- Balance: has great burst, average-low sustained damage, good cc and bad defensives. The same as retris, their play-style is based on selfhealing, remove that and you are taking away one of the most relevant things they bring to the table. Also, it is a balanced (nerfed?) spec right now, so nerfing it will send moonkins to the bottom of the food chain.

correction. average-low burst... depends how many dots you have running and also depends on what your current energy is. also depends on cds. and also if you dont have the 5% crit buff, just forget about burst...

and one addition: 2 piece moonkin set bonus is: "gives x amount of solar/lunar energy when you are get critically hit. Not more than once per 90 secs.". So, if you cant heal those crits, what does this bonus offer then?
Edited by Forevernab on 19/11/2012 06:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
ISSUE: Shadow priests can heal 2 much without sacrificing dps (except for the time spent casting healing spells instead of damage spells) and their mana lasts too much doing so.

Are you having a laugh or something?

When shadow priests cast healing spells other than renew or PoM they cancel Shadowform so how on earth is that not losing DPS?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Are you having a laugh or something?

When shadow priests cast healing spells other than renew or PoM they cancel Shadowform so how on earth is that not losing DPS?

Does he spend any DPS resource to heal? like combo points, holy power or something? No.
Does Shadowform has a CD on it? No.
So, all he looses to start healing is ONE GLOBAL COOLDOWN.
Are u being serious when saying that loosing 1 global is losing big DPS? Plz, think before coming to rage the first thing that comes to your mind.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've never had an issue with healers being out done, but offspec healing is out of hand for some classes, it's not worth offspec healing as a priest as it destroys your mana but DKs have too many self heals to do damage on as a priest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If only we would see a blue-post like this: Oke we read the comments and concluded that enrfing all hybrid healing can`t be done. We will focus on spriest only without gimping nerfing the other hybrids.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Can you please just bring out 5.1 before you loose half of the wow population, and ps, this isnt the best Xpac yet, its the !@#$est.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
20/11/2012 00:20Posted by Lightgoddes
If only we would see a blue-post like this: Oke we read the comments and concluded that enrfing all hybrid healing can`t be done. We will focus on spriest only without gimping nerfing the other hybrids.

You need to lose some of your healing effectivness too tbh and maybe gain some better defensives, off healing your healer in 3s because he is getting tunnled is not fair for a dps class, it pretty much gimps many 3s play style and makes hybrid arena comps alot more viable, if you take 2 healers you lose out on dps. Thats how it works
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think letting a hybrid cast heals while you tunnel someone is just L2P issue.
Hybrids are balanced around that extra kind of peeling. A pure dps class could've CCed you just the same way as the hybrid casted the heals. Just like you let that shadow priest cast a flash heal, it could have been a mage polymorphing you, a hunter scatter - trapping you, warlock fearing you, dk gripping you away, druid cycloning you etc.

I don't think that the hybrid heals are much more powerfull peeling than those. Especially not the melee hybrid heals. To be honest, as feral the best kind of peeling is cyclone, not healing touch. I think feral's hybrid healing system is the most balanced because of this tradeoff.

Except shadow priests I really don't think any of the other hybrids healing is too strong. Melee hybrids can't just spam it, usually rely on it to be competitive. Balance and ele have such terrible survivability while trained and can't really cast it then. (Unlike shadow priests, which aren't a viable target for many many combos, allowing them to sit and heal in the back).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
19/11/2012 03:28Posted by Sinsemilla
LOL, shadow priest is the only caster which can oom. L2dispel and interrupt VT and put pressure on the priest.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
http://i.imgur.com/Tmy2Q.jpg

That is such BS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
delicious SP priest tears
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
20/11/2012 18:51Posted by Adeyemi
LOL, shadow priest is the only caster which can oom. L2dispel and interrupt VT and put pressure on the priest.

L2read issue. I don't say a word about SP not being able to oom.
Reply Quote
36 Night Elf Mage
xs
to be honest, I really don't think "every" hybrid healing should be nerfed.
spriests, ferals and paladins as I can see has really huge burst. and if they also heal huge, thats bad.
Mages, warriors and warlocks are not hybrid but each of these classes has high self healing, shielding and other abilities.
Moonkins has good heals now, and their sustained damage is good too, but their burst is really almost none.
Elementals have a good burst damage but I beleive their heals are not that great either.

IMO, both moonkins and elementals does not need a healing nerf until their burst damage becomes competitive to others.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
15/11/2012 10:55Posted by Nakatoir
Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Retribution Paladins and Laser Turkeys :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer.
Yet in comparison to Ret Paladins, Death Knight's have 0 defensive abilities, 0 mobility, and worthless heals, but I guess that's okay because, hey we do a lot of damage? Come on! That's weak at best.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think it's considered OK because DK are currently the most used melee in RBG
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
25/11/2012 23:13Posted by Barthel
I think it's considered OK because DK are currently the most used melee in RBG
That would be Warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hello.

I really like playing my enhance shammy, also in PVP nowadays. Enhancement shaman for pvp isn't right there yet, but I manage a few wins from time to time now in 2v2.

Basicly, I manage sometimes by popping ALL (and I mean all) defensive cd's right at the start when I get zerged, unless they have a Mortal Strike effect (even worse with perma stunning warriors = no mealstrom procs = dead), which means I don't stand a chance either way: no contest.

If they don't zerg me, we have a good chance of winning, because I get to pop the offensive cd's for a change and hope and prey for maelstrom weapon procs. (no procs, is no heals, is dead enhance shaman)

The important part to this post: if they have a Mortal Strike like effect, (less healing) it's a no contest.
(to my humble own experience in MOP pvp)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
to be honest, I really don't think "every" hybrid healing should be nerfed.
spriests, ferals and paladins as I can see has really huge burst. and if they also heal huge, thats bad.
Mages, warriors and warlocks are not hybrid but each of these classes has high self healing, shielding and other abilities.
Moonkins has good heals now, and their sustained damage is good too, but their burst is really almost none.
Elementals have a good burst damage but I beleive their heals are not that great either.

IMO, both moonkins and elementals does not need a healing nerf until their burst damage becomes competitive to others.

Well, the fact you aren't even mentioning enhancement shamans is saying soooo much more ^^ then any QQ post could...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]