Is it time for DPS to stop actually healing

100 Human Death Knight
15/11/2012 10:55Posted by Nakatoir
they already said they are nerfing it.
Indeed we did. We completely agree that it is very frustrating for dedicated healers to find that off-spec healing is actually quite competitive with their own. Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer. The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

oh and when are you nerfing the best hot ingame aka second wind? you know the triple recuparate strenght that you deemed to strong?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
and how,if i may ask, i am supposed to LIVE more than 5 seconds as ele? im wery curious beacuse the healing spells is the only which can make me atleast survive a little longer than beign a free kill
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Those op elemental shaman and balance druids, easy way to glad as always !
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

I understand the idea, but ... well, being blunt: You are doing it wrong.
If (and where) off-heals are to strong, you need to nerf those heals - not the scaling. Otherwise you get off-heals to a nice point now and two seasons from now they are less and less important, basically nerfing hybrids over time without touching them.

Example (numbers just made up):
Let's say the feral off-heal is at 30% of a healers heal, if the feral choses to use all his instant casts to heal. Let's also say that this state is what you consider being "balanced".
Now the gear gets better: Dmg gets higher, HP-Pool and Resilience get higher (which hopefully keeps the TTL (Time To Live) pretty much the same), Heals getting higher due to more stats and more PvP-Power. This ferals heals will get slightly higher because of more Agi (and Crit) on the gear, but it won't scale as well as everything else - because it won't scale with PvP Power. The effects of this off-heal will be diminished over time when everybody gets better gear.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Laser Turkey :p

HAHAHAHAHHAH thank you for making my day dear blizz employed <3
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
15/11/2012 12:36Posted by Kìttycat
Laser Turkey :p

HAHAHAHAHHAH thank you for making my day dear blizz employed <3

I lolled aswell :D

So many paladintears in this thread
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Please, execute this nerf properly. Out of those specs u've mentioned, elemental is certainly not in the same spot as shadowpriest in the terms of healing and yet, this nerf will cause most harm to shamans...

You can't really say elemental shaman healing is OP considering we have to hard cast Healing surge and it is only powerful when Clearcasting is up...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
15/11/2012 10:55Posted by Prodrood
Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin and Laser Turkey

I'm wondering here, has anyone in here ever thought: "God damn that ele shaman healing needs to get nerfed because we can't kill him!!!"

:D just seems funny to me since everytime I meet an ele shaman in 3s we don't even need to cc the healer. Just pop all cd's and he dies..
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
This is disgusting, they are nerfing already weak specs because of shadow priest ...

What about paladin/enha survivebility ?

They will get compensation for this nerf ?

20% increased healing on themselves maybe ?
Edited by Wtrtw on 15/11/2012 13:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
15/11/2012 12:11Posted by Tinkwhistle

balance is insane what are u on about lol
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
15/11/2012 13:11Posted by Soku

balance is insane what are u on about lol

Yes there is like 2 balance over 2200+ ...

Insane !!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Laser Turkey is not meant to be able to self heal, then it should be able to deal damage.
What am i supposed to do vs a Warrior when my Wrath hits him for 10-12k and under 35% he regerates 13k every second ?

Did Blizzard open a log of a PvE fight just to see that Starfall a spell active for 10sec every 45 deals the same or more damage than Wrath, a spell used half the time ?

Isn't it time to buff wrath damage to bring Laser Turkey to competitive levels before nerfing self healing?

Starfire, the "hard hitting" ability is at 2.3+ sec of cast time and it is still hard to use in pvp because the interrupts are now every 15sec instead of 10, but every class got at least 2 stuns.

How come that pure dps classes deal more damage than hybrids, can heal as much as them, and Blizzard still says that there's no more hybrid tax ?
Edited by Meldon on 15/11/2012 13:57 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
15/11/2012 11:36Posted by Triumvir
Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Paladin

So, all Paladins are off spec healers no?

Guess it does not matter, Ret was made with one defensive mechanism, healing, after that gets nerfed (And lol, Ret healing is nerf worthy?) not a single person will play Ret, so I would like to congratulate u for destroying Ret.
I was referring to Retribution Paladins in my post specifically and as they have the ability to assist their entire team with healing on-demand through the use of their abilities, they are able to off-heal. I will edit my first post to specify Retribution Paladins for you. :)

It is also not entirely true that healing is the only defensive ability that you have, Paladins also have as I am sure your aware, Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, Lay on hands and also while weaker if this change occurs, heals. There are other abilities in the Pally arsenal that can be used defensively as well, so stating that heals is the only way a Paladin has to protect themselves and others is not entirely true. Do remember that you would still have your heals, while weaker they could still help in keeping both you and your team alive.

Understand that this is also not a definite change, it is simply something that we are considering to deal with the high healing numbers that are seen from some off-spec healers. We greatly welcome your feedback and thoughts on this, so please continue to provide it.
Edited by Nakatoir on 15/11/2012 14:03 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
15/11/2012 13:57Posted by Nakatoir

So, all Paladins are off spec healers no?

Guess it does not matter, Ret was made with one defensive mechanism, healing, after that gets nerfed (And lol, Ret healing is nerf worthy?) not a single person will play Ret, so I would like to congratulate u for destroying Ret.
I was referring to Retribution Paladins in my post specifically and as they have the ability to assist their entire team with healing on-demand through the use of their abilities, they are able to off-heal. I will edit my first post to specify Retribution Paladins for you. :)

It is also not entirely true that healing is the only defensive ability that you have, Paladins also have as I am sure your aware, Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, Lay on hands and also while weaker if this change occurs, heals. There are other abilities in the Pally arsenal that can be used defensively as well, so stating that heals is the only way a Paladin has to protect themselves and others is not entirely true. Do remember that you would still have your heals, while weaker they could still help in keeping both you and your team alive.

Understand that this is also not a definite change, it is simply something that we are considering to deal with the high healing numbers that are seen from some off-spec healers. We greatly welcome your feedback and thoughts on this, so please continue to provide it.

Yes LoH is awesome in arena, not
Anyway could you show me how a Ret paladin outhealed a mage deep freeze or warlocks CB critting you for not even gonna mention the numbers?
I'd request one thing of you and is playing a ret paladin in arena/rbg, then i'd like you to list what you've listed again.

PS: who's our class designer at the moment?
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
15/11/2012 13:57Posted by Nakatoir
Paladins also have as I am sure your aware, Divine Shield, Divine Protection, Hand of Protection, Lay on hands

All that can be removed in one GCD and LoH cant be used in arena, so your point is ?

Divine Protection is a joke in game where some class (warriors) hit for 300+k !

So GG, now the warriors will heal more then paladins, that makes sense ...

Just give as back our Cata sacred shield pls, at least for rets !
Edited by Wtrtw on 15/11/2012 14:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I hope this is just a bad joke. Divine Protection, 20% less damage on a 60sec cooldon can hardly be called a defensive mechanism. Divine shield is a good ability, but 5 min cooldown? c'mon. You can't use Lay on Hands in the arena, nor can you use Hand of protection if you used Divine Shield.

So basically you say that we have a nice array of defensive spells in the arena: 8 sec immunity on 5 min CD (instantly removable by Priests, Druids, Warriors), and 20% less damage on an 1 min CD. WoW. You are a PvP hero.

And we have 20-25k healings after the patch goes live.

BTW do you really find Retribution paladin to be overpowered ATM? Cos to me they kinda seem to suck (low sustained damage, easily controlled during -average- burst, healing gets removed now, NO defensive abilities).
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue

BTW do you really find Retribution paladin to be overpowered ATM? Cos to me they kinda seem to suck (low sustained damage, easily controlled during -average- burst, healing gets removed now, NO defensive abilities).

They are just ignorant !

Instead of fixing ofg1shotmacroampro!!1! nonsense they destroy perfectly balanced spec ...
Edited by Wtrtw on 15/11/2012 14:27 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
15/11/2012 11:44Posted by Onylîght
jk mass dispell/shattering throw

jk stun/fear/root&run
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
jk mass dispell/shattering throw

jk stun/fear/root&run

What ?

PS.

Better fix our mastery in PvP !!
Edited by Wtrtw on 15/11/2012 14:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Can't wait till frost dk dots will out damage my reju
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]