Is it time for DPS to stop actually healing

90 Undead Priest
This will only make cc even stronger that it already is and pure dps classes like well everyone knows the top ones even better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
15/11/2012 22:54Posted by Nìcky
Ret healing is ridicilous and should be nerfed asap. They can kite dps forever in arena with ridicilous offheals constantly keep himself up, while globaling someone randomly every 2-3 minutes. Its not even fun and should be fixed asap.

Oh god my sides! Demo lock crying about ret healing+damage. I would put into words how stupid your post was, but I think that would earn me a forum holiday.

Edit: Didn't see the BM hunter posting about unfair advantages, I think I broke some ribs.
Deterence>Lynx rush>immune against damage while your pets hit stuff.

Haha hey Nikola, replying to the same retard on the same thread, what a coincidence.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Hunter
15/11/2012 10:55Posted by Nakatoir
The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

Yes plz! holy paladins criting for 100k and doing like 200k dps is not fine ...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
i'm sorry, but you mean you want all the healers to be like resto druids now..??
(have a better burst then their actual DPS spec >.<)
cause, that's sort of what you're suggesting here :/

First and foremost, resto burst is not better than feral burst. That's just plain diatribe.
Secondly, avoiding resto burst is not actually that difficult at least if they use the cat form version. Thirdly, it's getting nerfed anyway.
Fourthly, that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm just suggesting that stays as is.

I think the damage a resto shaman can do atm. is a good target - although I would prefer a reduction to what Paladins do (their harassment is stopping you from critting and their plate armor, after all) and an increment in what monks, shamans, and priests do, with particular emphasis on disc priests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
15/11/2012 23:43Posted by Ishaye
avoiding resto burst is not actually that difficult

Stopped reading here. Resto shouldn't have burst, no healer should have burst.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
avoiding resto burst is not actually that difficult

Stopped reading here. Resto shouldn't have burst, no healer should have burst.

Why not?

People whine if healers have CC.
People whine if healers can do sustained DPS.
People whine if healers have burst now?

If all a healer ever does is running around dummy-healing then I foresee the death of healers as a concept, because nobody wants to play a healbot. We've got to give them something exciting with which they can turn the tide of battle other than healing, just like DPS have ways of causing pressure which isn't just damage.
Edited by Ishaye on 16/11/2012 00:11 GMT
Reply Quote
While I potentially agree it is irritating from a PvP point of view; in some situations, it's NEEDED in PvE. Just using some examples off the top of my head from my own guild:
  • When Elegon's Celestial Protector casts total annihilation and it does ~200k damage to every raid member
  • Speeding up the damage increase buff on Gara'jal the Spiritbinder when in the spirit realm
  • When Feng the Accursed uses Arcane Velocity and one or more people are out of the group with Arcane Resonance, etc etc.
  • Therefore while it needs a nerf, it can't be such a great one that it hinders or halts raid progression.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Druid
    While I potentially agree it is irritating from a PvP point of view; in some situations, it's NEEDED in PvE. Just using some examples off the top of my head from my own guild:
  • When Elegon's Celestial Protector casts total annihilation and it does ~200k damage to every raid member
  • Speeding up the damage increase buff on Gara'jal the Spiritbinder when in the spirit realm
  • When Feng the Accursed uses Arcane Velocity and one or more people are out of the group with Arcane Resonance, etc etc.
  • Therefore while it needs a nerf, it can't be such a great one that it hinders or halts raid progression.

A good point - indeed one I keep coming back to. PvP Power nerf is the only way to go. Sorry guys.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin

Was under the impression that if people start taking too much damage then they pop a defensive CD or 2 and use what healing they have to ease the healers job, but it should still be the healers full job to top everyone off.

Caster Hybrid healing is way too over the top and needs toned down. The way that Blizzard want to do it however is wrong.

A good point - indeed one I keep coming back to. PvP Power nerf is the only way to go. Sorry guys.

Don't be so narrow minded.
    Edited by Jmcscøtx on 16/11/2012 00:36 GMT
    Reply Quote
    15/11/2012 10:55Posted by Nakatoir
    they already said they are nerfing it.
    Indeed we did. We completely agree that it is very frustrating for dedicated healers to find that off-spec healing is actually quite competitive with their own. Off-spec healers such as Shadow, Elemental, Retribution Paladins and Laser Turkeys :p are meant to be able to output some healing - which is one of their benefits - but they shouldn't be able to replace a dedicated healer. The plan we have right now is to make PvP power only enhance either your damage or healing depending on the spec that you have chosen.

Good to see all the high rated elemental shamans thanks to this healing issue... Oh wait.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    That's nice. Because of some hybrid dps healing is too strong disc priests has to be punished as well. The damage done by this spec is currently just sad. Add weak shields and healing to it and... well, there's not much left of it.

Yes, disc priest have as long as I have played it been about the offensive gameplay and not just the defensive.
    Edited by Crows on 16/11/2012 06:21 GMT
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    Are you thinking about nerfing ret paladin? Again? Really? Called it!
    Reply Quote
    1 Troll Priest
    15/11/2012 22:37Posted by Mokotiti
    Ret healing is ridicilous and should be nerfed asap. They can kite dps forever in arena with ridicilous offheals constantly keep himself up, while globaling someone randomly every 2-3 minutes. Its not even fun and should be fixed asap.

Lol demo lock talking about globaling someone ... -.-

If anything needs to be fixed asap other than warriors atm thats demo locks !
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Warrior
    TBH Disc also deals decent damage. I dont see why people bother complain about hybrid class.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    Holy prism hits for 40-50 k, smite deals 10-12... cmon...
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warrior
    So basically you say that we have a nice array of defensive spells in the arena: 8 sec immunity on 5 min CD (instantly removable by Priests, Druids, Warriors), and 20% less damage on an 1 min CD. WoW. You are a PvP hero.

Warrior's shattering Throw is on a 5min Cooldown, meaning if you have a mage or a Druid with Symbiosis on the mage on your team, I can only break 1 of those. Also, I can be cc'd while casting it for 1.5sec and I cannot cast it while disarmed (I think).
    I don't know much about priests and druids in this regard, however as a Warrior who pvp'd in Season 11, getting replaced by everyone and everywhere, being kited all day long with little little mobility and nearly no defensive cooldowns & ZERO damage while I had those cooldowns, I know where you're coming from.
    TBH I think you should see what it's like for a season or two.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    16/11/2012 08:40Posted by Aethariüs
    Holy prism hits for 40-50 k, smite deals 10-12... cmon...

Our smite heals will be the new bandage spec. It will be awsome, it can reach people 40 yards away.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    So, you are planning to nerf healing od Elemental Shaman and Retribution Paladin?

Do you realize if you do it, nobody will play this classes?:P Because then they will suck even more than now.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Rogue
    Rogues selfhealing needs also a nerf, wait what selfhealing.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]