Blade Lord Ta'Yak - Tornado warning circle

90 Pandaren Priest
My guild has been trying out Blade Lord for a bit and comfortably getting to phase 2 on the tries.
The issue comes up when getting to the end of the "tornado gauntlet" and the warning circle for the tornadoes that are about to spawn are red.
This poses an issue for myself and my fellow healer as we are both colour-blind and the circle is blending in with the floor.

Are we the only ones having this issue?
Also could we not change either the circle or the floor colour?
It would help a great deal.

Looking forward to the responses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That sucks a bit :S

I suggest that you guys try to follow a raid member and be close to him on that part, then u move with him and hopefully will be fine :)

Gl
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
hahahahahahaha, this is just hilarious!

I'm sorry I don't think I have anything useful for helping you but this is seriously one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

Im with the blood elf if anything - follow someone, try to have it announced by someone or just stand far enough away that you can see them coming and avoid (not ideal but should be able to squeeze out a heal or two like that)

On an unrelated note: You are talking about red-green-weakness (or whatever it's called in english) - not complete clolorblindness, right? Sorry about laughing! HAHA!

You didn't have anything useful to say, yet you decided to laugh at the OP for having a visual impairment.. Class act you are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

I'm sorry I don't think I have anything useful for helping you but this is seriously one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.

Im with the blood elf if anything - follow someone, try to have it announced by someone or just stand far enough away that you can see them coming and avoid (not ideal but should be able to squeeze out a heal or two like that)

On an unrelated note: You are talking about red-green-weakness (or whatever it's called in english) - not complete clolorblindness, right? Sorry about laughing! HAHA!

You do not know how colour blind people raid ? they follow 'visual' markers rather than colours and likely they are better raiders than many since they need better situational awareness. I.e. on this case changing floor colour actually would even help to spot the circle/animation 'gray' (lets name it this way) without making it different colour for the rest of raiders.

But what do you know, ...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/11/2012 02:06Posted by Paraxa
Sorry about laughing! HAHA!

Quite strange sense of humor... Spent 5 minutes trying to understand what posibly can be funny with OP problem. Didn't find....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

What's so funny?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
cant someone just point it out for you guys? and btw whats the chance you got two colour-blind players in the same raid group, as healers?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
is there not a "colour blind mode"

sorry if this seems niave i really dont know
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
05/11/2012 02:06Posted by Paraxa

nowt funny about it, and posting on alts doesn't really wash anymore when wowprogress shows your main, Dalamoss.

Anyway, we had our first attempt/kill last night - they spawn rather quickly so providing your internet connection is fairly lag-free you should be able to follow someone else. Get the RL to mark someone up to follow.

stampeding roar will help to minimise the transition in the phase, not sure whether you can use a warlock gate but that'd be pretty awesome ;)

gl anyway - think a tank and 2 healers ended up soloing the last 5% of our kill
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I am the other healer in the group and yes odds where slim that both healers would have this issue but its happend.

The best tip I can give for designing things to be color blind friendly is to not have colors in the same spectrum for main abilitys, eg: red/brown look the same, yellow/green blue/pink/purple

If it doesnt help for this encounter maybe it will help for future encounters.

We have a few things to try to work around this issue, its realy not fun wiping the raid and being able to do nothing about it.

Any changes to textures you could do to help us out would be very much appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I see what some people are trying to get at with following a marked person.
But depending on the ms of different people, it might not be very viable.
But that's not even the point.

The issue is very easy to solve by changing either the floor texture or the circle colour.
Its not asking much imo. It is a very small change that would help a lot.

Also to answer the question about "colour-blind mode". It doesn't affect this at all.
Reply Quote
So, I though I'd bump this old thread to let Shinpukuma (and anyone that is in a similar position) know that the developers will look into this.

Although it's a bit difficult to update spell effects, they try their best to catch these issues and really appreciate detailed reports. So, by all means, keep them coming if you guys are encountering any issues and we'll bring it to their attention in case there's something they can do :-)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Check out wowmachinima tool http://pxr.dk/wmt/ I don't know if Draztal is going to agree on me with this, but you should try it since it has the ability to change certain colors ingame. Didn't work a lot with it so I'm not sure of what exactly it can do but it's worth checking out!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
That kind of sucks, indeed.

Maybe you can follow someone and have him say left/right before he goes (because there might be lagg) on vent/TS/mumble/skype/anything. That way you have something to go by.

I hope they get a few color swaps in for color blind mode, though. Must be annoying to depend on others for a fight. May be hard to pug.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
is there not a "colour blind mode"

sorry if this seems niave i really dont know

There is, but all it does is write out the quality of an item in its tool tip. As in if it's epic, rare, uncommon or the like.
Edited by Lora on 03/12/2012 12:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
In fact, there is a real color blind mode:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/100783
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
A workaround could be to make 2 macro's

Macro 1:
/focus [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists]
/stopmacro [@mouseover,exists][@target,exists]
/clearfocus [@mouseover,noexists][@target,noexists]

Macro 2:
/follow focus

Macro 1 will first check if you have a valid mouseover target, and if so set that as your focus.
If not it will check if you have a target, if so it will put that as your focus.
If one of either conditions is met (i.e. you have a valid mouseover target or a regular target) it will stop the macro.
If none of the conditions is met it will clear your focus (so having no target and hovering with your mouse over no player/npc will clear your focus).

This way you can be running and easily hover with your mouse over the target in front of you and hit the macro, without having to un-target the tank that you are healing for example.
Once you get near the last tornadoes you hit your 2nd macro to follow the kiter (as soon as you hit any movement keys yourself the follow will break).

I'd suggest to try it in a BG or dungeon first to get the hang of it, but it's a very straightforward method.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The only funny thing about this thread is that for the first time in years, it is a legitimate complaint !
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
03/12/2012 18:23Posted by Anatheá
The only funny thing about this thread is that for the first time in years, it is a legitimate complaint !

And as a colour blind raider who often has to rely on my team mates to point things out. I'd like to say thanks to Blizzard for at least recognising this 'minor' disability and taking the time to make a statement saying they will try and help us out.

I will certainly be letting them know what I can and can't see from now on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]