Posting on US forums

90 Undead Warlock
First of all I would like to say sorry in advance if this isn't the right place to post about this, I couldn't think of any other category to post in.

My problem is a very simple one.. I would've liked to be able to share my thoughts on the debate of daily quests that's going on the US servers, however I'm not able to do that with my EU character. If you follow the blue trackers you can clearly see that the US forums gets more blue responses than the EU ones, which leads me to believe that the feedback from the EU forums might be close to zero. I might however be wrong, that's just my assumption.

All in all, my request is a simple one, add the option of posting on US forums with EU account, it's obvious that's easily possible since I can log my bnet account on the US webpage. I hope that this feature will be added in the near future, we should be able to speak our minds on threads that seem interesting to us, regardless of the area we live / play in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Will never happen i'm afraid. You are better off sharing your views at a site like mmo-champion, and someone there might get convinced by you to post on us forums.

Europe = 2nd rate customers. :] And devs never even read here so.
Reply Quote
the main devs are American, so we can't put our input in.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
What's really irritating is that they did allow this in beta forums, so they clearly CAN enable it.

It's very annoying having a discussing I want to take part in, but no, I can't because I'm a second class citizen. I've never heard a single good reason from Blizzard why their english-speaking customers cannot post on the english-speaking US forums.
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Rogue
First of all I would like to say sorry in advance if this isn't the right place to post about this, I couldn't think of any other category to post in.

My problem is a very simple one.. I would've liked to be able to share my thoughts on the debate of daily quests that's going on the US servers, however I'm not able to do that with my EU character. If you follow the blue trackers you can clearly see that the US forums gets more blue responses than the EU ones, which leads me to believe that the feedback from the EU forums might be close to zero. I might however be wrong, that's just my assumption.

All in all, my request is a simple one, add the option of posting on US forums with EU account, it's obvious that's easily possible since I can log my bnet account on the US webpage. I hope that this feature will be added in the near future, we should be able to speak our minds on threads that seem interesting to us, regardless of the area we live / play in.

Blizz is out of California, so its no suprise most of the responses will be there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage

Blizz is out of California, so its no suprise most of the responses will be there.

that is not a good response mate as good customer service would be to listen to all of your customers not just the ones closer to home.

Blues can say they read these forums as much as they like but the real sad fact is they dont really bother much at all. All we get most of the time is second hand copy past jobs. Once in a while youll see a blue around here but its just a token gesture in the vein hope that we will think they care
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Will never happen i'm afraid. You are better off sharing your views at a site like mmo-champion, and someone there might get convinced by you to post on us forums.

Europe = 2nd rate customers. :] And devs never even read here so.

Incorrect; the order of giving a fluff about is as follows.

US
ASIA
EU
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yeah, my bad.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
All of your assumptions that the EU is neglected whilst the US provide all of the feedback are wrong. The EU have community managers. They read through our feedback and then pass it on to the developers over in the US weekly. Why? Because it's their job. Pretty sure they wouldn't have the job nor get paid if all they did was dance about all day posting scripted replies during coffee breaks while ignoring the feedback we give, as is what most people tend to assume is the case.

Threads don't need a blue response as a confirmation that they've read it. They also post where necessary, so they aren't likely to post something if they posted the same thing last week in another thread.

If you feel strongly about a thread made in the US and it's being heavily discussed over there, simply remake the thread on the EU forum if there isn't one already quoting the content of the OP of the US thread, then state your view. That then opens the discussion to us as well and the CMs here can take our feedback.
Edited by Kris on 14/11/2012 23:24 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The thing that I find irritating is that there are some forums on the US side that have no EU equivalent: in particular the Mac tech support forum.
Edited by Poisednoise on 14/11/2012 23:20 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
All of your assumptions that the EU is neglected whilst the US provide all of the feedback are wrong. The EU have community managers. They read through our feedback and then pass it on to the developers over in the US weekly. Why? Because it's their job. Pretty sure they wouldn't have the job nor get paid if all they did was dance about all day posting scripted replies during coffee breaks while ignoring the feedback we give, as is what most people tend to assume is the case.

Threads don't need a blue response as a confirmation that they've read it. They also post where necessary, so they aren't likely to post something if they posted the same thing last week in another thread.

If you feel strongly about a thread made in the US and it's being heavily discussed over there, simply remake the thread on the EU forum if there isn't one already quoting the content of the OP of the US thread, then state your view. That then opens the discussion to us as well and the CMs here can take our feedback.

I love these types of responses.

Can you reveal to the community your source of information in regards to the "weekly meetings" you state above please. If you cant, please keep your drivel to someone who actually cares.

People are not posting here with assumptions at all, they are posting here with experience and real life viewpoint.

In addition if this is peoples assumptions as you claim provide hard proof and evidence to the contrary. I don't see developers threads starting on the EU, in fact are there any developers in the EU? To be honest you don't see many front line customer support in the EU either as they have all been laid off!

They have not posted in this thread yet http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847637439?page=1 and they never ever will. Why? because one mistake and they are out of a job, its not a "subject" which has been covered before.
Edited by Spacehunt on 15/11/2012 08:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
15/11/2012 08:40Posted by Spacehunt
Can you reveal to the community your source of information in regards to the "weekly meetings" you state above please. If you cant, please keep your drivel to someone who actually cares.

No problem, buddy!

(Locked) Are we... Ignored?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4735895143#4
We have responded to similar threads regarding this matter on the Diablo III forums as well. It is always hard for us to read that the community does not feel that we are active enough, however we do care about the European community greatly and are always actively passing on the feedback that is received from the forums and other sources. Just because you cannot see us does not mean we are not here :)

we consume content too fast?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4879017939?page=93#1853
Draztal, please, can you answer a simple question:

Can all the arguing in this thread, the opinions expressed here, the feedback you acquired here, REALLY affect the way the game is being developed and designed? Like, if 100 players tell you that the approach to the content managing needs to be changed, does it really matter to Blizzard and will make you at least take this into CONSIDERATION and may be really make some changes in it, try to go easier on a nerfs, try to make encounter a bit more challenging and may be try to restore the actual raid progression a bit?

Thank you.

We regularly send feedback to the developers, and this topic is no exception. Now, whether this means they'll change something (or not) based on this feedback is something I just can't answer.

There's also one concerning sending feedback to the US in their weekly report, but after almost 2 hours of scrolling through every blue post made in the last few months I decided that it's not worth finding for someone with your attitude.
Edited by Kris on 15/11/2012 10:35 GMT
Reply Quote
56 Orc Shaman
The US forums are tha plce to be/post if you want to be involved in discussions that directly influence the game and it's community.
You can even be involved with direct discussions with developers and CM's that are close to the action.

I think we would all like to post there :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
14/11/2012 23:00Posted by Kris

This typical response has always struck me as asinine.

It doesn't matter if I can discuss it here, because I can't be part of the discussion there. I might have a really good point that no one has made and which would then inspire other good points or feedback from others in the discussion - I know this has been the case where there was once a point I wanted to make to GC that no one else had brought up - , but no, I can't comment because Blizzard have arbitrarily said I can't. Again, I have never seen a single valid reason why their English-speaking customers cannot be allowed to post there.

Instead I'd have to:

A) Hope a CM sees my post.
B) Hope a CM considers the point worthy of passing along.
C) Doesn't misunderstand or misrepresent the point, or leave out a key detail. Given that this seems to be happening a lot lately such as regarding concerns over CRZ gathering/farming this is a valid issue I think.

And even if all these are met, it still has almost zero influence over the conversation elsewhere, unless a US poster makes exactly the same point, or copies it from the EU forums (which is rare). The whole point of discussions is that others read what is written and respond, instead of having 50 monologues. Otherwise just have 100 discussions with 2 people in separate forums... it would be almost useless.

Further, I would be prepared to bet that one reason why the EU forums have less activity is because of this, and allowing EU and US posters to post on the same forums would lead to more feedback being given.

There are also cases where I want to have a specific conversations with someone over at the US forums such as Lhivera, given that he gets to represent mages to an extent to his dev contacts. Yet if I want to have a discussion with him because I feel he's missed an important point - as I do with the L90 mage talents - I have to go elsewhere because Blizzard have told me that for no good reason I can't talk to him here.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Priest
thanks to Kris for the post #9.
The reason american's get more blue posts is, well, lets say they have a better customer services record, and as such the american's are used to a little more 'hand-holding' than we are over here.
I't would be nice if we could all post something and have a blue tell us every single time how much we as 'customers' were valued and how 'great' our ideas were, but its not gonna happen.
And as usual the way round this is either post here and not expect a pat on the back, or some other validation, or cough up for an american account to post on.
Reply Quote
15 Orc Hunter
While I do understand why you would feel ignored, imagine if you actually were. The more money your company/corporation makes, and the more changes in purchases goes up and down drastically, the more inspections will be required. Believe it or not, Blizzard are probably monitored quite a bit, and a few notes under the counter won't make inspectors avert their eyes. If something fishy was going on, the inspectors would definitely accuse without little evidence.

Plus, because the community managers are more vulnerable to inspection because of customer service. If there's enough votes against community service when the question "was this helpful - yes or no", or if there's enough negative feedback, inspectors WILL do something about it. They will gladly sue and remove if the "copy & paste" message isn't enough.

If however you want to post on the US forums, I'd recommend making some kind of US account. While you would have to pay a couple of dollars, the alternative is MMO-champion. That's all I've got I'm afraid ^^
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
15/11/2012 10:34Posted by Kris

No problem, buddy!

(Locked) Are we... Ignored?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4735895143#4
We have responded to similar threads regarding this matter on the Diablo III forums as well. It is always hard for us to read that the community does not feel that we are active enough, however we do care about the European community greatly and are always actively passing on the feedback that is received from the forums and other sources. Just because you cannot see us does not mean we are not here :)

we consume content too fast?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4879017939?page=93#1853

We regularly send feedback to the developers, and this topic is no exception. Now, whether this means they'll change something (or not) based on this feedback is something I just can't answer.

There's also one concerning sending feedback to the US in their weekly report, but after almost 2 hours of scrolling through every blue post made in the last few months I decided that it's not worth finding for someone with your attitude.

I repeat Can you reveal to the community your source of information in regards to the "weekly meetings"
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Monk
I repeat Can you reveal to the community your source of information in regards to the "weekly meetings"

Tadaaaaaaa.. just one example.

Zarhym - Twitter
http://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/268292269830979584
Zarhym:
Ethan:
@cm_zarhym it would give us something else to burn our JP on when we cap out :)

@Eethanator I've asked before but didn't get conclusive feedback to share. We'll cover dailies more in this week's meeting with them. :)

Even if Ghostcrawler, Watcher, or any other dev, read this forum you would still have to hope that one of them sees your post and then answers it as well. That applies to the US forum, too.
Edited by Gøntier on 15/11/2012 14:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Even if Ghostcrawler, Watcher, or any other dev, read this forum you would still have to hope that one of them sees your post and then answers it as well. That applies to the US forum, too.

No, it doesn't matter if say GC doesn't respond specifically to my post as long as he sees the point I've made and understands it.

With a middleman acting as the gatekeeper, I have no idea if anyone with the ability to make changes has seen it, and I have no way of making sure the message hasn't been lost in translation.

In any case this still leaves the impact on the discussion even if your point was valid.
Edited by Ulsaki on 15/11/2012 12:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Posting on US forums... that would mean US could post on EU forums? NO, THNX. Hope never happens /cover
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]