Posting on US forums

It isn't just that there are US and EU forums - there are Korean forums too - and there are forums in the other supported languages. Regions have support teams and community managers to look after them that parallel the server hubs.

Given a choice between US forums and EU forums I'll take the EU ones any day because I don't have to worry about political and religious sensitivities. Not that I would start a thread on such topics but if someone starts one with content I see as irrational or offensive I'm likely to say so.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hey, how about LITERALLY just blue-tagging threads? As in, a "Blizz" ticker on a thread that says upon mousover "This thread has been read by a Customer Support representative or Community Manager". Very little thing, but it'd help silence people who say Blizz doesn't even acknowledge their existence. On the bigger support page it'd assure people that threads with that ticker had their feedback passed along to the developers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
15/11/2012 13:00Posted by Vaneras

Tadaaaaaaa.. just one example.

Zarhym - Twitter
http://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/268292269830979584

Even if Ghostcrawler, Watcher, or any other dev, read this forum you would still have to hope that one of them sees your post and then answers it as well. That applies to the US forum, too.

I think it can't hurt dropping this one in here also:
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/254617421032337408

i totally understand you point but if you take a look at US they get more attension than EU and ive seen many good threads around, the post about low/unpopulated server has around 200 pages,last time a blue answered that one, was on page 156 (i think) and other threads that have been great but felt like nobody cares.

i agree ofc with that you job isnt to read throught every thread which you shouldnt do either, but atleast take a look at most of these pages like BG/Wpvp or general or something else, atleast so it feels like you are in presence.

what i notice SOMETIMES, is that blues give really confusing and strange answers which would be fun if you colud take more time to explain further, (im mainly thinking of pvp here)

kind regards:Risby
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Posted by Spacehunt
There was also no whitewash at the whitehouse too!

And NASA never sent a man to the moon! LoL ;-)

15/11/2012 15:32Posted by Spacehunt
and while your hear please clear something up. Do you or your line managers meet on a weekly basis with your US counterparts?

Yup, we are in constant contact with our US colleagues. Video conference meetings, phone/voip conference meetings, emails, instant messaging, you name it. The distance between our offices, and also the time zone differences, is an issue of course that unfortunately prevents physical meetings weekly, but we still have those quite often as well.

well you know i could link you the video we have of him walking on the moon (or any of them take your pick)
and then you can show me a video? or you know actual results? or you know not the same drivel that we have been handed for years?

and really, I would like a reply on the other more fundamental point about the lack of blue response, are you not allowed to post things of substance? or does the developers (assuming you cant speak for them in the same way you speak for us) just lack the ability to read and write English? i hear they only speak American over there, or maybe you haven't cracked the tech to allow them to post on the EU forums?

and please dont give me a "they do get your feedback" because even if that was true, we dont, (get feedback, we may say something interesting it, might even be implemented but its only a Discussion if two parties interact) and more importantly we dont even get treatment that would qualify as separate but equal.

to clarify: i dont care whether or not you are in constant connection with your counterparts in the US, we still get substantially and quantifiably worse treatment than the US forums, because a forum is a place for discussion, the name for a place with lots of people that are supervised but not engaged with is a day care center.
Reply Quote
Community
15/11/2012 16:01Posted by Zhinru
Hey, how about LITERALLY just blue-tagging threads? As in, a "Blizz" ticker on a thread that says upon mousover "This thread has been read by a Customer Support representative or Community Manager". Very little thing, but it'd help silence people who say Blizz doesn't even acknowledge their existence. On the bigger support page it'd assure people that threads with that ticker had their feedback passed along to the developers.

It is an idea that has been brought up before, but we do have some concerns with it.

The primary function of our forums is, and always has been, to be an environment where players can come together and talk about our games. If we had such a feature as you suggest, we fear that the forums would no longer be such an environment where players come together to talk about our games. Instead it would be all about the "blizz" tag and whether or not threads have one... all threads with a tag would be derailed by people who feel that it didn't deserve a tag, or people who want to grab attention to threads without tags, and threads without a tag would get spam bumped until it would get one.

We can acknowledge that the forums right now are not perfect, but we honestly think such a "blizz" tag system would not improve things... quite the contrary in fact, as it would move attention away from the topics being discussed.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
15/11/2012 15:30Posted by Spacehunt
That poster was stating that the EU CM meet on a weekly basis with their US counter parts. Source/Prove that this takes place.

To clarify, I didn't state that they physically met as you seem so hooked on reciting over and over in your counter argument. I said that they passed our feedback onto the developers on a weekly basis. I'll quote my own offending sentence to analyse that sentence further.

14/11/2012 23:00Posted by Kris
They read through our feedback and then pass it on to the developers over in the US weekly.

As you should be able to read, I not once stated that they have a weekly meeting. I said that they pass it on to the developers. I'll use the following analogy. Football player A passes the ball to Football player B. They don't meet half way to discuss what they're going to do with the ball, or to talk about the ball in detail. No, Football Player A simply kicks the ball in Football Player B's direction. Too apply that to real life, that includes email, messaging, voice chat and / or video calls as Vaneras said. Nowhere in that did I say "They meet face to face with the developers in the US to discuss our feedback". You see, if you google the definition of "Pass", it will return the following:

Verb: Move in a specified direction: "he passed through towns".
Noun:
1. An act or instance of moving past or through something.
2. A route over or through mountains.

If one was to pass something on, it doesn't require both the sender and the recipient to come into physical contact at all. Ergo, I never stated, nor even implied, that a meeting takes place. I hope that's cleared a lot of things up for you.

its only a Discussion if two parties interact

We, as players, do the discussing. The forums aren't intended to be a Q&A with the company.
Edited by Kris on 15/11/2012 16:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
15/11/2012 15:48Posted by Vaneras
There was also no whitewash at the whitehouse too!

And NASA never sent a man to the moon! LoL ;-)

and while your hear please clear something up. Do you or your line managers meet on a weekly basis with your US counterparts?

Yup, we are in constant contact with our US colleagues. Video conference meetings, phone/voip conference meetings, emails, instant messaging, you name it. The distance between our offices, and also the time zone differences, is an issue of course that unfortunately prevents physical meetings weekly, but we still have those quite often as well.

Touché apart from the fact that the whitewash was proven to have happened and cost the narrator of the sentence his job, while the claims of the moon landings being fake are yet to hold any water.

I have no doubt that there is contact between the different divisions within the company, my point which seems to be eluded again is; The poster stated that there was/is weekly meetings conducted in regards to the feedback from this forum direct to the developers of the game. The notion that i am implying physical meetings is needless spin to be honest.

Even though i am in my 30's im not stupid enough to not be aware of intercontinental meetings taking place over the new fangeled wireless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
15/11/2012 16:30Posted by Vaneras

It is an idea that has been brought up before, but we do have some concerns with it.

The primary function of our forums is, and always has been, to be an environment where players can come together and talk about our games. If we had such a feature as you suggest, we fear that the forums would no longer be such an environment where players come together to talk about our games. Instead it would be all about the "blizz" tag and whether or not threads have one... all threads with a tag would be derailed by people who feel that it didn't deserve a tag, or people who want to grab attention to threads without tags, and threads without a tag would get spam bumped until it would get one.

We can acknowledge that the forums right now are not perfect, but we honestly think such a "blizz" tag system would not improve things... quite the contrary in fact, as it would move attention away from the topics being discussed.

But this is already in place when an employee posts on the forums. It tags the thread and draws such attention. There is often goading on posts to attempt blue text too.

In addition if that is the general consensus then why have the employee posting highlighted at the top of the forum home page?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
15/11/2012 16:30Posted by Vaneras

As has the idea of allowing us all to post on the same forums. I'd like to know what concerns Blizzard has with that precisely, and why giving feedback on the beta somehow merits an exemption.

To this day I have never seen a single reason that holds up to any scrutiny.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
15/11/2012 16:37Posted by Kris
To clarify, I didn't state that they physically met as you seem so hooked on reciting over and over in your counter argument. I said that they passed our feedback onto the developers on a weekly basis. I'll quote my own offending sentence to analyse that sentence further

Where am i asking for proof that they physically meet? i have asked you for proof that weekly EU customer/forum feedback meetings are held like you stated.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
To clarify, I didn't state that they physically met as you seem so hooked on reciting over and over in your counter argument. I said that they passed our feedback onto the developers on a weekly basis. I'll quote my own offending sentence to analyse that sentence further

Where am i asking for proof that they physically meet? i have asked you for proof that weekly EU customer/forum feedback meetings are held like you stated.

What makes you think I even stated once that they have any meeting of any sort? You are quite frankly one of the most stubborn posters I've had the great displeasure of even trying to discuss something with and I refuse to take any further part in this thread. I'll let you kick up a fuss about your delusions about Blizzard neglecting the EU. Evidence to suggest the contrary has been thrown at you from all angles and yet you constantly dismiss them whilst being hooked on the fact that I said something which I didn't say, you merely didn't interpret it correctly. That's your misguided opinion. Not mine.
Edited by Kris on 15/11/2012 16:58 GMT
Reply Quote
84 Draenei Paladin
15/11/2012 12:30Posted by Teiksma
Posting on US forums... that would mean US could post on EU forums? NO, THNX. Hope never happens /cover

Even though I am paying for an EU account, I'm from the USA. :x
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter

I understand the concern but I believe there should be some way to let people know their feedback is acknowledged. Maybe even just have the in-game "suggestion" and "bug report" tools have a pingback "yup, it's been read and forwarded", just let the concerned people know they are not ignored.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

How about making it so that only certain people can see the tag? Such as the OP, people who've posted in the thread, or even only people in the thread who've contributed good feedback? Maybe just make the tagging work for individual posts only?

Even then, if it's more than just a "We've read it", but a "This is well thought out feedback, or very important feedback and is definitely useful" wouldn't the possiblity of earning a blue's "This feedback is valuable and is being noted" thing next to your post or thread help persuade people to write better and more articulate feedback? The chance to, if not have a blue actually talk to you, but say "Your feedback is valuable enough to get this special badge of awesomeness next to it saying that the devs are taking note of your work" would probably entice people to give better, more eloquent and more polite feedback than having nothing at all. I know I certainly have done that.

And if too many people start going in to one thread with the hope of earning a blue tagged post, or being in a blue tagged thread? Well, that should certainly help concentrate the forums instead of simply scattered threads.

Seriously, just think about giving it a try. Even if it's rather limited as to who can see it, or just ". This thread has blue tagged posts in it" (that can be searched between like blue posts are now), it might help people not only feel as though their feedback is valued, but actively try to improve their feedback so they can have it specially noted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
its only a Discussion if two parties interact

We, as players, do the discussing. The forums aren't intended to be a Q&A with the company.

You do know there was Literaly a QnA thread on the US beta forums?
besides they have a discussion that is moderated by (for the purpose of this analogy) a teacher but whereas we get the occasional, don't run with the scissors, for our "disscusion"

besides we still have not moved beyond the basic unfairness of not being interacted with,
so to sufficiently simplify and clarify it for you:
We are the same as them, but we get a Different treatment, that is by Definition discrimination.
now you can argue that discrimination is not wrong, or that its a minor and thus irrelevant issue or that the end result is the same (that would be separate but equal) or you can concede that we get different treatment and there are no good reasons beyond archaic forum structuring.
Reply Quote
Community
15/11/2012 16:54Posted by Ulsaki

As has the idea of allowing us all to post on the same forums. I'd like to know what concerns Blizzard has with that precisely, and why giving feedback on the beta somehow merits an exemption.

To this day I have never seen a single reason that holds up to any scrutiny.

When you consider the fact that your feedback is passed on to the developers (as we continually assure you it is), along with them reading it for themselves (see the earlier link to Ghostcrawler's tweet), why not have separate forums for European players? It allows us to focus on European concerns, alongside the global ones, ensuring local issues don't get pushed down the list of topics.

15/11/2012 16:08Posted by Risby
i totally understand you point but if you take a look at US they get more attension than EU and ive seen many good threads around, the post about low/unpopulated server has around 200 pages,last time a blue answered that one, was on page 156 (i think) and other threads that have been great but felt like nobody cares.

We can only give more information on a topic if there actually is any new information to give. Just posting in a thread to say "We're still following this" isn't massively helpful, and is just as likely to cause negative remarks as anything else. And it's not as if US players are getting answers to this topic while European players aren't. Any news about important topics goes out as soon as we have it. You'll notice a huge amount of important announcements and blogs are made worldwide simultaneously these days.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Incorrect; the order of giving a fluff about is as follows.

US
ASIA
EU

more like

South Korea
"
"
"
US
ASIA
"
"
"
"
"
"
EU

But let's be fair here, europe is a multi language region and half the posts here range from grammatically bad to totally incomprehensible, I do think they don't want to bother with this.
Edited by Jja on 15/11/2012 17:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Going to play devil's advocate and say the standard of posting on EU is just gawd awful compared to the US.

The US have alot more articulated people posting with constructive points of view, the reason fro lack of blues on EU is because we are just gawd awful at posting.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
Why even have separate forums for US, EU? Instead why not make English and other language forums?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
When you consider the fact that your feedback is passed on to the developers (as we continually assure you it is), along with them reading it for themselves (see the earlier link to Ghostcrawler's tweet), why not have separate forums for European players? It allows us to focus on European concerns, alongside the global ones, ensuring local issues don't get pushed down the list of topics.

and they only discuss US issues on the US forum?
that strikes me with a notion What EU only issues are there beyond server and realm forums?
cant think of any but i am assuming there are massive problems, that you and we are busy with, why cant the US forums do that ? i mean they are constantly being swamped by Global issues and seemingly have no time for local issues, so there must obviously be a secret us only forum that deals with those things .
and besides why not just make a new forum called global for everyone's problems, and given the fact we play the same game with very very few differences are bound to be a rather HUGE overlap here .
so we can have a new structure- Global-regional-server and keep issues at the appropriate level, with llots of room for "local" issues and then a top layer for those pesky minor things like: class balance, raids, pvp balance, pet battles, you know the Game.

PS
When you consider the fact that your feedback is passed on to the developers (as we continually assure you it is)

anyone in the EU community manager community reflected on the fact that if you Continualy have to Re-assure us that our input is being forwarded, we dont believe you and you have a problem so maybe you should do something different because saying it seems to not work and you have only done it a few hundred times?
Edited by Thieriah on 15/11/2012 17:49 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]