[Suggestion] Choose Lootspec in LFR

90 Orc Warrior
Hey there,

here is a rough translation of my suggestion in the german Forum:

Greetings everyone,

I have now reached a point where certain encounters in LFR do not have any upgrade for my DPS Set but they have some items which I could use for my tank spec. This creates a problem and so far I just see 3 possible solutions:

1.) I queue as tank - downside: My tankgear is worse than my DD set. I would be of more help for the group playing as DD. In addition, I would lose possible DD item upgrades.

2.) I queue as DD and switch to tanksspec for certain encounters. - downside: My damage is way lower this way and I am not a big help for the group. I also risk to be votekicked.

3.) I queue as DD and just vendor all the useless drops until I need no item from any boss. Then I queue as tank. Downside: This is very frustrating and will take some time. And my tankgear is still worse than my DPS set.

My Suggestion would be, that one can choose the prefered lootspec regardless of my role in LFR. (compared to the Filter at the vendors)

This way everyone can bring their most powerfull gear and gear up the other specs. No tricks needed which would be of disadvantage for the group. Even if, for example, your healerset ist extremely powerful and no upgrade is needed from LFR, you can still queue as a healer and build up your second or third set.

As the loot is individual anyway there is no risk to steal loot from the other payers.

What do you think about that?
If you agree, please leave a small comment below so that this threat grows and will be acknowledged by the community team.

Thanks for reading, I hope i did not make too many mistakes in the translation. :-)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Problem is that this could lead to an influx of bad healers or tanks (lets be fair but its near impossible not to do reasonable DPS levels) in end game content as they will use a DPS spec for instance to get a healer set and then feel that just because they have the gear they must be awesome healers and end up wiping loads of groups because they do not know the role.

Surely its better to have people using a spec through the levels and having to earn those pieces by doing a good job in raids.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
03/11/2012 15:48Posted by Gorsom
Thanks for reading, I hope i did not make too many mistakes in the translation. :-)

The translation was great, as was the suggestion itself. :)

03/11/2012 16:10Posted by Skilliad
Surely its better to have people using a spec through the levels and having to earn those pieces by doing a good job in raids.

I'd rather have a bad tank in good gear than a bad tank in bad gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I think this is an excellent suggestion. I understand Skilliad's concern, but I think it is unfounded. His objection seems to be that under this system people will manage to gear up for roles with which they are unfamiliar and then enter LFR in those new roles and mess up. Maybe, but surely that's still preferable to the alternative which is as currently, people entering LFR in substandard gear to perform a role with which they are unfamiliar?

Personally, I think the more likely scenario for most (and this certainly would apply to me) would be: your guild would like you to run guild raids as a tank or healer, but you aren't yet sufficiently well geared or comfortable in the new raid dungeons to feel happy about that role in LFR. This way, you can run it as dps, but collect tank/healing gear for your guild runs. That seems perfect to me, and as the OP says, you're not taking tank or healing gear from anyone else, and you're not risking the LFR raid wiping because you're tanking or healing them in an encounter you don't yet know sufficiently well in gear that's not up to the job - it's ideal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
03/11/2012 16:30Posted by Doomsinger

The translation was great, as was the suggestion itself. :)

Thank you very much. :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]