Tired of players complaining about putting in effort!

90 Blood Elf Mage
Hi!

Dailies, LFR, heroics, craftables. Players whine. But why?
Always saying stuff like:
"I need to do LFR to stay competitive."
"I must do 2 hours of dailies every day to get the best pre-raid gear."
"I must farm heroics for items."
"I must buy expensive craftables."

Hey! My name is Laniala, I'm a mage, I've been playing since vanilla and raiding since TBC, obviously that is not the point but I just want to say...
STOP complaining. Just STOP.

You say your guild wants to stay competitive. I hear you man, I really do. So do we and a lot of other guilds. And you know what? It's part of the task. If you want to be a COMPETITIVE raiding guild, then you will do everything to get the best out of your character.

If you don't like this or it feels like a "chore", then stop doing that but accept you're not cut out of the right wood to be a 'competitive' player. Competitive equals a lot of effort, something you are not willing to put in the game.

The "horrendous, terrible farming" you have to put up with isn't really so bad. This is what you signed up for when you started calling yourself a competitive player.

You really aren't one though, so maybe it's time to accept your a casual and that all the things you're doing to get an 'edge' really don't matter at rank 20.000 world wide that your guild is at.

And please stop speaking for me, like you represent the "competitive playerbase". You don't. You're awful and we facepalm every time one of you awful people call yourself competitive cause you managed to do 8/8 DS HC in Cataclysm.

Rant over.

With love,
Laniala
Edited by Laniala on 05/11/2012 10:26 GMT
Reply Quote
4 Human Warlock
Posting in the ironic thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/11/2012 10:24Posted by Delories
Posting in the ironic thread.

The title wouldn't allow me to put in
"Tired of players whining about putting in effort"
Or maybe it does, woo!
Edited by Laniala on 05/11/2012 10:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Why, Lanalia is so angry she could....ooooohhh......just burst into flames!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/11/2012 10:27Posted by Ogbert
Why, Lanalia is so angry she could....ooooohhh......just burst into flames!!!!!

Yes! IN FLAMES! *rawr*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah I mean I was saving VP for shoulders , and when I had enough VP I looked and guess what , I need to be revered with golden lotus, now im sitting on 3k valor and can't spend it untill i'm revered.

Im fine with doing dailies for mounts and fun items , or nice transmogs, but not for basic armor. I've been spammign the same heroic dungeons over and over again, heroic shoulders never drop and my dps trinket has been ninjad 3 times by a tank :p Now I could just buy those things with VP and finaly start reforging and gemming decently but game says no.

Also the way the dailies are designed is rather bad and its forcing players to fight over mobs. Especialy on big realms , you just lose time because of everyone is racing to tag all the mobs first.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I am not the right wood, I don't like to raid even. I can't do it! I just can't!

Do I like dailies? No .. I hate to do them everyday. Do I do them? Aye, but not each day!

Does this mean that I can't do raids? No. I can still do them once I am decked out in HC gear, and bought a few epics here and there. But, I know am not shaped for competitive raiding.

I find the people complaining about the dailies, well.. OP said it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
yeah I mean I was saving VP for shoulders , and when I had enough VP I looked and guess what , I need to be revered with golden lotus, now im sitting on 3k valor and can't spend it untill i'm revered.

Im fine with doing dailies for mounts and fun items , or nice transmogs, but not for basic armor. I've been spammign the same heroic dungeons over and over again, heroic shoulders never drop and my dps trinket has been ninjad 3 times by a tank :p Now I could just buy those things with VP and finaly start reforging and gemming decently but game says no.

Also the way the dailies are designed is rather bad and its forcing players to fight over mobs. Especialy on big realms , you just lose time because of everyone is racing to tag all the mobs first.

its not basic armor, its epic quality armor. And it is supposed to take atleast some effort (doesn't anymore these days). Of course it is sad when the days of Cataclysm aka Camp in One City Spamming LFD And Be Geared In Latest Tier Without Ever Stepping Into Raid are over.
Edited by Garkh on 05/11/2012 11:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I don't mind the gear so much. I like raiding, but I've never been concerned about the epeen level/item level.

What bothers me a bit is that it seems like I'm gated from the storylines by dailies. The Klaxxi struggle just kind of... ended for me. It was totally random, there was a big event, and then they said something along the lines of "we need more supplies". A quick google search told me that I don't get to experience any more of the game until I spend a few weeks grinding daily quests.

It means that, yes, I AM required to do dailies to proceed. Hell, I'm not even trying to be competitive here so I'm not sure why they would require such input, I just want to see what happens. Video games are, after all, primarily a story-telling medium akin to books and movies.

But I haven't got the time for dailies, and the last tidbit of story just doesn't seem worth it to me. I'll check youtube to get a less exciting experience of it I guess.

Which is a shame too, since the Klaxxi are like one of the first villainous races that have an actual backstory. "Went insane because Old Gods" and "Are just plain evil" are not proper backstories for those purposes. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i hit 90 about what 2 weeks ago?...i'm sure armoury police will correct me there, could cap valor that week as it was a monday and my gear sucked so i wrote that week off.

since then, revered with golden lotus, honored with shado pan..so i bought the cloak last week, and plan to buy the shoulders from golden lotus this coming reset.

are daily's freaking boring....yes oh yes indeed, in fact i'd rather stab myself in the leg for a week non stop at this point.

are they mandatory? i would say yes but that's only due to the tie in they all have, can't get august celestials without golden lotus, can't get shado pan without golden lotus, can't get charms without doing daily's, can't spend valor without doing dailies.

are they really mandatory? nope you can just not do them...why you would not do them is an odd one though considering you'd be sat on a load of currency that has no use.

valor is now kinda worthless in terms of it's use for those people but still the dailies aren't mandatory.

but they are incredibly boring, and no matter what anyone says that won't change for most people.

it shouldn't take you much poking of the eyes with hot pokers to get golden lotus up to revered though:)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/11/2012 11:07Posted by Garkh
its not basic armor, its epic quality armor. And it is supposed to take atleast some effort (doesn't anymore these days). Of course it is sad when the days of Cataclysm aka Camp in One City Spamming LFD And Be Geared In Latest Tier Without Ever Stepping Into Raid are over.

Even justice points gear require rep with a faction?

And dailies don't require any effort other than racing some other guy to tag multiple mobs :p

Ow and start of Cata didnt give you free epics, but didnt force you to spam dailies to get raid ready. They just failed rlly bad with DS patch.

I mean atm I wanna do the other quests that are story driven , because I wanna know more of the lore and story, but I can't do them because all my time goes into spamming dailies.

Dailies don't make you better at your spec or a competitive or great player. So why say it's an effort , more like a waste of time.

And during cata I was doing dailies while I was queueing up for stuff so I rarely was in oggrimmar, but back then you weren't forced to spam them EVERY day to keep up with other players.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
05/11/2012 11:26Posted by Orlen
are they really mandatory? nope you can just not do them...why you would not do them is an odd one though considering you'd be sat on a load of currency that has no use.

They're as mandatory as it gets in a game, seeing as the main storylines are blocked until you do them.
Was going to the World of Ruin mandatory in FFVI? Is anything mandatory in any game? Well, no. Technically you could just stop playing the game. But that's not really what anyone means when they say it's mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/11/2012 10:19Posted by Laniala
You're awful and we facepalm every time one of you awful people call yourself competitive

By "we", do you mean the "competitive players"?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
05/11/2012 11:44Posted by Retarjoe
You're awful and we facepalm every time one of you awful people call yourself competitive

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/11/2012 11:44Posted by Krazney

They're as mandatory as it gets in a game, seeing as the main storylines are blocked until you do them.
Was going to the World of Ruin mandatory in FFVI? Is anything mandatory in any game? Well, no. Technically you could just stop playing the game. But that's not really what anyone means when they say it's mandatory.

notice i said yes and no in my post...i think they are but at the same time you just don't have to do them.

not doing dailies, you lose out on charms, you lose out on the gold and 5 poxy valor...which you can't spend anyway without doing the dailies, you lose out on proffesion recipes and patterns and obviously mounts.

you will cap valor and frankly just sit there.

effort...i just can not call dailies effort...boring mundane tragic yes but fun and entertaining...no i've never called them that in 4-5 years.

if i could write a bot programe that could do my dailies for me while i go do something meaningfull with my time then i would and be damned with the concequences, blizzard must know how boring dailies are and people are doing them because they have too not because they want too.
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
Hi!Dailies, LFR, heroics, craftables. Players whine. But why?Always saying stuff like:"I need to do LFR to stay competitive.""I must do 2 hours of dailies every day to get the best pre-raid gear.""I must farm heroics for items.""I must buy expensive craftables."

Hey! My name is Laniala, I'm a mage, I've been playing since vanilla and raiding since TBC, obviously that is not the point but I just want to say...STOP complaining. Just STOP.You say your guild wants to stay competitive. I hear you man, I really do. So do we and a lot of other guilds.

And you know what? It's part of the task. If you want to be a COMPETITIVE raiding guild, then you will do everything to get the best out of your character.If you don't like this or it feels like a "chore", then stop doing that but accept you're not cut out of the right wood to be a 'competitive' player. Competitive equals a lot of effort, something you are not willing to put in the game.

The "horrendous, terrible farming" you have to put up with isn't really so bad. This is what you signed up for when you started calling yourself a competitive player.You really aren't one though, so maybe it's time to accept your a casual and that all the things you're doing to get an 'edge' really don't matter at rank 20.000 world wide that your guild is at.

And please stop speaking for me, like you represent the "competitive playerbase". You don't. You're awful and we facepalm every time one of you awful people call yourself competitive cause you managed to do 8/8 DS HC in Cataclysm.Rant over.With love,Laniala

Love it. More please! :D
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Competitive players may grumble amongst themselves from time to time but will still do whatever they need to in order to remain competitive. The ones who whine on the forums are the ones who aren't up to the task (or who simply want to complain lots, even though they may have been among those complaining that there wasn't enough to do in Cataclysm).

Quite frankly I'd rather have too much to do than not enough, as was the case throughout Cataclysm when I had barely any reason to log my main. It's my main for a reason, I want to be able to progress on it whether it's with raiding or reputation or anything else.

I played in Vanilla and TBC though so I'm okay with this sort of thing, it's not so bad. Just something people have to get used to again after WotLK and Cata!
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't understand the obsession self-proclaimed 'casuals' have with doing everything the game has to offer; it really doesn't matter if you miss a week or two of valor points when your guild is ranked #2000 or do you really care if you're ranked 2100th instead of 2000th? If the answer is yes, then I suggest investing the time you would normally invest in daily quests and similar, into researching class mechanics and improving your game-play instead because it would probably be a more efficient way of improving rankings.

Skipping LFR and missing out on one or two 476 pieces doesn't matter either, there is absolutely no one forcing you to do everything there is on a daily or weekly basis. You won't be a special snowflake for doing these grinds and the advantages for doing them are minimal. If special snowflake status is what you desire, you're going to have to do better than valor gear and either join a top guild, RBG group or arena team.

Just please, stop using the argument that in order to remain competitive you are forced to do the grinds. Competitive guilds are the top 50 or perhaps 100, and clear most of the content with little of the valor gear. That's competitive, not grinding gear designed for casual players who won't replace it until the next tier which you intend to use to heavily out-gear current content with the excuse of keeping your #2000 or whatever guild 'competitive'.

Not that there is anything wrong with a #2000 or #5000 guild, but the moment you pretend that you are forced to do all these things I cannot help but laugh because chances are, there are about a thousand guilds higher ranked than yours with players who aren't even trying to be competitive, yet somehow, are ahead of you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

The title wouldn't allow me to put in
"Tired of players whining about putting in effort"
Or maybe it does, woo!

And im tire of players who dont know what word "effort" means.

Im checking you arhivments:

Only 41 exalted reputations
No bloody rare achivment
No frostbitten achivment
No Could We Find More Like That? achivment
No Battlemaster achivment
Even your fishing isnt 600 atm

Basically you havent done anything that requires "effort" in this game.
Daylies isnt effort, its just waste of time for something really boring.

My honest opinion is that game should be fun, even my everyday work is 100 times more fun than playing WOW.
Game should offer different options to play and achive something. Mindblowing grind is not fun and not make me wanna play the game. Onlyest thing what keeps me here are friends, we do old content and just chill and try to find fun things. When they leave i leave also.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/11/2012 11:44Posted by Retarjoe

Her super competitive main has 4 Madness hc kills and she calls us bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]