Tired of players complaining about putting in effort!

86 Draenei Hunter
If you like alts, you are forced to do dailys on them aswell if you want to use the Cloud serpents.
Farming to exalted on every alt is unacceptable, either make them Account wide reputations, or turn them into books for rep, 100% extra rep does not matter much if you got to do it on every alt.

Each character is a separate entity. While I did enjoy not having to buy a mount or pets for my alts, having account wide rep is dumb. You start a new character who hasn't even set foot in the world before and they have exalted rep with all factions, how does that work?

Considering also that exalted with one makes you KOS with another in some cases, what happens if you want to choose the other faction with a new character?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

For the next person who is about to type "your not forced to do them" please concider how many people would do them by choice if these essential items wern't hidden behind them, before posting.

Revered is all you need for the VP items that are rapidly becoming obsolete, revered is trivial to get - consider the miniscule amount of time you have to put into doing them the replacement for how free flasks are this expansion. The only people who would consider such upgrades "mandatory", are the kind of raiders that should be willing to put in time to minmax.

If you like alts, you are forced to do dailys on them aswell if you want to use the Cloud serpents.
Farming to exalted on every alt is unacceptable, either make them Account wide reputations, or turn them into books for rep, 100% extra rep does not matter much if you got to do it on every alt.

You don't NEED to use a cloud serpent.

Otherwise there are other huge problems.

I'm FORCED to pvp to get my dk alt a snazzy pvp set! Inexcusable!
I'm FORCED to raid at heroic level to get my warrior a cool tier set.
I'm FORCED to do challenge modes if I want to get my challenge mode set.

Clearly all of these need changing too. It's unacceptable. [/sarcasm]

If you want things on alts, sometimes you need to work for them - you're getting titles and mounts account wide already, until recently you'd have had to grind to exalted on alts to get mounts, re-grind that 1% drop rate mount that you really want for it etc.

Man up and take responsibly for your own desires. It's you who wants your alt to sit on a cloud serpent, go do the requirements or make do with one of the other 100s of mounts available. You are not "forced" to ride cloud serpents, nor can you claim that you're "forced" to do something when the only thing forcing you is your own self-imposed desire.
Edited by Nagassh on 08/11/2012 14:54 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
For the next person who is about to type "your not forced to do them" please concider how many people would do them by choice if these essential items wern't hidden behind them, before posting.

Revered is all you need for the VP items that are rapidly becoming obsolete, revered is trivial to get - consider the miniscule amount of time you have to put into doing them the replacement for how free flasks are this expansion. The only people who would consider such upgrades "mandatory", are the kind of raiders that should be willing to put in time to minmax.

You have sort of missed the point of my post, I was stating that Dalies aren't fun, and if there was no carrot people wouldn't do them "Just for fun".

We want to work for nice items, but we would like an alternative to dalies.

This has all been mentioned several times in the last few pages - you must have missed it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Hi!

Dailies, LFR, heroics, craftables. Players whine. But why?
Always saying stuff like:
"I need to do LFR to stay competitive."
"I must do 2 hours of dailies every day to get the best pre-raid gear."
"I must farm heroics for items."
"I must buy expensive craftables."

What you're basically saying is: You don't like the way the game is headed. Don't use the forums to make your voice heard. Just put up with it.

If you think that being AFK in LFR to get gear is valuable use of time, just to be a competitive player. Share that view.
If you think grinding dailies to get the most common gear in the game, is valuable worth of your game time. share that view.

But don't expect people who disagree with the requirements for being "competitive", to just sit and watch why the game they love is being made worse (for them).

By sharing their views they are making it clear to the devs that they don't like these changes/ideas. And that they want another option, such as the option to grind rep through dungeons with tabards, or not "having" to do LFR.

This post is plain stupid, as the premise is flawed.

You think being competitive should require people to waste their time in LFR, fine. Others may think that being competitive should have more to do with skill, than how much time one wants to waste on boring stuff which you can AFK through. Another requirement for being competitive could be: Never log off. You get gear every time your character has been online for 1000 hours in a row. Is that good gameplay?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
08/11/2012 15:04Posted by Vot
We want to work for nice items, but we would like an alternative to dalies.

How about raids, or heroics, or challenge modes?

08/11/2012 15:13Posted by Basbo
Another requirement for being competitive could be: Never log off. You get gear every time your character has been online for 1000 hours in a row. Is that good gameplay?

I work 2 jobs, amounting to 60 hours a week. I don't have time for much in the way of Heroics or Dailies, but I still have decent gear and can post decent parses. There's no need to do all the things with all your time.
Edited by Jessicka on 08/11/2012 15:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
08/11/2012 14:49Posted by Nagassh
Man up and take responsibly for your own desires. It's you who wants your alt to sit on a cloud serpent, go do the requirements or make do with one of the other 100s of mounts available. You are not "forced" to ride cloud serpents, nor can you claim that you're "forced" to do something when the only thing forcing you is your own self-imposed desire.

Most other mounts are shared. Why NOT this one? The other mounts ALL have requirements (buy them at 1g cost, reach level 20 or whatever). You don't start the game with any mounts. This person thinks that once you've done the requirement once, all characters should get the mount. I think that is a perfectly valid point.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
08/11/2012 15:15Posted by Jessicka
How about raids, or heroics, or challenge modes?

All are fun, but none of them let me craft nice gear with my BS or Tailor, none of them let me spend my VP, in short none of them gain me rep - that is solely down to dalies.
We would like an alternative to dalies as most of us find trudging through regurgitated content day in and day out very dull.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
All are fun, but none of them let me craft nice gear with my BS or Tailor, none of them let me spend my VP, in short none of them gain me rep - that is solely down to dalies.
We would like an alternative to dalies as most of us find trudging through regurgitated content day in and day out very dull.

I'd like to elaborate on this point. Which I in basis agree with. Dungeons/HCs have always been the way to get gear, it's a core part of WoW, and, I personally, find it a lot more fun that dailies. Therefore I think gear should be centered around this, as it has in every expansion up to now (through tabard rep). Dailies is a nice alternative, but I believe BOTH options should still be in the game. If you want to spend your justice/valor points on gear, it's my opinion that you should NOT be forced to do dailies.
Edited by Basbo on 08/11/2012 15:24 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Why do you need VP or crafted gear if you can pick it up equivalent, or better by raiding?

You can beat encounters in Normal mode in Heroic Dungeon level gear; if you're struggling, there's LFR for an intermediate. There is absolutely no reason, whatsoever to do dailies if you don't want to.
Edited by Jessicka on 08/11/2012 15:25 GMT
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Rogue
Give a decent alternative?

seriously? something that doesnt allow you to complete it in 3 days flat by mindlessly charging, because thats what needs to be avoided. due to the fact we have another 2 years of these factions and your complaining its too long in the first couple of months :s
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
08/11/2012 15:24Posted by Jessicka
Why do you need VP or crafted gear if you can pick it up equivalent, or better by raiding?

Not everyone wants to raid, or have the time for it. Raiding should be an option, just as spending VP or gold on crafted items should be an option to gain gear. You want to raid, and have the time for it. But those who don't, they don't deserve an option to get epic gear?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
08/11/2012 15:24Posted by Jessicka

I don't raid, I lfr and this DOESNT supply gear good enough to get to the next stage of lfr, and I like to sell the crafted items, you never know I might like one of the vanity items as well from rep
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
08/11/2012 15:24Posted by Woodsmoke

Again, Normal mode can be beaten in 463s. 476s can be obtained from LFR for a better edge, and can be purchased from someone who can be bothered to put the effort into crafting them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

seriously? something that doesnt allow you to complete it in 3 days flat by mindlessly charging, because thats what needs to be avoided. due to the fact we have another 2 years of these factions and your complaining its too long in the first couple of months :s

I think people are complaining that it is boring. Not necessarily that it takes a long time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
08/11/2012 15:26Posted by Basbo
Not everyone wants to raid, or have the time for it. Raiding should be an option, just as spending VP or gold on crafted items should be an option to gain gear. You want to raid, and have the time for it. But those who don't, they don't deserve an option to get epic gear?

Sure, you can get Epics from LFR and there's a low drop chance from Heroic dungeons.

08/11/2012 15:26Posted by Vot
I don't raid, I lfr and this DOESNT supply gear good enough to get to the next stage of lfr, and I like to sell the crafted items, you never know I might like one of the vanity items as well from rep

LFR does supply more than adequate gear for each progressive stage of it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
08/11/2012 15:30Posted by Jessicka

Sure, you can get Epics from LFR and there's a low drop chance from Heroic dungeons.

Ok. So you don't think crafted epics and VP should be in the game?
Sure, you raid so only you should have access to epics. The rest can "have fun" (JK) in LFR, or farm a HC 500+ times for a decent chance at an epic. Seems legit.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Ok. So you don't think crafted epics and VP should be in the game?
Sure, you raid so only you should have access to epics. The rest can "have fun" (JK) in LFR, or farm a HC 500+ times for a decent chance at an epic. Seems legit.

There's a place for them if you want to put in the time to get them. They're not however mandatory given the number of alternate avenues there are to obtaining equivalent gear.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
Posted by Basbo

08/11/2012 15:26Posted by Vot

LFR does supply more than adequate gear for each progressive stage of it.

Sort of thinking you are purposelessly missing the point of each of these posts.
LFR ONLY gets you ready for the next stage of LFR IF you are lucky enough to replace every single item.

people want the VP items and other items from rep. They want to work for them, however they don't want to do daily quests.

With 5.1 looming and looking just as bad, with yet more factions and rep grinds all with daily quests, people are sensibly making their opinions heard before the same mistake is made again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
08/11/2012 15:37Posted by Basbo
Sure, you raid so only you should have access to epics.

I don't see anything wrong with the most difficult challenges having the greatest rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You need 9/24 other friends who have the same time off to be able to run normal, not everyone can, alot of players play wow in a play when i can type time frame and can't commit to a scheduled raid.

I can earn valour in dungeons but can't spend it without dailies? so its a situation when reps become a nessecity not a choice.

Rep cap in dungeons.
lesser charms from bosses (once im exalted with a rep i don't want to hear its name for a while)
or a way to spend you valour without have to grind reps.

Its realy not fair to have 5 ways to earn a currency and only one way to unlock things to purchase things with it.

P.S I just cleared some shado-pan monastery of sha, how come you shado-pan guys arnt giving me respect?
Edited by Drapes on 08/11/2012 15:48 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]