Tired of players complaining about putting in effort!

90 Human Warrior
08/11/2012 18:46Posted by Thalbard
Why not rather give constructive feedback on what could be ADDED to the game to make it better?

Me and several others did that not so many pages ago. If you find somebody's tone inconstructive, comment it 1 or 2 times and forget about it. Try to discuss with the players who actually come up with suggestions.

Preserves your inner peace.

(I myself I cannot follow that advice 100% of the time, but I am seriously trying.) :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
08/11/2012 18:49Posted by Soulblinda
Dailies in their current iteration, exist for one reason and that it to keep you all logging in like the pixel addicted sheep you truly are.

welcome to the RPG genre, the exit is right behind you.
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
08/11/2012 18:49Posted by Soulblinda
Dailies in their current iteration, exist for one reason and that it to keep you all logging in like the pixel addicted sheep you truly are.

Logging in for a round of dailies has its charms. I know players who like the steady, leisured progress towards a well-defined goal this provides. And its better in many ways than camping in front of the television.
Edited by Thalbard on 08/11/2012 19:05 GMT
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
08/11/2012 18:49Posted by Smackita
Why not rather give constructive feedback on what could be ADDED to the game to make it better?

Me and several others did that not so many pages ago. If you find somebody's tone inconstructive, comment it 1 or 2 times and forget about it. Try to discuss with the players who actually come up with suggestions.

Preserves your inner peace.

(I myself I cannot follow that advice 100% of the time, but I am seriously trying.) :)

I agree with the wisdom of this. My inner peace is actually doing quite well here, I am just trying to do my bit to twist this thread back onto the OPs point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/11/2012 18:55Posted by Thalbard

Logging in for a round of dailies has its charms. I know players who like the steady, leisured prorgress towards a well-defined goal this provides. And its better in many ways than camping in front of the television.
Exactly. There's no new content for a few months to come, plenty of time to grind the rep easily. And if you're a raider, big chance your gear has alrdy passed the rep rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
08/11/2012 18:58Posted by Thalbard
I agree with the wisdom of this. My inner peace is actually doing quite well here, I am just trying to do my bit to twist this thread back onto the OPs point.

But here's the thing -- imo, OP didn't have a point except a highly subjective vent: complaining about other people complaining.

I believe that the thread mutated into a discussion of the sorts "Why not give us more choices", which I think is far more productive compared to the original post.
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
I would summarize (maybe oversimplify) the discussion as this:

OP: The current game structure and reward structure is essentially fine.

Some of you: No, it is not. We do not want to have to do dailies to buy valor gear.

I happen to think it is fine to have to do dailies to get valor gear. Just as you have to raid to get raid drops.

The point is: no one have to have valor gear. So no one have to do dailies. But if you want that gear, then you do. That is fine by me. It is like this for any reward in the game. The game "forces" you to do something to get the rewards. Which is fine.

What was a mistake in my eyes, was spreading the valor gear in one patch/expansion over 4 factions. If they had kept it on one faction, much fewer would have complained about it.

EDIT: Or what might have worked still better would have been to have all the valor gear on all the 4 factions, and have none of these factions be gated. Then there would have been less congestion, and people could select how many factions they felt like pursuing, and when, and the vanity items of all 4 would be available only to those most voluntarily dedicated to doing dailies.
Edited by Thalbard on 08/11/2012 19:25 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm reminded of the fuss about four years ago, when blizzard removed atunement for raids. I remember their reasoning. Forcing people to do these quests and rep grinds wasn't fun (they were right). I also remember the community in uproar.

How dare blizzard remove atunements! If you're serious about raiding, you should be up for anything!!!

Fast forward four years. Blizzard puts a rep check in for gear. Nerfs that rep check down to revered, and still people think its too much effort.

Its hard to believe that four years on, the 'casual' way of rep grinding (outside heroics) is now considered too much effort.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm reminded of the fuss about four years ago, when blizzard removed atunement for raids. I remember their reasoning. Forcing people to do these quests and rep grinds wasn't fun (they were right). I also remember the community in uproar.

How dare blizzard remove atunements! If you're serious about raiding, you should be up for anything!!!

Fast forward four years. Blizzard puts a rep check in for gear. Nerfs that rep check down to revered, and still people think its too much effort.

Its hard to believe that four years on, the 'casual' way of rep grinding (outside heroics) is now considered too much effort.

Please can you explain, where and when we needed reputation to buy gear?
I mean to buy decent raid gear or when was badge gear connected with reputation?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I mean to buy decent raid gear or when was badge gear connected with reputation?
Cataclysm? TBC factions had some very good gear for raiding as well back in the day. Classic as well... Wrath was the only exception.
Edited by Geryon on 08/11/2012 20:35 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/11/2012 20:32Posted by Geryon
Cataclysm?

Yes, but rep gain was able in dungeons and it wasnt problem.
It wouldnt be problem here also if it would be that way.

TBC reps was able to gain in HC s
Edited by Veix on 08/11/2012 20:34 GMT
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
Cataclysm? TBC factions had some very good gear for raiding as well back in the day.

And back in Vanilla, there was the Cenarion Circle rep grind to gear for AQ. The most gruelling rep grind ever as far as I know -- I chose not to do it. Our MT did it, and then did not log into the game for 6 months!
Edited by Thalbard on 08/11/2012 20:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/11/2012 20:34Posted by Veix
Cataclysm?

Yes, but rep gain was able in dungeons and it wasnt problem.
It wouldnt be problem here also if it would be that way.

TBC reps was able to gain in HC s
Why is it a problem now? Being honored now is a nobrainer which will get you JP gear. If you start raiding (and LFR) all that VP gear is useless pretty soon. So you'd rather want to slap on a tabard, get exalted in 1 day and then just wonder why you even log on within a months time?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Cataclysm? TBC factions had some very good gear for raiding as well back in the day.

And back in Vanilla, there was the Cenarion Cricle rep grind to gear for AQ. The most gruelling rep grind ever as far as I know -- I chose not to do it. Our MT did it, and then did not log into the game for 6 months!
You don't need rep anymore to get any gear, it's just a convience now. VP gear is overrated in this expansion anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/11/2012 20:36Posted by Thalbard
The most gruelling rep grind ever as far as I know

Not really a rep grind but grinding mats to open Gates of AQ on a lowpop server?

Thats a burnout.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
In TBC the epics were more in silver platter than Cata or MOP.
Badges didnt have limit, guild grps was able to farm tons in week, atm we get only 1000 VP s per week.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Badges didnt have limit, guild grps was able to farm tons in week, atm we get only 1000 VP s per week.
A valor cap is something else, I vote for it to be removed.
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
The most gruelling rep grind ever as far as I know

Not really a rep grind but grinding mats to open Gates of AQ on a lowpop server?

Thats a burnout.

Yeah, there was that too. Everyone doing lots of work, but only a few reaping the rewards.
Edited by Thalbard on 08/11/2012 20:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

A valor cap is something else, I vote for it to be removed.

Yeah but whats the point if you cant spend it without mindless grind?
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The way I see it, Blizzard emphasized on the whole daily quests idea because not everyone liked doing dailies. Now, I can see why they would do that, but why am I being forcefully gated into doing it as well? You don't add choice by removing original options, you're simply replacing them. That, to me, is one of my only pet peeves with MoP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]