Tired of players complaining about putting in effort!

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't mind doing dailies, only got three Pandarian factions to go until I've got all of them exalted. Gearing isn't all that important to me either, Though I've been collecting the Rep pieces (Saving up for the Shado Pan headpiece atm).

I'll likely not see much of the raid content, as I'm in more of a social guild that a raiding one. The LFR is handy to see what the raids are like though (Never understood why people moan about LFR players getting loot, I've not seen anything yet except more piles of gold. The really rare epics that do drop for people are really not that big a deal).

All in all, I'm enjoying this expansion. Even for those of us who don't do raids all the time, we still get a nice false sense of accomplishment.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I complain because it is boring and LACKS any sort of effort. Go figure.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman

And im tire of players who dont know what word "effort" means.

No bloody rare achivment
No frostbitten achivment
No Could We Find More Like That? achivment

Afking in-game with NPC-scan or SilverDragon on is effort?
Fishing, the way it levels now, is effort?

I'll give you the Battlemaster though.
Edited by Deece on 06/11/2012 09:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/11/2012 00:34Posted by Laniala

By "we", do you mean the "competitive players"?

Yes.

Ah, so you're trolling.

Good to know.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 02:02Posted by Orlen
effort...i just can not call dailies effort...boring mundane tragic yes but fun and entertaining...no i've never called them that in 4-5 years.

Have you tried the Cloud Serpent race? That was fun (at least for me).

Also, when I was getting all the way to Exalted with the Klaxxi, I enjoyed the mechanic of the buffs Seek and Destroy (which you can get at Revered after freeing Hisek) and Unstable Serum, which is particularly useful to clear large groups of adds.

The dailies at The Temple of the White Tiger (The tournament that Xuen organizes there) are also quick and fun.

Yes, they don't require a massive effort. But what would be the fun of a game if everything required some kind of monumental effort to push through.

Also, I find this mount a good reason to get Shado-Pan to exalted: Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Also, I find this mount a good reason to get Shado-Pan to exalted: Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent

I find these rewards more awesome
Reins of the Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger
Reins of the Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger
Reins of the Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger

Now we just need to get rid of that god-awful flying mount feature and I would use those 3 all the time :-)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/11/2012 10:15Posted by Draztal
Have you tried the Cloud Serpent race? That was fun (at least for me).
Visually impaired here combined with not the best pc in the world forced me to download an addon to even see the markers.

Also, when I was getting all the way to Exalted with the Klaxxi, I enjoyed the mechanic of the buffs Seek and Destroy (which you can get at Revered after freeing Hisek) and Unstable Serum, which is particularly useful to clear large groups of adds.
Getting outnumbered 10 to 1 by alliance make this an excercize in patience. Combined with the weird buff proc it's even worse since, well, zerggank.

The dailies at The Temple of the White Tiger (The tournament that Xuen organizes there) are also quick and fun.

10 alliance ganking on the bridge while trying to run the flame was especially fun. The GM's not being able to do anything even though it's griefing was even more of an eye opener.

Yes, they don't require a massive effort. But what would be the fun of a game if everything required some kind of monumental effort to push through.
If it was challenging I'd agree, but it's not. It's all too simple making it a matter of time, not effort. Aimed at something other then developing the skills you so eloquently account to progress in that other thread. Exercise in patience.

It's very pretty.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Good to see that the Blue totally ignores the poster's point.

He said they are a chore, he didn't ask for bigger rewards.

P.S. I did all but 1 reps and only bought 3-4 mounts. Pandaria rep mounts are butt ugly... except the goats.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I think most of the complaining comes from the fact that we were spoiled a bit in cata. No longer able to sit in a queue in SW/Org and spam dungeons for all the exalted rep rewards. This new expansion will be a bit of a culture shock for those players who started in cata (and even to some extent wrath as we could get rep from tabards also). Even those of us who always looked back at TBC with the nostalgic rose-tinted glasses probably wouldnt fancy the crazy long grinds we had back in those days, and I think the new expansion has hit the balance perfectly.
To progress in the game doesnt require grinding rep at all, I was at 470 ilvl without purchasing a single valor piece, and havent even touched normal raids yet (dont know if we have enough alliance players on balnazzar for a 10-man anymore lol) and dailies were always designed to be done for that "extra" reward which obviously requires that "extra" effort.
Really enjoying this expansion and looking forward to the war with the horde escalating in future patches!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
chore (chôr, chr)n.

1. A routine or minor duty or task.
2. chores Daily or routine domestic tasks, especially a farmer's routine morning and evening tasks, such as feeding livestock.
3. An unpleasant or burdensome task.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
06/11/2012 10:25Posted by Billexus
I think most of the complaining comes from the fact that we were spoiled a bit in cata.

Quite honestly, I have to say that I agree.

I've been playing this game since TBC just came out, and I have to say that the "grind" that people are complaining about is almost laughable in comparison to what we often had back in TBC. And according to the Vanilla veterans, TBC wasn't even bad at all! Cataclysm and late WOTLK brought in some nice features, but back then, the game basically dished out gear and rep to us on a silver platter.

We've gotten so used to stuff like this, that it was a bit of a shock that the game took a drastic turn as it has. Kneejerk reactions obviously are a result.

Come one year from now, I think there will probably be a lot less complaining regarding the way things work as more people are getting used to the idea of dailies and such being a significant (yet still optional) part of the game, given that the content they provide is still fresh and new. Cataclysm was very disappointing not because of its gameplay, but because of the lack of content it had, and how fast that content was consumed.
Edited by Danellos on 06/11/2012 10:55 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I get my fun from gearing up all my alts, ended cata with only 2 not 85 and 378+ item lvl (thank you cata love you lots xxxx) was hoping to end Mists with 11 90's, will do so, but im guessing they wont be fully geared.

While I don't see the current system as anything other than an effort in patience, I am definatly not looking forward to grinding lotus to revered 11 times even with 50/100% buff.

Dailies are definatly mandatory given that all the fun stuff, transmog/mounts etc, are exalted. to say there not is silly, while you definatly don't have to do them every day as the reps will be in game till WoW ends, try putting a jar of sweets infront of a child and say they can only have 1 day, its basic psychology.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
I don't understand the obsession self-proclaimed 'casuals' have with doing everything the game has to offer; it really doesn't matter if you miss a week or two of valor points when your guild is ranked #2000 or do you really care if you're ranked 2100th instead of 2000th? If the answer is yes, then I suggest investing the time you would normally invest in daily quests and similar, into researching class mechanics and improving your game-play instead because it would probably be a more efficient way of improving rankings.

Skipping LFR and missing out on one or two 476 pieces doesn't matter either, there is absolutely no one forcing you to do everything there is on a daily or weekly basis. You won't be a special snowflake for doing these grinds and the advantages for doing them are minimal. If special snowflake status is what you desire, you're going to have to do better than valor gear and either join a top guild, RBG group or arena team.

Just please, stop using the argument that in order to remain competitive you are forced to do the grinds. Competitive guilds are the top 50 or perhaps 100, and clear most of the content with little of the valor gear. That's competitive, not grinding gear designed for casual players who won't replace it until the next tier which you intend to use to heavily out-gear current content with the excuse of keeping your #2000 or whatever guild 'competitive'.

Not that there is anything wrong with a #2000 or #5000 guild, but the moment you pretend that you are forced to do all these things I cannot help but laugh because chances are, there are about a thousand guilds higher ranked than yours with players who aren't even trying to be competitive, yet somehow, are ahead of you.

There was a blue post in the 'Wah! LFR!' thread that made an analogy with professional footballers vs sunday league footballers which I thought was pretty apt. The truth is that Messi is a better footballer than me but it's not because Barcelona employ a sports psychologist and similarly, world first guilds are better than me as well but it's not because of LFR or VP gear*.

*It's the Galleon loot I tells ya! It's the only thing that's stopping me from being da greatest!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Imo the best player should be the most rewarded player. Obviously you will have to invest some time but in general I think that the guy or girl walking around in the best gear should be among the best players. Just effort should get you no further than mounts, titles and transmog gear. @OP Congrats, you now appear to be better than a !@#$-ton of mages who know this game better than you do.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Dailies don't require effort.
Dailies require time.

That's quite a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/11/2012 10:57Posted by Drapes
Dailies are definatly mandatory given that all the fun stuff, transmog/mounts etc, are exalted. to say there not is silly, while you definatly don't have to do them every day as the reps will be in game till WoW ends, try putting a jar of sweets infront of a child and say they can only have 1 day, its basic psychology.

You only have to do the dailies if you want the mounts, VP gear, transmog stuff etc.

The if in above sentence means it not mandatory, per defenition, since you have an option.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/11/2012 02:02Posted by Orlen
effort...i just can not call dailies effort...boring mundane tragic yes but fun and entertaining...no i've never called them that in 4-5 years.

This, and thousand times this. I would also add that one additional thing I dislike about the dailies in Pandaria is the setting; I am unable to explain it 100% precisely, but there was something in Isle of Quel'Danas that made the place lively and fun to do quests in. What about Golden Lotus dailies? Small map, pretty villages, lakes and rivers, but something's amiss. Probably the long respawn rates on the mobs for which the competition is the fierce, I think.

Klaxxi dailies? Oh dear god. Dark sky, dark ground, everything's damned DARK. I want to have positive and constructive emotions while playing a game -- these dailies are not achieving that goal. Whoever wants dark gothic setting, please, by all means, go play the games that are devoted specifically to that. I believe such settings have no place in WoW for daily activities.

About some game mechanics -- I think it's about time to do away with the mob tagging system already. A quest mob has 393k HP. You arrive at a spot and notice it at 40%, smacked by somebody else. You jump in and help kill it. If you did at least 20% damage to that mob, or healed the fighting player for 15-20% of his HP, your kill quest progresses (or you are eligible for quest loot item on that mob). Either that, or maybe do some mini-phases where players can quest non-bothered by people whose only purpose in the game seems to be to tag every mob in sight and then spam /lol at you.

06/11/2012 02:12Posted by Nepz
Quite frankly I'd rather have too much to do than not enough, as was the case throughout Cataclysm when I had barely any reason to log my main. It's my main for a reason, I want to be able to progress on it whether it's with raiding or reputation or anything else.

This is a fair point and I respect it -- and mostly share it, too. I believe though that most of us who dislike the dailies don't want gear handed to us, as some posters here imply; I think that they dislike the connection between dailies (which are mundane, boring, develop no skills and don't require any thought, which makes them nothing more than a time-sink) and end-game PvE gear progression. I know THIS is what I dislike about them the most.

When the dailies had no tie to end-game PvE gear progression, I knew I could do them only if I had a stroke of impatience about a reputation or transmog piece. Now, and having in mind I want to contribute to my raid group, yes, I do feel "mandated" to run them and I feel I am "falling behind" if I skip them -- no, not because the guild requires anything from me, but because I want to contribute to our progress. Yes, I am not in an edge PvE guild and still want to squeeze maximum PvE pre-raid gear. And no, it's not because I want to bump our place "from 21000th to 20000th". It's because I am conscious person and want to help the team.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I work 8h a day. I have a steady gf. I do stuff with my family. I have real life problems (serious ones).I am the definition of CASUAL.

And still i find time to log in and enjoy the game. The current state of the game is really enjoyable in that you always have something to do and have a sense of progression.

I am happy i get to see the inside of a raid,to explore the new continent,get new gear and cool new mounts. If you invest time,you get things. It's that simple. The more time you spent doing something the more you get out of it. That's how real life goes. That's how the world is built.

I am the definition of casual and i'm happy with things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]