Tired of players complaining about putting in effort!

90 Pandaren Monk
[quote]

But oh, that would negate the idea of gating content so your game will 'seem' to last longer. Yes, this expansion you've been really creative with holding back content.
- semi-required dailies (i'll not get into that over here)
- dailies locked behind dailies ... really? If you didn't think dailies would be required, why would you do this and not just let us choose wich dailies we do
- a new loot system that :
*discourages gearing for an off spec by simply not giving offspec items
*Can give less loot than the old system because we don't know what has dropped
- a rather silly system to keep raids locked for a certain period of time, instead of just letting them have the same ilvl. 'because players burn themselfs out' was the excuse i believe ... thanks mommy, making my own decisions is hard
- this is still speculation, but i'm betting this'll prove right: releasing the same amount of content in a given time, but spread out over patches.
- some jibberish about not getting certain mounts for no apparent reason

edit: i also just figured out the mount you get from the achievement Glory of the Pandaria Hero is a cloud serpent. yay for that, a cloud serpent that you can't use if you don't grind that rep ...

And the TLPD equiv requires Cloud serpent riding.

Also, you forgot gating new content with limited number of invites...to create a community (1. you cant create communities, 2. communities need people...).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So, what should be changed on dailies so that they're fun to you? (and please don't say "remove them" or something that would turn them into something irrelevant, or we'd be missing the point of the question!)

Just as an example, all the factions on Mists have rotating dailies (some of them are set, like the profession dailies for the Order of the Cloud Serpent and some of the Golden Lotus daily quests) and there's variety on them regarding what you do, which is not always kill this, gather that.

I absolutely have no qualms with doing repetitive tasks for longer periods of time NONE AT ALL! so lets that straight first. however my biggest gripe is having to do repetitive tasks on a forced 24 hour CD with no way to influence your own speed or planning.

so per definition I will never like dailies period there's no way at all to make them more fun more engaging. having said that I dont want them removed people that like dailies are free to do so. power to them.

I just want an alternative in getting reputation that's all. I dont want it to go faster . I dont want it to become more easy. I just want an alternative that's it nothing more nothing less.

you as in blizzard stated you wanted people out in the world more so that's why you put in dailies. please tell me how 30m-1h of activity in a zone makes it so that more people are out in the world? a 30 minute activity a day doesn't make the world more lively or more vibrant. it has the complete opposite effect the moment the new patch comes out people just rush to the new hub and the other zones will be desolated for the remainder of the expansion. maybe for the few selected that spend 30 mins a day to get working on there profession recipe or vanity items.

Right now this expansion is having the opposite effect on me I an idling more then ever or not even logging in for more then 1-2 hours most of the days.
I went from almost 7years of 6 month recurring subscription to a what will be a sporadic 1 month playtime sub. Right now I dont see a point in subbing keeping a sub for more then 3-6 months at a time knowing ill be gone through what you call content in barely a month any way.

To get people out in the world the only solution is not to restrict people in progress (or their feeling of character progress) there where always people farming wintersaber rep or fulborg rep I still see people farming netherwing rep or skyguard rep even. However I never see any people at the tournament grounds or in molten front. Isn't that like a gigantic clue when you see one?

The only way to seriously get people out in the world is to make it so that people want to be out there after they have leveled and done there dailies (if they feel like it) and not give them the feeling after they are done with the dailies "oh well got my rep for today cant progress any further lets head back to city x or my farm and queue for raid,dungeon, bg etc"

just add a tiny bit of rep to the faction specific mobs (aka blackprince rep), add relics scattered around pandaria and as a small chance drop to mobs (aka netherwing eggs and the tiller soil method) so they can get rep in an alternative way besides doing a chore set of dailies.
Add a tiny bit of rep back to the faction specific dungeons just as back in tbc NOT THE TABARD WAY! (normals give rep till honored and HC give rep till exalted)

Or go the commendation way I suggested a couple of pages back.

- dailies locked behind dailies ... really? If you didn't think dailies would be required, why would you do this and not just let us choose winch dailies we do

that's pretty retarded idd.
you know what was even more lol worthy? I hit exalted after the first shadowpan daily after the reset. so I started looking for the exalted quest (the one that gives you the black serpent)

Guess what I had to finish the whole daily hub before the quest even popped up so yes in essence I was forced to do dailies that day even if I dint need to (seeing I hit exalted) on top of that I had 3-4 days of the Bug isle dailies (most horrid shadopan hub imo) lets say I raged a lot that evening.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's only Thursday, and I am already essentially done for the week.

I can't enter HoF LFR because I am ONE point short on the item level.

I have a few valor points, could get up to 1250 and purchase a ring to fix my average IF it wasn't required for me to be honored with GL to do so.

I have a leatherworker with maximum skill and a good amount of Spirits. I could craft the 476 chest or gloves to meet the item level requirement IF the patterns weren't tied to GL reputation that this leatherworker doesn't have. Can't just give the spirits to somebody who does. Don't see myself spending THOUSANDS on an item from the AH that I could craft myself if it wasn't for those idiotic rep requirements.

So...

Can't upgrade from running dungeons. All slots are 463 or better already. The VP are useless since I can't spend them on the item I need. With that, there is simply no point in even bothering.

I've done MV LFR. Won't get any more loot from there before next week's reset.

Only hope for this week is a Sha group and actually getting some loot from there.

So I'll just idle around until I got my shot at Sha loot. If I don't get anything, I simply have no reason to even touch this toon before next Wednesday.

Even if I was to give in and start GL daily crap on this toon as well, I wouldn't reach the required standing before next week anyway.

And frankly, finding myself in this situation is seriously killing my motivation to do anything in this game at all.
Reply Quote
People don't enjoy dailies any more because the factions who're dealing them out aren't interesting (they've been conjured up out of nowhere); raids and heroic dungeons are so incredibly accessible from the moment you hit the cap that everything deemed 'below' that in the traditional sense (when the route used to be dailies/dungeons -> heroics -> raids) seems like a waste of time considering the time involved and also due to the fact that little thought seems to have actually been put into them this time.

Blizzard need to look back and see what people enjoyed, or what they would enjoy. The Isle of Quel'Danas was arguably the least painful series of dailies and yet there's been nothing thus far that's emulated it's style of collective progression; steady advancement and well-integrated instances.

Further it seems that the grind's been stretched out to such an extent that it's a hidden effort to artificially extend the content's lifetime. Given that the size of Blizzard's development team isn't an issue, there doesn't seem to have been a real effort to give the quests any level of depth or variability, when in reality they might easily have implemented a system that saw players progress through some sort of story or help enact some sort of noticeable change as their contribution to the factions' efforts increased.

At the moment it seems like some normal quests that we might well have done at any other point in the expansion but with the added feature of having to do them over and over and over for gear that we might as well get elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
15/11/2012 14:33Posted by Krukke
People don't enjoy dailies any more because the factions who're dealing them out aren't interesting (they've been conjured up out of nowhere); raids and heroic dungeons are so incredibly accessible from the moment you hit the cap that everything deemed 'below' that in the traditional sense (when the route used to be dailies/dungeons -> heroics -> raids) seems like a waste of time considering the time involved and also due to the fact that little thought seems to have actually been put into them this time.

There are some strong indicators that point towards actual content being scrapped very much at the last minute.

There are no level 90 normal dungeons this time. However, they were apparently about to be there, if you only look at the dungeon quests and their rewards. I mean what's the point in being rewarded level 440 items in a dungeon that you can only access in heroic mode at level 90, and that drops 463 loot. Even the quest rewards from Dread Waste are 10 levels higher. Apparently resources were needed to get caught up on the raids, so normal dungeons were scrapped.

At the moment it seems like some normal quests that we might well have done at any other point in the expansion but with the added feature of having to do them over and over and over for gear that we might as well get elsewhere.

Yes, very much so. You go and do your leveling quests in Kun Lai and later Townlong steppes and in the process get introduced to and involved with the Shado Pan. You start gaining reputation with them, actually damn close to the point where you could actually access the VP items.
Then you hit the artificial brick wall. All of a sudden you can't access anything Shado Pan anymore unless and until you got through several weeks of doing Lotus stuff. Even if you decided for yourself that you really liked those dudes and what they're up to and wouldn't mind doing those dailies now and then, you simply can't do it until you did Lotus.

I don't think any of those "grinds" and all the gating have originally been intended.

I think what it really comes down to is that some project manager at Blizzard truly screwed up and that the release was rushed. Subscriptions rapidly declining with everyone being fed up with Cataclysm, the GW2 realease just around the corner, and plenty of contracts already made with the big distributors like Amazon and whoever else...

I mean come on. This expansion had more beta testers than any other before, thanks to being lured in via the Annual Pass. Yet it was totally littered with bugs, to the point where you couldn't even set foot into Jade Forest or found yourself stuck because quests didn't work at all.

They release raids that are just as bugged and off balance, so badly that they need hotfixed right away. And those issues are so obvious that you really start wondering if anybody had EVER set foot into those before they were released.

We're being held back and put through this because Blizzard has been trying to give the teams working on 5.1 and 5.2 more time to straighten out their messes. I'd just truly appreciate it, if instead of telling us all this crap about reputations being meaningful and whatever else, they'd just come out with the truth about why all the gating has been put into place.

It's convenience on their end, nothing else. It can be easily calculated how long a player will need before being "done" with a faction and crying for more. And there just happens to be a new faction in 5.1....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I can't enter HoF LFR because I am ONE point short on the item level.

I have a few valor points, could get up to 1250 and purchase a ring to fix my average IF it wasn't required for me to be honored with GL to do so.

I have a leatherworker with maximum skill and a good amount of Spirits. I could craft the 476 chest or gloves to meet the item level requirement IF the patterns weren't tied to GL reputation that this leatherworker doesn't have. Can't just give the spirits to somebody who does. Don't see myself spending THOUSANDS on an item from the AH that I could craft myself if it wasn't for those idiotic rep requirements.

I had this problem on my lock. The easy way around it is to just buy crafted 476 gloves or body and not equip them. After you've done the raid you'll put them back up at AH. You might even make profit from it, I made a few 100 gold profit when I put the cloth gloves back up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]