Tired of players complaining about putting in effort!

8 Blood Elf Priest
Wrong. My neck and second Ring are from Klaxxi and Golden lotus exalted. They are essentially free epics which saved me 2500 valor points which i could spend on other stuff.

Both of them are FAR FAR better itemized than MSV normal items so they are quite mandatory.

Next time try to inform yourself before you spout out "casual" nonsense.

You're still wrong. You don't "need" them. You "need" air, food, water.

You "want" them, which means you're taking the option to get them. They're "mandatory" because of your personal/guild objectives, not because if you don't get them you will die. You will survive regardless of your actions. Therefore, you're doing them because you want to, not because you have to.
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Druid
Damm guys , its a game ;
If you do not like the stuff going on just press the unsubscribe button .
Its like a voting system if you like the game keep playing(paying) if not just go byebye .
If enough vote the byebye way they will change their "feel" about things rather fast you will see .
As for me the game is like 50/50 , i still log to do stuff with my guild but like alot of us i also got sooo tyred of the most boooring game concept they are selling now . If it wasnt for the guys i played with for 6 years i would prob spend all my time in GW2 . Its a personal choice .
And dont get confused its a game , play it dont work it ;-) .
Edited by Pukkie on 06/11/2012 12:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/11/2012 11:29Posted by Monkylord

You only have to do the dailies if you want the mounts, VP gear, transmog stuff etc.

The if in above sentence means it not mandatory, per defenition, since you have an option.

Wrong. My neck and second Ring are from Klaxxi and Golden lotus exalted. They are essentially free epics which saved me 2500 valor points which i could spend on other stuff.

Both of them are FAR FAR better itemized than MSV normal items so they are quite mandatory.

Next time try to inform yourself before you spout out "casual" nonsense.

Try to learn english. And try to understand the meaning of the words you are using, the true meaning. Or atleast learn how to google. I honestly think it's hillarious in these kind of threads, with people like you that make themselves look more and more stupid the more they post. When in reality, you don't even know the meaning of the words you are using. And then start raging and try to insult people when they simply point out the flaws in your so called logic. You and your kind amuse me.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
It happens in most MMO's. I played another one for 5 years and got tired of players practically saying that logging in was all they were prepared to do in the way of effort. If something was hard, they wanted it nerfed rather than, (god forbid), actually think of a way to combat it. The result was that so many whiners got so much of the game nerfed that it became almost unplayable. You'd spend all that time training for it and saving up the in game money to buy what you wanted, only to have it nerfed into uselessness from under you. Too many good players quit because of that and now, it's just a kiddies game instead of the serious game for more mature players that it used to be when I first started.

What cracks me up more is that they still slate WOW as an easy game for kids. The normal saying on their forums to whiners is; "go back to WOW." I guess a few of you know what game I'm talking about. Still the devs listen too often to the whiners and they are still swinging the nerf bat way too often.
Edited by Tiarama on 06/11/2012 12:16 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
Agree with you on LFR but not on dailys. LFR takes like 1.5 hours max even with randoms, maybe you unlucky sometimes and it takes longer. Thats 1.5 hours a week and you have chance of epics, very nice and hardly not super much of an effort.
Dailys on the other hand can take 1 hour or more on populated servers, and you have to do them every day. Kinda big different, and super boring design. Rep tabards and dailys would been the best solution, do little of everything(maybe include pvp that gives rep too). Especially since the cap is 1000 a week, you cant take out all the gear anyway so have to wait.
Obivously you dont have to do dailys everyday, im playing casual and im done with dailys since they are so damn boring. But i understand people that raid much want to do them, and it must be really damn annoying doing all of them every day.
So many dailys that mop have is simple NOT the best solution, if your goal is that have fun when you log in. Weekly dailys maybe, but not everyday come on!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You go girl. Its friggin hillarious too see all these "next gen" gamers cravin' epix for nothing.. that's what it is.. epix for nothing.

And its not like its HARD to get epics now adays.. it hasent been since .. well, tbc.. you can do some 5mans, some quests involved killing badgers and putting out fires to get epics, you can craft them, you can buy them off the ah.. heck, you can play some hours / week and still get upgrades in the form of shiny purple ones.. and still the whine.. "buhu, all this grind is mandatory :(" well newsflash.. it AINT, for a normal raiding guild its not, you dont need the klaxxi exalted ring to clear normal mode, the enrage timer is a lie. What you do need, is people that dont suck.. and that's nothing blizzard can give your guild via rep or heroics!

/vent
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest

You're still wrong. You don't "need" them. You "need" air, food, water.

You "want" them, which means you're taking the option to get them. They're "mandatory" because of your personal/guild objectives, not because if you don't get them you will die. You will survive regardless of your actions. Therefore, you're doing them because you want to, not because you have to.

There is a right way of doing things and there is wrong way of doing things. The right way makes dailies, arena, crafting and LFR mandatory. Only a huge scrub would miss out on such items.

Would your guild really have fallen behind in the super-serious race for world 5178 if you only had a 489 MSV neck rather than your Golden Lotus one? I doubt it.

You choose to be in a guild that wants to push as hard as it can; good for you but you take that and the attendant requirements for all non-raiding activity [that you presume this imposes] on yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/11/2012 10:19Posted by Laniala
If you want to be a COMPETITIVE raiding guild, then you will do everything to get the best out of your character.

This. No more discussion is required.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
hmm should i open a thread now complaining about ppl who complain about ppl complaining?

wtf o0

if there is some folks out there who think the expansion is !@#$boring and hate the way their loved game is tweaked to %^-*.. well so be it.

what i actually hate more than the overwhelming amount of content after afking for a year is the hillaroius bugs that made it in to the live version.
Edited by Nyassa on 06/11/2012 13:22 GMT
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Priest
06/11/2012 11:58Posted by Monkylord
There is a right way of doing things and there is wrong way of doing things. The right way makes dailies, arena, crafting and LFR mandatory. Only a huge scrub would miss out on such items.

So the actual problem is, not that LFR is mandatory, because it isn't. Neither are dailies... the actual problem is you don't want to be called a scrub by your social circle. That is not Blizzard's problem or fault, that's your own situation that you yourself have put yourself in.

Your options are;

- Suck it up and deal with it by farming all of this optional content
- Change your situation by removing yourself from it

Whining about peer pressure you're receiving and placing blame on somebody else is neither productive or correct in this instance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/11/2012 11:19Posted by Ravinne
Dailies are definatly mandatory given that all the fun stuff, transmog/mounts etc, are exalted. to say there not is silly, while you definatly don't have to do them every day as the reps will be in game till WoW ends, try putting a jar of sweets infront of a child and say they can only have 1 day, its basic psychology.

You only have to do the dailies if you want the mounts, VP gear, transmog stuff etc.

The if in above sentence means it not mandatory, per defenition, since you have an option.

And the option is? not alot, most thing so far are opened by dailies not alot of people are going to want to sit happy with full 463 and a crap load of valour with nothing to spend it on are they?

Also if I only want to get shado-pan mounts/transmog I have NO other option but to go through Golden Lotus, a rep I may or may not have any interest in doing, which makes Golden Lotus mandatory since I have NO other option to get the mounts other than getting revered.
Reply Quote
98 Draenei Monk
I think that the Klaxxi style should be looked into using again in future daily hubs. I particularly love the combination of Raining blood and Speed King - it's heaps of fun to fight hordes of mantid with these buffs. Generally this hub is awesome - I only hate a couple of quests total out of those dozens. (Kovok <.<)

On the topic at hand, while I don't subscribe to the generally /sigh definitions of casual and hardcore/competitive, I do agree that if you are going all in to be the best in a game like wow, you're going to end up doing more than just logging in at raid time for your heroic clear. It's funny, because the effort is also way less now than it was just to raid at all at the beginning. Not saying that's a bad thing personally, but it's funny. Anyone else remember Noxxion runs? <.<

That said.... counting down the days on my shado-pan rep. I want EVERYTHING. :D
Edited by Seruuna on 06/11/2012 13:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Second that, stop whining!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
06/11/2012 13:24Posted by Drapes

And the option is? not alot, most thing so far are opened by dailies not alot of people are going to want to sit happy with full 463 and a crap load of valour with nothing to spend it on are they?

Also if I only want to get shado-pan mounts/transmog I have NO other option but to go through Golden Lotus, a rep I may or may not have any interest in doing, which makes Golden Lotus mandatory since I have NO other option to get the mounts other than getting revered.

You are missing the whole point. The option is ofcourse to not get the mounts, gear etc from x faction. This is how it works.

You see this mount that requires you to be exalted with shado-pan in order to buy. You evaluate how much time and effort it takes for you to grind first golden lotus and the shado-pan, in order to get the mount you want. Now you know aprox how much effort it will take you to grind til you get your reward. That's when you have to make the desiscion (option) whether you think the mount is worth the grinding or not. If you think the mount (or whatever it is you want) is worth the effort, then you will make an active choice to start grinding for it. If you simply don't think it's worth it, you will make an active choice to not grind for it. It can't be much easier than that. Point still stands, it's completely optional.
Reply Quote
You see this mount that requires you to be exalted with shado-pan in order to buy. You evaluate how much time and effort it takes for you to grind first golden lotus and the shado-pan, in order to get the mount you want. Now you know aprox how much effort it will take you to grind til you get your reward. That's when you have to make the desiscion (option) whether you think the mount is worth the grinding or not. If you think the mount (or whatever it is you want) is worth the effort, then you will make an active choice to start grinding for it. If you simply don't think it's worth it, you will make an active choice to not grind for it. It can't be much easier than that. Point still stands, it's completely optional.

Also keep in mind that all the gear (in case you want to save VP for off-spec gear, for example) is available at Revered. The only thing you'd be missing in most cases from not continuing all the way to Exalted is vanity items (and a couple epic rewards, neck and ring, from The Klaxxi and Golden Lotus factions).
Reply Quote
58 Human Death Knight
Got to say loving the Klaxxi quests and its no effort because I am enjoying it.

effort = reward.. reward in my case = enjoyment.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
also played since vanilla.

and i hate dailies....they are boring and why on earth am i going to bore myself on a game i pay monthly for??? I'm not fussed about competitive raiding, God bless LFR i can see the content whilst relaxing and enjoying myself.

Crafting? nah i find that boring as well.

to summise I can see why people complain, cause those aspects of the game are crap but you have to do them if you want to be competitive, you can have it easy and be the best ;)
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
06/11/2012 13:24Posted by Drapes

So you just want to be able to buy it without the rep grind? Then you'd be whining that there's nothing to do in the game.

Why is gear and mounts that's so easy to get that practically everyone has it so important anyway? Surely you'd be more inclined to do stuff where drops are rarer, that way, what you get from it is not so common. Rep gear and mounts is not exactly "hey, look at me" type material and quite honestly, you can get gear that's just as good (stats wise) from professions, only the mounts are more difficult to get. However, when I see every player and their dog running around on a supercharged turtle, it doesn't exactly fill me with awe about the mount so why should I want to grind the rep for it? Same goes with flying mounts from rep too. I'd much prefer something that few other players have if I'm going to have to grind for it.
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
05/11/2012 10:19Posted by Laniala
If you don't like this or it feels like a "chore", then stop doing that but accept you're not cut out of the right wood to be a 'competitive' player. Competitive equals a lot of effort, something you are not willing to put in the game.

I really don't give a rat's !@# if you think I'm a "competitive" player or not.

I play WoW to raid against challenging bosses, meaning heroic modes, with a group of similarly skilled players.

But because I refuse to do dailes, since I absolutely totally friggin hate them, I can not spend valor points, I have less chance for loot, in short, I'm screwed. So I don't even bother with instances in MoP. The only reason I haven't cancelled my sub yet is because I use infinite mailbox storage.

So why am I not allowed to complain? Your entire argument falls apart for people who don't care about what you think "competitive" means.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]