Garalon Changes - Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic

Community
We’ve recently hotfixed the Raid Finder version of Garalon, reducing both his health and Furious Swipe damage. In addition, and also exclusive to the Raid Finder version of this encounter, Garalon's Crush ability now has a cooldown, and we’ve corrected an issue with his aggro radius to prevent players from drawing aggro until a player has entered a ring.

With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix, which should take effect after realms are restarted, that will cause these abilities to do normal damage to the body while continuing to do double damage to the legs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Good job so far on raid content by the way, especially LFR, requires at least a little thought unlike when first implemented.
Just wanted to say im quite happy with PVE content atm, even if pvp is in a sorry state.
Reply Quote
- CS
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/11/2012 12:18Posted by Nakatoir
Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended. We are currently implementing a hotfix

Aw, well it was still hard anyway with those abilities on =(
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
When was this hotfixed? I'm pretty sure that these changes were already hotfixed yesterday, but still didn't manage to find a group that killed Garalon, just wipe after wipe after wipe, players leaving the group and having to wait for new ones only to leave after the next wipe.

Spending 3+ hours in total trying to kill an LFR boss is surely not intended.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Why don't you nerf the hp on normal mode aswell given that u just nerfed the cleave from the rogues by 100%?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Garalon LFR damage taken for 3 different kills on different days (should be slightly higher than his total health):

Wednesday: 7.11.12: 349151869 (349M)
Saturday: 10.11.12: 349142528 (349M)
Sunday: 11.11.12: 349004245 (349M)

Based on that, it wasn't hotfixed in Europe before today. No wonder it felt about the same for all three kills.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The main issue I'm seeing in LFR isn't actually the !@# stomp. It's Pheremone's stacking too high and becoming unhealable due to players either not knowing what to do or people simply messing it up.

Might be fine after people realise what needs to be done, but as it stands I'm not sure if the coordination required (little as it is) is too much for 25 cats. it seems a massive step up from the other bosses in HoF LFR, who could arguably be made a bit harder.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Please do not alter heroic encounters that have already been killed by multiple guilds in the middle of a week in the future.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am sick of getting 2/6 in the RAID FINDER on this Raid!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not that it was hard even without this hotfix...but ok
Reply Quote
98 Draenei Priest
BiS
Problem with LFR Garalon was not in his hp or furious swipe. Problems are:
1. Almost every group has 1-3 mentally handicapped persons who say they know tacs, ask no question, but still stand under the boss.
2. Kiting failures, because even if kiters are chosen before pull some headless chicken takes debuff and dies somewhere in the corner, putting crap all over the room before.

Solution?
Crash triggered by standing under boss should insta-kill one who stood there, but do no harm to others.
Debuff should have limits on stacks, so 1-2 competent people can handle kiting without interference. Or make special button for passing the debuff to closest person. LFR Garajal already have completely different mechanics to pass into spirit realm comparing with normal, so why not make something different again?

Dragon Soul LFR freed genie from the bottle, so now typical LFR group always has some afk-deaf-attitude person who wants free epics. And Garalon has raid-wiping mechanics that can be triggered by a single person's failure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Having two people take Pheromones/Pungency already works just fine (hunter/monk):

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cx7e2kshiqlk8eld/spell/123081/?s=2556&e=2974

You just have to convince the rest of the raid that those two players have a plague and no one should go near them under any circumstances.

Here's another log with mostly two hunters doing the kiting:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/hcczh0b6r12m65ze/spell/123081/?s=3231&e=3599

Now if you want to make it easier, you'll make a special button that takes the debuff from a nearby player (sort of like taunting). That should prevent people from accidentally carrying the debuff all over the place.
Reply Quote
4 Dwarf Shaman
How about nerfing his HP and increasing enrage timer to compensate? The boss almost non killable in current state on normal mode by most of guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
When was this hotfixed? I'm pretty sure that these changes were already hotfixed yesterday, but still didn't manage to find a group that killed Garalon, just wipe after wipe after wipe, players leaving the group and having to wait for new ones only to leave after the next wipe.

Spending 3+ hours in total trying to kill an LFR boss is surely not intended.
It was hotfixed at the weekend sometime. Generally, hotfixes on weekends are announced on the Monday.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for the LFR change, although I feel some more tweaks might be helpful. :)

A boss really isn't tuned to be pugged when a single person can so easily cause the entire group to wipe.
Reply Quote
43 Troll Hunter
I wiped at Garalon.
Edited by Raolgarohk on 13/11/2012 00:11 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Still dying 1 minute into the fight while being AWAY from the boss, with no debuffs and I don't even touch the orange and purple stuff. I don't even know what's going on since most people leave after the wipe and new ones join, no chance of communication whatsoever. Please tune this boss properly for LFR standards, if I had the time and patience to raid I wouldn't be doing LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/11/2012 12:27Posted by Yusei
Just wanted to say im quite happy with PVE content atm, even if pvp is in a sorry state.

same here, i think hof is good enough, i enjoyed the encounter and i liked it better than mgv
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
12/11/2012 13:14Posted by Ryune
The main issue I'm seeing in LFR isn't actually the !@# stomp.

The main issue I'm seeing in LFR isn't the stomp.

main issue I'm seeing in LFR

main issue

LFR

There we go.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Wipe 1 - tanks hadnt read tactics
Wipe 2 - people didnt attack legs
Wipe 3 - too many pheremones/raid damage
Wipe 4 - Idiotic LFR hunter didn't come in to fight boss, boss fixated on him, we all died
Wipe 5 - people standing in yellow and pheremones

My opinion of this boss was not specific abilities, more that it just isn't all that PuG friendly like the rest of LFR. It requires people to be not stupid, and I think that is asking a lot of this community.

When you present 8 bosses where you can stand in all the bad stuff, and to move out of it is just a dps loss, it's hard for them to change their mindset when you suddenly throw in something where they have to move.
Edited by Vickii on 13/11/2012 09:09 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]