Arena Exploitation and Win Trading ~ Updated

Community
UPDATE: November 19

Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts and characters, including:

• Arena team deletion
  • Character MMR reset to 1500
  • All Conquest gear removed
  • Conquest earned tally reset, as well as all Honor and Conquest points removed.
  • All Arena achievements earned since the beginning of Mists of Pandaria removed.
  • 3 day suspension

In addition to the measures already discussed, as a result of the rating inflation that occurred due to the exploitative activity, all Team Ratings and MMR above 2200 will be reset to 2200 during the upcoming maintenance.

Please note: Conquest Point caps should not be affected by this reset. Point Caps will return to the appropriate levels relative to rating the following week.

In addition, as of this posting, these penalties have not yet been applied. In the meantime, we have implemented a hotfix to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future.
Edited by Nakatoir on 20/11/2012 09:02 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Good, and please remove achivments they gained while exploiting, becouse i will feel like a retard trying to get my achivments in an fair way, while others took a free ride becouse of your mistakes!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
You are joking right? Not only are the arena ladders completely bogus, the mmr of legit teams got infected as well since they met exploiting teams. Yet alone that the whole rbg ranking is flawed on top of that. A whole bunch of the people got T2 weapons/gear advantage while they don't deserve it whatsoever.

There are also the players who disbanded their teams, but who still have a crazy high mmr obtained through exploiting the system.

Therefore a complete MMR reset is what's needed, for both rbgs and arena teams (which will stop all the rbg boosting services as a nice bonus). People in glad range will still be in glad range when they have to start over, if not (due to warrior/bm for example) then they don't deserve it anyway.
Edited by Zengâ on 14/11/2012 01:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
13/11/2012 18:04Posted by Katriedna
some

Half of all PVPer I know have or are doing it right now. And for us who don't are just sitting here watching and praying. Honeslty do they deserve:
T2? No.
Any ashivs? NO.
MMR? NO.
Rankings? NO.
Any elite gear? NO.
Do they deserve penalty for abusing this game? YES!!!!! please, eaven if you remove t2 for example their cap has already been higher and will get 15700 season earned quicker.

Just reset MMR, Reset teams and !@#$ them upp. Admit you made a huge failure and now you will correct your misstakes and punish the abusers.

EDIT: You don't monitor gameplay. You are reading forums and like: " Ahhhhhhhhh" " Oooooops" then you delete the topics and create a thread like this.
Edited by Saphirian on 13/11/2012 18:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It is not enough just to remove their team and give them a 72 hour ban for this, You need to remove all earned pvp achievements for those of the retards who decided to do this. Also delete the teams and achivements for those who que at nights to face such teams whos doing this, since they didnt play a single fair game they just que and win free. I know ppl who got 600+ rating in one night just by doing this.
Its against blizzards rulebook to cheat in any form.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If Blizzard recognize it as "exploitative activities", shouldn't these people at LEAST recieve a temporary ban + lose all they gained through these activities?

Tbh, I can't see any problem in perma banning these people, seeing as it was so obviously against the rules.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Hah, sorry for my pessimism but 3 day ban on few unlucky souls that did it too obviously is not really going to scare anyone.

Reason this exploits (and botting for that matter) got so widespread is your lack of real punishment, even if you get yourself perma banned (highly unlikely) it's still possible to get your account back fairly easily.

Just wait till next exploit goes public and they do it again. Scare tactics does not work anymore, there is a public perception you can get away with just about anything by claiming ignorance, change it.
Edited by Insa on 13/11/2012 18:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts.

As Zengâ said, you seem to be joking with this post. MMR and rating of legit players got infected because of this, sadly there is no such option as "Disable queue vs win traders".

And what punishment it will be? 72 hours ban? That's nothing. Life-time ban, you knew what you were doing, you were doing it on purpose, you had to find how to do it, you knew it's against the rules, yet you kept doing it, in my opinion such behavior deserves life-time ban, same as speedhackers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
REMOVE EVERYTHING FROM THESE PLAYERS AND BANN THEM FOR LIFE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You are joking right? Not only are the arena ladders completely bogus, the mmr of legit teams got infected as well since they met exploiting teams. Yet alone that the whole rbg ranking is flawed on top of that. A whole bunch of the people got T2 weapons/gear advantage while they don't deserve it whatsoever.

Complete MMR reset is what's needed for both rbgs and arena teams, which will stop all the rbg boosting services as a nice bonus. People in glad range will still be in glad range when they have to start over, if not (due to warrior/bm for example) then they dont deserve it anyway.

This sums it up perfectly. Please read Arena Junkie posts, Blizz.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
13/11/2012 18:12Posted by Healls
Good, and please remove achivments they gained while exploiting, becouse i will feel like a retard trying to get my achivments in an fair way, while others took a free ride becouse of your mistakes!

Haha, screw removing their stuff. Ban them. They deserve nothing less.

Good on you Blizzard. It's nice to see you've begun to care.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Almost every ladder is broken..
Check out my pool (One of the most active and competetive EU)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/blutdurst/3v3 - First 3 Teams exploit and many others are doing it
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/blutdurst/5v5 - First 6 Teams exploit and many others are doing it

So you want to ban 30-50% of all pvp players ?

Reset MMR and Ratings.. that is the only possible solution.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It is not enough just to remove their team and give them a 72 hour ban for this, You need to remove all earned pvp achievements for those of the retards who decided to do this. Also delete the teams and achivements for those who que at nights to face such teams whos doing this, since they didnt play a single fair game they just que and win free. I know ppl who got 600+ rating in one night just by doing this.
Its against blizzards rulebook to cheat in any form.

i agree 100%, a simple few days ban is not fair for the rest of the comunity that are going fair for their achivments, just remove all of their pvp achivments they earnd in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
If blizzard doesnt reset all ratings+mmr gz for those who farmed mmr abusers to 3k and got free r1
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
They need to wipe away their ratings, achievements and CP gear. But don't ban them, let it sting.
Reply Quote
70 Undead Priest
remove gears achievements from these cheaters
and give them unchangeable title wintrader/cheater so we can /spit them, this is worst than a useless ban for 3 days
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
They said like that in previous seasons,if i remember right in season 9.70% of the abussers got their title removed/achievs removed,but still 30% of them had got their titles+achievs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
13/11/2012 18:47Posted by Rilanciownz
They said like that in previous seasons,if i remember right in season 9.70% of the abussers got their title removed/achievs removed,but still 30% of them had got their titles+achievs.

this
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us

You failed that years ago.

Literally years ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]