So old raids are now easily soloable and require just 1

97 Undead Rogue
What the hell? It's not enough that with a new expansion old raid dungeons become less of a challenge, now Blizzard nerfs them for easier soloing?!
Man, they are so FUBAR! They're doing the same lame crap in accelerated speed now.

have you even raided?

some raids have mechanics that make it IMPOSSIBLE to solo no matter gear/class/level for example the first boss in BWL is impossible to solo. there is no point making a level 60 raid impossible to solo. some raids should be difficult no matter what, but not impossible.

First of all, these raids werent implemented with the thought: ''Oh, people might want to solo this later, lets make it so that this will be as easily possible as can be''

Second, Razorgore, C'thun and the Reliquary, all bosses that were though to be 'impossible' to solo, are now soloable with certain tactics. So im sure that in time, people will figure out ways to beat the other impossible bosses.

Now on topic, the no longer needing a group to enter a raid is, i think, the greatest thing to happen to WOW since Karazhan. It annoyed me so so much, all the more cause it served absolutely no purpose. All i can say is: finally

On the other part, nerfing it would, for me, utterly destroy the reasons i try to solo raids. After i find a way to solo them, sure, i farm the bosses for transmog gear. But before that, its the thrill of finally beating a boss you spent weeks trying to kill. Removing that just to cater to the cry babies who dont want to put any sort of effort in acquiring old transmog gear. Its quite frankly disgusting.......don't call yourself a solo raider if your one of the people advocating this change, your just a gear hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I think these are good changes. But the solo entry thingy isn't completely new, you've been able to enter MC solo for several months already. I've done that a lot with my main last spring and summer, to cap my hydraxian rep.

MC also had a weird issue, though, not sure if that's changed since MoP was relased - if you entered while within a party (regular party, not raid), each menber would enter a private instance, completely alone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

have you even raided?

some raids have mechanics that make it IMPOSSIBLE to solo no matter gear/class/level for example the first boss in BWL is impossible to solo. there is no point making a level 60 raid impossible to solo. some raids should be difficult no matter what, but not impossible.

First of all, these raids werent implemented with the thought: ''Oh, people might want to solo this later, lets make it so that this will be as easily possible as can be''

Second, Razorgore, C'thun and the Reliquary, all bosses that were though to be 'impossible' to solo, are now soloable with certain tactics. So im sure that in time, people will figure out ways to beat the other impossible bosses.

Possible to solo by abusing specific class mechanics does not mean its actually possible, tho.

I dont mind if a fight is much harder because i decided to do the place on say, a class with no healing, and poor armor. But getting screwed over just because you dont have the class mechanic to glitch the encounter is a bit meh.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
This is great news:)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
17/11/2012 23:01Posted by Felanias
I dont mind if a fight is much harder because i decided to do the place on say, a class with no healing, and poor armor. But getting screwed over just because you dont have the class mechanic to glitch the encounter is a bit meh.
Reply Quote
42 Undead Priest
14/11/2012 22:04Posted by Ketsu
Can't say I don't like the change, but won't this change pretty much kill off vanilla guilds? I mean, they can still do the raids, but what's the point if it's too easy.

It probably was too easy already, with the new talents/skills etc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
17/11/2012 15:07Posted by Mijua
Anyone have any idea if this will effect Reliquary of Souls in Black Temple in any way? (Spirit Shock... /roar)

...SO..FRUSTRATING =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
people are misreading the text. they're not changing the encounters, what they mean is by outleveling them they're easy to solo.
Edited by Navlelo on 18/11/2012 01:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
18/11/2012 01:34Posted by Navlelo
people are misreading the text. they're not changing the encounters, what they mean is by outleveling them they're easy to solo.

Nope. YOU are wrong.

From the 5.1 PTR patch notes:

"Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7540458

If this was only about outleveling, the underlined part wouldn't be mentioned at all. We've already outleveled them, 5.1 won't change that at all. This IS indeed about encounters, there's no doubt about that at all.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
It's great news that we can enter older raids alone, and having some bosses be less frustrating is always nice.
Reply Quote
Blizz don't want people doing old raids seriously i.e. vanilla guilds or TBC guilds or whatever.. they want everybody to be playing MoP. This is why they've made the change to requirements to enter a raid instance, and also why they've nerfed old raid boss encounters.. to kill off these vanilla/tbc/wrath guilds. If that means MoP players can have fun killing previously unkillable (mostly) bosses, then that's the sacrifice Blizz seem to be willing to make. I like this, as I love soloing old content.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
thats a very good change Blizzard! If you people seek challenge there is plenty of it on the new raids...let casuals go back and make some nice looking sets..also I doubt any of these raids are challenge for blood dk's and paladins...but some of them, like first boss in bwl, first boss in BT and also reliquary of souls in BT are gating the old content for people seeking another gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I guess most bosses just get dmg tuned down.

It will get more interesting with "unique" abilities than made soloing certain bosses downright impossible or at least VERY hard - chess event in Karazhan, Kalecgos in Sunwell, Naj'entus in Black Temple, etc.
Those will need a larger revamp - we've already heard that Naj'entus' shield is getting nerfed by quite a lot to get to "soloable" state. Kalecgos is not that hard to "fix" either - just remove the immortality bug when noone is left fighting Kalec (aka it will port you down to the demon even if you are alone in the raid).

I'm happy as hell, because that means I can solo every older raid for transmo (since noone from my guild is interested in it except me). I just hope ppl won't start QQing again that old raid mounts will become "less rare" and "way easier to obtain" by this change. But as I know them, they WILL do that anyway, so..
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Hi im an 80 twink prot pala with 390 ilvl with MOP gear, I can solo all bosses in ICC besides Dreamwalker, waddup?
Reply Quote
97 Undead Rogue

Possible to solo by abusing specific class mechanics does not mean its actually possible, tho.

Class mechanics? Lets look at that.

Razorgore: Engineering
C'thun: Kiting Ouro
Reliquary: Time your cd's(and im a friggin Rogue, i dont have a pet or anything, so those spirit shocks are constantly spammed and cant be resisted)

And nowadays, every class has either self healing or a pet. The only class that doesnt have either is the Mage, and mages never were a soloing class. Even Warriors can solo stuff.
Reply Quote
whats these Elementals that mages have then?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
17/11/2012 03:51Posted by Ihategoblins

I can solo that boss... No problem ;)
Reply Quote
97 Undead Rogue
19/11/2012 15:09Posted by Phalhunt
whats these Elementals that mages have then?

Something that dies in like 5 hits.

In no way can it be compared to a Warlock or Hunter pet, both in damage output and tanking capability.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Some bosses still tricky so is not 100% nerfed if ya like your brain dont worry you can still use it =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Channel spell have been nerfed so is not take long to destroy the eggs, but u must find a good order to destroy them anyway,
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]