Spectator mode in Arena?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok look.. If spectators would be allowed, one spectator whos a friend would be on voip telling the team what the other team is doing, like "chaos bolt inc" hex, polymorph, the priest is drinking. and so on. So it would need to be a random team you get to see as a spectator and, a delay in what you see. But still, wouldnt it be cool if the arenas was full of spectators when you're down there fighting for your life? :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply Quote
If spectators would be allowed, one spectator whos a friend would be on voip telling the team what the other team is doing, like "chaos bolt inc" hex, polymorph, the priest is drinking. and so on.

Thats an easy fix! Add delay to the spectation, like 30 sec-1min
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Already exists, called disc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Ok look.. If spectators would be allowed, one spectator whos a friend would be on voip telling the team what the other team is doing, like "chaos bolt inc" hex, polymorph, the priest is drinking. and so on. So it would need to be a random team you get to see as a spectator and, a delay in what you see. But still, wouldnt it be cool if the arenas was full of spectators when you're down there fighting for your life? :D

This is not the point tho'. At least it's not what I associate with a spectator mode.
Having a spectator mode in rated matches doesn't make sense. It's like having spectator mode in ladder games in SC2.
The idea with a spectator mode in WoW, just as in SC2, is that is should be available to custom games, or so-called "Skirmish matches" in World of Warcraft.
Only people who arrange specific matches between specific teams would be able to add chosen spectators to the match if they wish to do so (in Arenas as well as Battlegrounds).

Any type of "rated match spectator mode" is out of the question... for the very reason that you mention in your post.

17/11/2012 12:52Posted by Zulfur
Thats an easy fix! Add delay to the spectation, like 30 sec-1min

... Even with a delay, it still just doesn't make sense.
I will again use SC2 as a reference. If people want to watch someone playing ladder, it will always be PoV on a stream... If they want to watch custom games, they can do so in-game as observers.
The same applies /should apply for WoW. We are already watching people play ranked matches, PoV on a stream. what we're missing is the ability to join custom games (Skirmish matches) as spectators. A feature which will also bring a lot of tournaments for us to watch on streams from Casters' spectator PoVs.
Edited by Titoista on 17/11/2012 15:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
[quote="59388895232"][quote]
You also have to remember that while there are players that want a spectator client, the number that would actually use it regularly or even continue to use after its initial release is quite low. We have to be sure that we continue to deliver on new content for players to consume as well as avoiding taking away from other new and awesome projects that are in the pipeline. I am not going to say that this is something that we will never do, it is just something that we do not have planned as of yet.

Ok fine.

let me just look back over the rationale for brawlers guild limited invites again......and the comments on people watching matches......

You Blues dont talk to each other much do you? because one day you say one thing, the next you use the totally opposite arguement...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
17/11/2012 15:17Posted by Titoista
Any type of "rated match spectator mode" is out of the question... for the very reason that you mention in your post.
I don't get why not. Can't see someone drinking? Can't see someone casting a spell?

Your fault anyways. Stealthed units shouldn't be targetable anyways. If you give us a Spectating mode for the Ladders, cy@ wintraders. That, or give it a even 10 sec delay, that way you won't be able to "cheat" by having someone else spectate there...

How does your logic apply to WoW? "People wont" yeah they will. This is WoW, not SC2. It's two different games. Please don't compare apples(SC2) and oranges(WoW).

I know that a lot of people would do that. Do you know, not everyone has a high spec PC to be able to stream, or connection to be able to stream?

Would you watch something in this quality? http://saaga.biz/matt/goodstream.jpg

I didn't think so either.
Edited by Recycle on 18/11/2012 11:54 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
Spectator doesn't even need to be live, it could just be like SC2 and be replays.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
While I don't have any official news - I talked to Bashiok today in Shanghai and told him about ArenaLive. Will send him a mail once we have a top-notch show-match. So, yes, they are interested in these things and he agreed on the issues I had with the current UI. Need to convince him that 3v3 is actually easy to follow once you have a good UI.

WoW as spectator sport is looking good. Reckful and Vadrak push it forward currently.
https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=420701841318118
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
16/11/2012 14:14Posted by Nakatoir
there are also many readily available streams,

Couldn't Blizzard at least help us out a bit then and maybe put up a stream page on battle.net?

I know other games even have stream links in their game launcher and I think that could be something Blizzard could do without to much hassle.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]