after days of camping, sandstorm in tanaris.but no pets

where are the silithid hatchlings? been looking for a sandstorm for weeks, camped a few days, finally a sandstorm is up but no pets spawned? gg bugs....
Edited by Návleló on 19/11/2012 23:53 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Perhaps the sandstorm was just starting, or just ending? They need a little time to spawn.

They also only spawn in a couple of small areas. Somebody could have easily cleaned them out just before you arrived.
Edited by Xiie on 20/11/2012 00:55 GMT
Reply Quote
spoke to a couple people who were hanging around, they hadnt seen any either. so doubt that. from what I read the intial spawn is like the foxes in storm peaks during snow, and they're all over the place, so shouldn't have been the issue :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I happened to be in Tanaris when a sandstorm started, great I thought.
Waited, camped moved around between the two areas for 2 hours during the sandstorm, but no pets spawning. Others that was there aswell agreed on the patheticness. Not wonder why wow is losing subscribers when the game isnt fully working when launched, or atleast 99% working. We want to battle our pets, not wait for a *pffft* spawn.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
proper bull!@#$, same thing happened again today... jesus
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
aaaand again... seriously, this is bloody annoying. guess it's a good thing qiraji guardling is months away so they have time to fix these stupid bugs.
Reply Quote
97 Tauren Druid
Start killing other kinds of battle pets in the region when that happens. You'll trigger zone-wide respawns, which should also include Silthids.

You can even kill them manually if you're in a hurry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's not gauranteed that the pets will spawn during a sandstorm. If there's a a sandstorm, it doesn't mean that they are actually spawning. Quite RNG really.

I was lucky that I found two silithid hatchlings during a sandstorm, haven't seen another one ever since.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yup Another confirmation ...

Sandstorm has bein in effect for 45min now ... not a single hatcling ...

Seriously work this out Blizz ... Im getting pissed off enough with minifernal and scourge whelping ... really dont need this to add to my frustration.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Same for me - I have an alt camped there - log in, sandstorm, no silithid hatchlings.

I have another alt parked in Ice Crown for a scourged whelpling - logged on at midnight, 1am, 5am, during the day - nothing. I thought getting a minfernal was bad but did manage to get one by a miracle.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Oh, these elusive creatures! Do they really exist? Might they not be tales of lore, fabrications of the imagination? Everyone knows someone who had a grandfather who once ventured upon one of these, but... who in this generation have seen it for themselves? And weren't your grandparents simply boasting?

Not for no reason do they only appear in a sandstorm. The storm covers them, providing them with safe haven. Lucky is the adventurer that spots one!

:P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
When i first went and saw a Sandstorm (2 weeks or so ago) there were literally endless Hatchlings. Went there today, Sandstorm started, been going for 10-15mins now and nothing. So it looks like it still might be bugged out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]