Where do i spend my Valor points?

I have 3k Valor points on my second char. I went to buy some gear and guess what all items are red! I simply REFUSE to do those stupid dailies on my second char cause i got sick of em already on my main.
So tell me blizzard why i have to be valor capped and unable to buy anything ? Why do you even give valor points to me if i cant sped them ? Whats the story behind this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yh having the same problem aswell...cant buy anything other than the klaxxi neck without grinding the stupid ammount of rep in this game..

and JP i wish there was something to trade in 4k JP for like 100 vp or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
18/11/2012 00:34Posted by Аериал
So tell me blizzard why i have to be valor capped and unable to buy anything ?

You don't have to be capped. You got yourself capped knowing full well that you couldn't buy anything with them on that character.

Pretty sure that you can get the neck from Klaxxi though, as if you quested in Dread Wastes (which you should have) when leveling, then you reach honoured very easily.
Reply Quote
I was leveling a second character. Rested bonus makes miracles.
Its just blizz says we are not forced to do dailies. The whole Valor point situation tells me they are wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have exactly the same issues as the OP, and I will NEVER do those quests again and again on every single char, not that I even bothered doing it on my main char.
It seems they expect the majority of wow players being unemployed holding tons of time in their hands.
I wonder if this will backfire loosing some more subscriptions.

The "valor" game design is pretty badly implemented - as you said. Its like a salesman telling "Hey I'd accept euros, but unfortunately not from everyone and since we're not friends I can't give you that"

So what could be a constructive suggestion, to having this topic not turning into a QQ?
Tabards to gain reputations in dungeons were just great - also just like sharing pets account wide, shared reputation could be brought up.
Edited by Daenna on 18/11/2012 07:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If you don't want to do the dailys, then don't.
NO, just because they are there, it doesn't meen you're forced to use them.
You can progress all the way up through normal dungeouns -> heroic dungeouns -> normal raids -> heroic raids without ever using a single justice or valor point!

And yes, the whole design with a currency awarded from doing 5-man instances is and was a bad idea from the start. Just let EACH instance give rep with a specefic faction, with a cap at Revered in normals thus need heroics to get to exalted. Then let us buy the odd one or two pieces with gold. Ilvl 460 at revered & ilivl 476 at exalted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If you don't want to do the dailys, then don't.
NO, just because they are there, it doesn't meen you're forced to use them.
You can progress all the way up through normal dungeouns -> heroic dungeouns -> normal raids -> heroic raids without ever using a single justice or valor point!

And yes, the whole design with a currency awarded from doing 5-man instances is and was a bad idea from the start. Just let EACH instance give rep with a specefic faction, with a cap at Revered in normals thus need heroics to get to exalted. Then let us buy the odd one or two pieces with gold. Ilvl 460 at revered & ilivl 476 at exalted.
Then why do dungeons and raids reward you with valor points while you have to do a completely different part of the game to use them?

I, just like the OP, will never do ANY dailies again on my alts. I can't even find the will to finish the remaining reps on this character (luckily for me I only have vanity crap left).

The double rep on alts will not help one. single. bit. The problem is not the time it takes to reach revered/exalted, it's the freaking dailies themselves! Every faction should have a BoA tabard on exalted that functions exactly like a Cata dungeon rep tabard. That's what should've been done.

What was Blizzard thinking? My alts will never be able to buy VP gear or profession recipes thanks to this crap game design. Doing this all once already is a chore. No way in hell that I'm going to do it a second time.
Edited by Elviryn on 18/11/2012 10:05 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Its just blizz says we are not forced to do dailies. The whole Valor point situation tells me they are wrong.

Except you don't absolutely need valor items. Get HC geared, get LFR geared, raid. Valor is an optional extra currency.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid
I have 3k Valor points on my second char. I went to buy some gear and guess what all items are red! I simply REFUSE to do those stupid dailies on my second char cause i got sick of em already on my main.
So tell me blizzard why i have to be valor capped and unable to buy anything ? Why do you even give valor points to me if i cant sped them ? Whats the story behind this?

I agree, having to gain rep just to spend valor sucks a lot.
Especially considering how awful the rep grind is.
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid

Every faction should have a BoA tabard on exalted that functions exactly like a Cata dungeon rep tabard. That's what should've been done.

What was Blizzard thinking? My alts will never be able to buy VP gear or profession recipes thanks to this crap game design. Doing this all once already is a chore. No way in hell that I'm going to do it a second time.

Couldn't agree more.
Way to screw an otherwise quite enjoyable expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Then why do dungeons and raids reward you with valor points while you have to do a completely different part of the game to use them?

I, just like the OP, will never do ANY dailies again on my alts. I can't even find the will to finish the remaining reps on this character (luckily for me I only have vanity crap left).

The double rep on alts will not help one. single. bit. The problem is not the time it takes to reach revered/exalted, it's the freaking dailies themselves! Every faction should have a BoA tabard on exalted that functions exactly like a Cata dungeon rep tabard. That's what should've been done.

If you reed my post again, you will see that imo they shouldn't reward you with any points at all. Fixing bad gamedesign by adding more bad gamedesign isn't the smart path to take ;)

Secondly, the whole system with wearing tabards to gain rep sucks. It just doean't make any sense. "Hey, I put on a piece of cloth with your symbol on it, while killing random dudes, and you will like me for it". At least the system from TBC makes a little sense, since you're were killing the people said faction had been fighting for ages.

Regarding recipies requiring rep, i'm all for that, since it requires you to actualy play a character to be able to make the endgame stuff. -same with the Spirits being BoP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
18/11/2012 11:35Posted by Ciríc
If you reed my post again, you will see that imo they shouldn't reward you with any points at all. Fixing bad gamedesign by adding more bad gamedesign isn't the smart path to take ;)
No, dailies shouldn't reward any points at all. VP belongs to dungeons and raids and VP gear should not be gated by rep grinds that have nothing to do with doing dungeons and raids.

Secondly, the whole system with wearing tabards to gain rep sucks. It just doean't make any sense. "Hey, I put on a piece of cloth with your symbol on it, while killing random dudes, and you will like me for it". At least the system from TBC makes a little sense, since you're were killing the people said faction had been fighting for ages.
Of course it makes sense, you're championing faction X. And seriously, I could name a hundred things that make even less sense lore and realism wise.

Regarding recipies requiring rep, i'm all for that, since it requires you to actualy play a character to be able to make the endgame stuff. -same with the Spirits being BoP.
The first time grinding all this rep is not that bad (it's still bad gamedesign), but having to do it all over again on your second character and then all alts past that is RIDICULOUS.
Edited by Elviryn on 18/11/2012 13:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Valor points doesn't belong to dungeouns, if anything it belongs to raids. And please show me where i have said that valor points being giving from dailys is a good idea ;)
...all i have said, is that they should be REMOVED alltogether.

On the rep thing:
So with your logic, Blizz shouldn't change things with little or no sense, just because there're things in the game wich make even less sense O.o

Again, if you actualy reed my post, you will see that i'm not saying that the daily's is a good design, i'm saying that you should get rep the same way, (or close to it), as you did in TBC. That way, you won't be able to just speed level your alts to max level, and then get acces to the endgame stuff. It has nothing do with gating, but it lessens the availability of the endgame enchants & crafted gear. Another solution, wich i'm even more of fan of, if the drops from normal raids. But then you will keep them out of reach from the ones who can't commit to fixed raiding schedule.
Edited by Ciríc on 18/11/2012 13:46 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Same. Ive abandoned my alt pretty much, because Im not going to do those stupid dailies again. Its bad enough that I have to continue doing them on my main after exalted for bonus loot coins.
Reply Quote
50 Human Warrior
Grind, grind, grind, grind. Much easier than designing new dungs/raids, I suppose?
Edited by Ray on 18/11/2012 15:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
18/11/2012 13:45Posted by Ciríc
Again, if you actualy reed my post
I could've sworn you post said something entirely different.

Read it again and yes, I agree with that.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Just afk again in org/sw because nobody will take you to raid without having enough valor gear grinded. After all, you're not forced to do dailies just as much as you're not forced to play at all.

Best. Design. Ever.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Except you don't absolutely need valor items. Get HC geared, get LFR geared, raid. Valor is an optional extra currency.

I did this with my second character and after 3 weeks it did not have enough items to get into HoF raid finder. If you don't do the dailies to get rep to purchase valor items then progressing an alt is severely gimped.

Your options are to
a) Get lucky in raid finder
b) Spend a lot of money on BoE's
c) Give feedback here and hope that Blizzard will realise its a frustrating and crap system.

The dailies are !@#$.

Also, valor is not an "option extra" currency. It's been an intergral part of the progression path for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Have 2x alt with capped Vp.
Afwull thing is that 1 of them i clearly have as an healer .

I mean ok i dont have any problem to have no progress at all with alt's since after all are alt's.
But in order to do some alt run's aswell having simply Fun playing with them .I believe something must do. With golden lotus in order to get honored with my shaman ...i must spend like 10 days.. and spending more time since i simply dislike something else rather than playing as a healer.

Already me aswell many people are burned with dayilies. Hope to see some updates.
Reply Quote
3 Human Mage
I sympathise with the OP.

I stomached it the first time around but I have given up on playing alts. I will ding them to 90 and get their two main professions to 600 and then park them in an inn until the next expansion.

Can't face doing it all again even with the incoming rep boost for alts.

Sure I could just do Raid Finder and not worry about VP gear but my luck on drops tends to be poor so I fear I'd soon find myself banned from future raids due to not having the ilevel. I mean I'd have no lucky coins as a result of not doing the dailies as well...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]