8th Anniversary - "Get out there and defend..."

38 Human Rogue
Edit edit edit so people get it:

I'm not griping about the gift at all (Never gotten one for an Anniversary, never cared); I'm griping about the recycled letter than came with it and the incompetence from Blizzards behalf, especially when they have been in the negative limelight for bad customer service and their "Don't care" lazy attitude for a while now. You'd think these things would be looked into more.

Although the gift is pretty crap, aint going to lie it's horrible. lol

- - - -

Wow, yet another year has gone by for WoW!

We wanted to thank you again for continuing to play World of Warcraft with us. With the return of a certain very large dragon. This has been a rough year for the world of Azeroth. On the other hand, that means heroes like you are needed more than ever!

Get out there and defend a shattered world!

The WoW Dev Team.

What?

Edit: This is mostly about the lack of effort and gratitude presented from Blizzard. We help keep Blizzard and World of Warcraft alive along with all the jobs they have. We at least deserve a genuine thank you. Not a copy-paste from last year and maybe a little bit more thought put into it. Even if it's something as small as: "Hope you all Enjoy MoP! Happy 8th!"

Respect for those keeping your game alive and your wages coming in each month doesn't hurt anyone, especially for something such as typing out a little letter, it requires minimal effort.

( >‿‿◕ )/` On the plus note. The GM I spoke to today, Arthothorick was damn lovely.
Edited by Slapdagger on 18/11/2012 22:35 GMT
90 Worgen Rogue
Its WoWs birthday, not yours. You shouldnt have expected anything in the first place.
38 Human Rogue
17/11/2012 23:08Posted by Kretias
Its WoWs birthday, not yours. You shouldnt have expected anything in the first place.

At least an up-dated thank you letter would of been appreciated for all the money I've put into the damn game and some genuine gratitude. Not last years Anniversary letter.

Smh!
Edited by Slapdagger on 17/11/2012 23:12 GMT
90 Worgen Rogue
17/11/2012 23:09Posted by Slapdagger

At least an up-dated thank you letter would of been appreciated for all the money I've put into the damn game.

Smh!

The mail still fits. The world still suffers because of the cataclysm caused by the return of a very large dargon certain dragon.

For the money part: Your own problem. You pay to get acess to the servers and nothing else. If you want stuff because you payed money (most likely less then TONS of other people here) go quit and play a F2P game where money means everything.
20 Troll Druid
It's the worgen rogue defending something stupid again aaarhrgh
38 Human Rogue
17/11/2012 23:24Posted by Vomax

+1, lol.
90 Tauren Hunter
i didnt even read the letter tbh :P

didnt expect anything either since they said we'd get something on major anniversarys
90 Gnome Mage
Wow Wouldnt have a birthday if it didnt have paying fans.
I would like something that is not copy-pasted.
38 Human Rogue
17/11/2012 23:31Posted by Niosa
I would like something that is not copy-pasted.

This.

It's not even the gift so much, it's that it's a copy/pasted letter which is really grinding my gears.

As someone said earlier, they wouldn't have a Birthday if it wasn't for their fans, and that is absolutely disgusting of them!
I think they at least could bother with making a new letter. Its the WoW community _including_ players' 8 year anniversary.
90 Night Elf Druid
yup, copypasta fail
38 Human Rogue
17/11/2012 23:34Posted by Peaches
I think they at least could bother with making a new letter. Its the WoW community _including_ players' 8 year anniversary.

+1
90 Worgen Rogue

The mail still fits. The world still suffers because of the cataclysm caused by the return of a very large dargon certain dragon.

For the money part: Your own problem. You pay to get acess to the servers and nothing else. If you want stuff because you payed money (most likely less then TONS of other people here) go quit and play a F2P game where money means everything.

How is your nose holding out son?

Pointless try to get me offended. I never said anything that made me arrogant. I never said i paid more then you, since i dont know. But considering there are still people in this game from day 1 that would make tons that paid more then you.

17/11/2012 23:24Posted by Vomax

Its someone that complains about people that havent learned how pointless it is to QQ about a anniversary that doesnt gives a big reward. Blizzard doesnt needs to do that in the first place. People were flamed on the forums for expecting such things last year already.
90 Draenei Shaman
This buggers me aswell tbh. Noticed it directly when i read the letter. They could at least have put 5 minutes in writing a new letter. I understand the lore part that the world is still somewhat shattered, but they could have written like "We hope you enjoy the mysteries in Pandaria!" or something :)

Also my bf reacted on that the gift you get isn't really a gift for us lvl 90s since we don't get any reputations from killing mobs. :c
90 Troll Hunter
Not entirely true, we do get reputation from killing mobs, just not rep with the lvl 90 factions (unless you count the legendary quest to gain rep with the black prince). That being said, it was a poor gift indeed, and even more disappointing that the letter was a copy of last years. I don't expect WoW to give me anything else then the game I pay for, but when Blizzard themselves choose to create an event around the anniversary they could perhaps put a little more energy into it...
90 Gnome Mage
Happy 7th Anniversary!
90 Worgen Rogue

Pointless try to get me offended. I never said anything that made me arrogant. I never said i paid more then you, since i dont know. But considering there are still people in this game from day 1 that would make tons that paid more then you.

What on Earth are you rambling about?
The main point of this thread is the sheer lack of laziness and gratitude towards the players who have put their money into this game so the developers can keep their jobs and roofs over their heads, as well as keeping the game for everyone to enjoy.

Nothing to do with you being arrogant or how long I've paid/played for.

But one thing is for sure you're not the sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer, are you?

I already gave you an answer for the money part. If you want to be praised for paying your money go and play a F2P games. WoW was always like this. The laziness regarding the copy paste yes ok, it still fits, so they didnt saw a need of changing it. Mostly because its their birthday, not ours. Also, i wont again go into your pointless insults. Too childish to try to insult.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]