Make TBC harder! - Found a solution

(Locked)

70 Night Elf Rogue
!!!Update!!!
Everything have been cleared in TBC now. We still do 'Challenge runs, competition runs and speed runs' (more info on link below). We also recently started doing ICC with a 10man group of 70s. It -is- possible, as a boss now always will be 4 (or 5) levels higher than the character fighting it (hit-rating-wise)- therefor it's easy to get hitcapped. Since we do up to 10k dps, it's like raiding ICC legit in WotLK again (:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6169577281? <-- some ideas to more challenge i came up with (in the TBC raids)

Thanks for the ideas guys!

---- Original post:

I am leading a TBC guild on Argent Dawn. We just cleared SSC as our 4th raid down (kara, gruuls and maggy). We were 22 twinks in the raid group.

The bosses went down in no time.. I didn't even have to explain tacs on half of the bosses.
We had one wipe (the lurker below), but on 2nd attempt, the boss was taken down easily.
The average dps was 5.5k.. NERF!

Blizzard should really consider making the TBC raids a bit harder, so that us twinks still get a bit of challenge (yeah, we still exist!).

I'm sure that some people will reply and say "Why dont you just use Heroic dungeon gear and TBC gems"..
We are currently making a raiding team consisting of twinks who gear up without the boosts. Starting off with heroic and moving on to the raids. (including one of my two ungeared alts). It may get a bit harder, but it doesn't make a big diffrence tbh. The bosses dmg seems to be so low and tactics barely have to be explained cause of this..

Also, if we raid with our BiS twinks, we usually go with like 5 for Karazhan, 10 for gruuls, 12 for Mount Hyjal etc. Still there's no big challenge in it.

So why should Blizzard consider buffing the raids?:
Ante Amanthe got more than 370 twinks, (265 different accounts), and a bit over 50 on other realms. I'm not sure how many twinks there are out there, but the number still seems to be quite high.
It wont be any big project to buff 8 raids, and it wont be of any trouble for the MoP expansion anyway. So just to make atleast 370 more people happy, they should really consider this..

Anyone agree, or is this just me complaining and have to move on?
Edited by Zitalin on 13/05/2013 11:22 BST
70 Night Elf Rogue
We are not sure about how hard the other raids would be with only half the amount of people. We currently only have cleared Kara, Gruuls, Maggy, SSC and MH 3/5 (people had to go - no wipes).

Edit: Wiping on Felmyst once in a while, but that's about it ^^
Edited by Zitalin on 17/02/2013 15:51 GMT
90 Undead Death Knight
Signed, TBC content is waay to easy.
70 Dwarf Warrior
its fun :D
70 Night Elf Rogue
26/11/2012 22:02Posted by Púffsý
its fun :D

*Ahem*
Sincerely Zitalin, 57 dissapointed twinks and 1 who think it is fun.
100 Troll Druid
I don't understand if this is a real request for Blizzard or a show off post saying you guys are are awesome and pwn TBC content.

I checked you armory, you are outgearing the content you mentioned by 1-2 tiers. You have gear from SWP. What do you expect from Gruul or SSC?
70 Night Elf Rogue
I don't understand if this is a real request for Blizzard or a show off post saying you guys are are awesome and pwn TBC content.

I checked you armory, you are outgearing the content you mentioned by 1-2 tiers. You have gear from SWP. What do you expect from Gruul or SSC?

I wanted to see others opinion on this. If blizzard saw the tread, it would just be a bonus
And honestly.. Theres not really much to brag about if theres no challenge in it. If i would brag about anything, it would be that i actually managed to find 22 twinks who wanted to raid SSC...

What i expect is that we actually get a bit of challenge when we run a 10-man raid in Gruuls/maggy with 75% of the group in HC dungeon gear.
Edited by Zitalin on 26/11/2012 22:08 GMT
90 Human Death Knight
Looked at your top ranking players.

Sunwell gear and Wrath epic gems.

Not really surprised that you're finding it easy.

Try raiding Kara in HC gear and T4 gemmed with TBC blue gems and TBC enchants and maybe it'll feel a bit more appropriate?
70 Night Elf Rogue
26/11/2012 21:57Posted by Zitalin
"Why dont you just use Heroic dungeon gear and TBC gems".. Well we are currently making a raiding team consisting of twinks doing so (including one of my two ungeared alts). It may get harder, but it doesn't make a big diffrence tbh. The bosses dmg seems to be so low and tactics barely have to be explained cause of this..

26/11/2012 22:05Posted by Zitalin
What i expect is that we actually get a bit of challenge when we run a 10-man raid in Gruuls/maggy with 75% of the group in HC dungeon gear

The top ranked is my officers. Most of them got an 'offset' fitting for the easier raids.
Edited by Zitalin on 26/11/2012 22:18 GMT
70 Orc Rogue
That's when you start taking as few as possible and see how it'll go. Doing SWP with 10 people is not an unusual thing.

But really, what do you expect with all the talent and spell changes over the past expansion? I soloed Algalon 2 days ago, on my level 80 mage. It's pretty !@#$ed up and all that but it should be expected that talents and spells will change over time.

26/11/2012 22:14Posted by Mallister
Try raiding Kara in HC gear and T4 gemmed with TBC blue gems and TBC enchants and maybe it'll feel a bit more appropriate?

Level 60s in heirlooms do more dps than people did back then.

We actually prepared for a naked Kara run back when this guild was still a twink guild. But we never actually got to try it.
Edited by Ghoyle on 26/11/2012 22:38 GMT
70 Dwarf Warrior
my gear i got on aint my "tbc set" got a set whit only tbc gems and enchants and atm trying to get a group togheter where we only use it so saying we outrank it is fair but some of us are trying to have some fun and make it harder
90 Undead Monk
ye Blizzard work on 5 year old content
70 Night Elf Rogue
Ghoyle made my point pretty clear. Nerf the twinks or buff the raids.

26/11/2012 22:38Posted by Ghoyle
But really, what do you expect with all the talent and spell changes over the past expansion?

I wont just level up a twink character that i've had for so many years. Im crossing my fingers and hoping that blizzard would buff the TBC raids. It's not like it affects the new content anyway, so why not give us twinks some fun?

I know that level 70 twinking is just a minor part of WoW, but it could be nice if they would buff the bosses just a bit.
70 Dwarf Warrior
give it a 20% hp and dmg buff or something like that
70 Night Elf Rogue
26/11/2012 22:52Posted by Púffsý
give it a 20% hp and dmg buff or something like that

If not more
90 Pandaren Monk
26/11/2012 22:46Posted by Nikøla
ye Blizzard work on 5 year old content

Also want this so much!
1 Orc Rogue
I find it interesting that there still are ppl who likes to do old content. However you must realaise the fact that the game will never be balanced for the 5% minority(numbers thrown from my !@#)

I did enjoy the game much more in TBC myself, but somehow i belive i've given up for the evolvement of the game and just try to accept all the changes.

Still don't like the game as it was, but hats off for those who play the old school still.
70 Night Elf Rogue
No! I wont face it! :(

Buffing the raids is not something that would take long for blizzard to do anyway, so why not make the TBC raiders happy? Its a minor project, and it wont have any affect on the MoP expansion.
90 Pandaren Monk
Why would blizzard work on old content, when there is still so much for them to work on in current content?
90 Human Paladin
I am leading a TBC guild on Argent Dawn. We just cleared SSC as our 4th raid down (kara, gruuls and maggy). We were 22 twinks in the raid group.

The bosses went down in no time.. I didn't even have to explain tacs on half of the bosses.
We had one wipe (the lurker below), but on 2nd attempt, the boss was taken down easily.
The average dps was 5.5k.. NERF!

Blizzard should really consider making the TBC raids a bit harder, so that us twinks still get a bit of challenge (yeah, we still exist!).

I'm sure that some people will reply and say "Why dont you just use Heroic dungeon gear and TBC gems".. Well we are currently making a raiding team consisting of twinks doing so (including one of my two ungeared alts). It may get harder, but it doesn't make a big diffrence tbh. The bosses dmg seems to be so low and tactics barely have to be explained cause of this..

Another thing im going to whine about would be the incredible unbalanced PvP in this bracket.. Its almost impossible to take a healer down these days. And rogues?.. lol nps?

Anyone agree, or is this just me complaining and have to move on?

Sincerely Zitalin and 58 other dissapointed twinks :(

Im sorry but LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Twinks, arnt they characters with the best gear for their level, best enchants and everything ?

If so then why are you surprised that your not having much trouble.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]