Make TBC harder! - Found a solution

(Locked)

86 Undead Mage

Try raiding Kara in HC gear and T4 gemmed with TBC blue gems and TBC enchants and maybe it'll feel a bit more appropriate?

Even if they did that the healing mechanics and talents are irrecoverably changed it would never be the challenge that it was.

It's a shame you 'twinked' your characters out - as I'm assuming you got carried through your multiple Sunwell clears with higher levels - doing that at 70 with t6 and level appropriate gems could possibly still be a challenge - but again the healing and class balances now make the whole thing a joke.
70 Night Elf Rogue
As mentioned already, we DO raid with HC geared twinks, but it's hard to find a full team who actually is up for that. God damn it, start reading replies <.<
70 Night Elf Rogue
27/11/2012 00:46Posted by Paladinjelly
Twinks, arnt they characters with the best gear for their level, best enchants and everything ?

By twink i mean people who stick to the bracket of their level. Not those with BiS (atleast not in this case). Suggest any other word to describe us? "Level-70-people"?
70 Orc Rogue
27/11/2012 03:09Posted by Sistersue
It's a shame you 'twinked' your characters out - as I'm assuming you got carried through your multiple Sunwell clears with higher levels - doing that at 70 with t6 and level appropriate gems could possibly still be a challenge - but again the healing and class balances now make the whole thing a joke.

Would probably be a joke. Doing close to 4k dps here on dummies in resi gemmed brutal gear.

I really wanted to attempt that naked Karazhan run...
90 Worgen Druid
Only way they really can make the runs harder is to have a character nerf like in challenge modes, as my green 70 hunter pulls 3k dps, thousand more than the requirement for Bruta.
70 Night Elf Rogue
27/11/2012 08:14Posted by Nuvielle
Only way they really can make the runs harder is to have a character nerf like in challenge modes

That would actually be interesting to try.
90 Orc Warrior
No way in hell they're going to waste man hours on buffing old raids.
Do it with 5-10 players.
Or blizzard could give the bosses 300%hp and 200% dmg.
As mentioned already, we DO raid with HC geared twinks, but it's hard to find a full team who actually is up for that. God damn it, start reading replies <.<

Why would you use a full "team" when you want a challenge?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think I'd be a bit peeved if they wasted any resources buffing old raids that barely anyone goes to (beyond transmog grinding). I'd much rather it was spent on something new at top level, where everyone can benefit.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The thing is, there are so little of you, it probably doesn't pay off to put development time into this.
90 Human Mage
Haven't blizzard just tweaked all old content (lvl60+70 stuff) to make it soloable by level 90 players anyways? I doubt they'd flip flop on that decision any time soon.
90 Pandaren Shaman
> Complain TBC is too easy
> Use Wrath gems and enchants
> Gear from SWP
> Complain Gruul's and Kara is too easy

Logic.
90 Goblin Priest
I would think many more people run old content for transmog than for challenge, actually buffing HP would annoy way more people than it would benefit surely? If it gets to the point where I need to hit a boss twice I would be annoyed :p
90 Night Elf Druid
Simply adding more hp/damage does not offset the fact that characters these days are more versatile and powerful than they were in TBC. Remember that bosses weren't just balanced around numbers, but also what each character was capable of in terms of single vs aoe threat/damage/healing. To make bosses interesting for geared twinks these days would require pretty much a complete overhaul of the mechanics, followed by player testing etc. Which imo is too much time investment for content that so few are actually still interested in.

By the way, average dps 5.5k? Back in TBC the required dps for Brutallus was somewhere around 1.5-2k per person. In SSC most people were still doing under 1k.
Edited by Nyran on 27/11/2012 17:23 GMT
90 Gnome Death Knight
You are raiding SSC in boosted BiS TBC items, and complaining stuff is too easy? Why not start in Karazhan, in blues. If you are going to make 'a TBC guild' actually do it properly.
90 Orc Hunter
End-game TBC items.
WotLK gems / enchants.
MoP healing / damage / tank coefficients.

Hard instances are hard right?

Try looking up the video of the Affi Lock doing 200k+ dps on Saurfang in ICC as an 85 'twink'. Just goes to show how insane the damage coefficients ramp up at lower than level 90.
70 Night Elf Rogue
We are currently making a raiding team consisting of twinks who gear up without the boosts. Starting off with heroic and moving on to the raids. (including one of my two ungeared alts). It may get a bit harder, but it doesn't make a big diffrence tbh. The bosses dmg seems to be so low and tactics barely have to be explained cause of this..

26/11/2012 22:05Posted by Zitalin
What i expect is that we actually get a bit of challenge when we run a 10-man raid in Gruuls/maggy with 75% of the group in HC dungeon gear.

85 Blood Elf Mage
27/11/2012 19:34Posted by Zitalin
We are currently making a raiding team consisting of twinks who gear up without the boosts. Starting off with heroic and moving on to the raids. (including one of my two ungeared alts). It may get a bit harder, but it doesn't make a big diffrence tbh. The bosses dmg seems to be so low and tactics barely have to be explained cause of this..

26/11/2012 22:05Posted by Zitalin
What i expect is that we actually get a bit of challenge when we run a 10-man raid in Gruuls/maggy with 75% of the group in HC dungeon gear.

Then raid in greens/without trinkets/with less players.
70 Night Elf Rogue
I guess we'll have to do that if blizzard wont buff the raids :/
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]