Feedback that matters

90 Pandaren Priest
Dear Blizzard,

Install the old LFR loot system again. I just did all 16 on my 2 alts and got one item on my Druid: The chestpiece I was already wearing.

The old system had its downsides, but the one thing it did better than the current system is rewarding participation by giving players a chance to roll on an item. It's extremely unlikely in the old system that, on 32 bosses (equaling 4 Dragon Soul LFR clears), I would have seen only 1 item pop up that I would be eligible for.
It's the items drop that gives us a surge of hope to requeue every week. The satchels of gold do nothing of that, they are demotivating. Losing a roll is only part of the raiding experience, and doing all of this (the item drop, the roll) in the background is futile. There's a reason people love to gamble: It's all about the thrill of getting something, maybe winning maybe losing, not about the reward itself. The current LFR system is the latter: They only show you what you won.

They were already looking into that. Going back to the old system is just not happening. It was awefull.
Reply Quote
Community
There are plenty of threads on this topic.
Even if (and I doubt this) none of them have people in them who actually canceled
accounts because they didn't like the dailies then the OP could still have posted in those saying something like: Yeah, I don't like dailies either, I canceled 3 of my accounts because of it.

Yes, agreed. But regardless, we try to gather feedback from everywhere, despite the fact we repeatedly ask people to keep it to one thread so it's less likely to be missed.

My comment was mainly to point out posting just to tell someone their thread is useless, and then arguing about it, is not helpful at all. If anything, it's just bumping the thread even further, which in turn has given it more visibility than it would have received otherwise.

Considering there are now some well-presented thoughts and comments here, we're happy to let it run.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
20/11/2012 22:49Posted by Schmonz

Whats stopping you from doing that now?

People have become lazy since WOTLK.

If i want to gain reputation, i have to chose repetition.

I am not lazy, believe me. I would go hours on battlegrounds to gain rep. I would do daily quests one day in the week to gain rep. I would go lots of dungeons to gain rep.

But i would like to have a choice.

So how is what you just mentioned not repetitive?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
21/11/2012 15:26Posted by Zhyri
So how is what you just mentioned not repetitive?

At least in that manner you could pick your poison. It's marginally better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I personally like daily quests, but I feel tired and a bit bored after almost two months of doing mostly them. Waiting for the 100% rep gain commendation on the next patch. Before that I'm not up to continue for mere 150 rep for each daily from Klaxxi.

Back in woltk I killed mobs that gave 2 rep per one and grinded Steamweedle Cartel to exalted, so I have patience. But my gear didn't depend on this. Now with the valor gear requiring reputation, I think it's a downside. It should only require valor points.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
There are plenty of threads on this topic.
Even if (and I doubt this) none of them have people in them who actually canceled
accounts because they didn't like the dailies then the OP could still have posted in those saying something like: Yeah, I don't like dailies either, I canceled 3 of my accounts because of it.

Yes, agreed. But regardless, we try to gather feedback from everywhere, despite the fact we repeatedly ask people to keep it to one thread so it's less likely to be missed.

My comment was mainly to point out posting just to tell someone their thread is useless, and then arguing about it, is not helpful at all. If anything, it's just bumping the thread even further, which in turn has given it more visibility than it would have received otherwise.

Considering there are now some well-presented thoughts and comments here, we're happy to let it run.

Fair enough.
Reply Quote
47 Pandaren Hunter

Why does everyone on the forums seem to have a hundred accounts?

And why, when one person quits, all their "friends" do as well, along with all their guildies, parents, sibblings and dog?

And why do they actually think Blizzard will read this, think "Oh noes! he actually has 3 accounts quitting" and care?

Yeah...no. I don't believe you have 4 accounts and I doubt Blizzard do..Okay, they would know.

I had 3 accounts. 2 are unsubbed, due to CRZ, I don't mind the dailies, I just don't do them but...

you ask why so many people have multiple accounts? Many of us work and can afford them, our mummies do not pay for them like yours no doubt does judging from the content of your post :) When you get old enough to get a job, if of course you can get one, so much unemployment now for some types of people, you will be able to have more than 1 account too :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
How about more way's asswell to earn some coins.
Its really big insult you need to spend least a day doing dialy's to get rep and some coins.
Why not thru random dungeon ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
21/11/2012 15:08Posted by Forlin
Then go grind mobs in eternal blossoms for those keys and open chests, they drop items that give you reputation. Or you can go grind mobs in the dread wastes for shards that you can turn in for reputation.
Please, it needs to be reasonable. Can I get the 1200 rep that I get from doing dailies in half an hour by grinding dread shards for half an hour? Not even close. And yet I'd rather grind those shards for three hours on end (provided they give the same amount of rep for the same amount of time) than having that nagging feeling of "Balls, I still need to do dailies today or I'll miss out on rep!".

21/11/2012 15:16Posted by Forlin
I agree there could be another way to farm reputation (just not tabards) but what I don't understand is that you go do something in WoW that you dislike and you obviously don't need right away or maybe not at all and then quit and blame it on dailies.
While quitting because of dailies is certainly an overreaction, the complaints aren't any less valid. Why are all nonvanity rewards worth getting gated behind a terrible daily-to-rep system? I thought this expansion was about choice! Nice choice I got in deciding what way I want to get my rep!

I'm all for getting people into the world but doing it by gating every reward worth having (from JP gear to mounts and from profession recipes to VP gear) behind a terrible dailies system where everyone that just cannot bring the will or is unable to the dailies one day loses out on rep, is not the way to do it.

Let me remind you of something, remember that the daily heroic was changed to seven weekly heroics?
Edited by Elviryn on 21/11/2012 17:03 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Personally the issue for me is my lack of time due to real life stuff going on.

I play for 2 hours each day & already know what I'm going to be doing when I log on.. dailies and a few pet battles.

I really wish I didn't feel like the time I spend unwinding from the stresses of the day was already planned out for me with boring repetitive dailies. I haven't even been in any heroics yet as I don't have time. I look at what I am paying for and it's to not have fun any more.

For me the most fun about this game is in the leveling... but once 90 I'm back in the same predicament.

I feel the game is very raid orientated, and while I used to love raiding I just don't have the time. 2 player instances as seen in other games would be amazing.. as I play with my partner.
Edited by Naiyana on 21/11/2012 17:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You people should really stop doing dailies or any other stuff you do not like. I dare you all to do one week where you log on to WoW and do not think about dailies just full stop and dont do them. It will make your game much more fun. Dailies are made to keep you logging and doing them, thats why grind is so annoying but its also addictive to do them that people cannot stop. Blizzard knows this thats why they made them in first place. All that "fun" bull!@#$ they say is just marketing, you dont see Greg Street doing dailies lol, hes counting money.
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Rogue
It's called player versus player. Try it.
Edited by Nexas on 21/11/2012 18:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Excuse me. Considering the topic opener must not had played Classic Vanilla, I believe we should be grateful that at least we have daily quests for reputation grind. Back in TBC and Classic Vanilla you HAD TO KILL THOUSANDS MOBS, LOOT AND COLLECT THEIR REP. stacking item and keep doing this for weeks "unstoppably", if any player wanted to hit Exalted with, say an example, The Consortium or worse, The Argent Dawn.

But yes, having ONLY dailies is kinda boring as well. My suggestion would be to add specific "daily achievements" and get a really, really good Reputation Reward in case we could manage to do them. The "roll on the serpent's spine under 70 secs" achievement could be a good example for that. Say it you have unlimited tries but it's a difficult achievement. It all matters with how skilled you are at it and you get, say it, extra 1000 Rep for that day.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
21/11/2012 18:26Posted by Nexas
It's called player versus player. Try it.

I did. It's pretty broken in this game, not fun at all really. Unless I'm drunk out of my mind and don't care whether the game is well-made or not as long as it's pretty.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Blizz did a good job with this expansion, I like it the way it is, you actually need to move your !@#$ing !@#$ to earn something not just standing still in org and queing for everything.
Edited by Incineratus on 21/11/2012 20:41 GMT
Reply Quote
I really do feel sorry for you people that have to endure the punishment trough dailys. This is not being sarcastic, just for that matter. Another thing, is how Blizzard claims that they are optional, even tough i havnt done any PvE since Vanilla, even i understand that in a hidden mannor players know, and are requiered to complete every single one of these quests every day in order to stay competive for pick-ups in raids, guilds etc.

-

The only positive thing i have to say about this, is that you have actually managed to revive the same feeling i had while ganking Tyr's Hand back in the classic World of Warcraft. World pvp is actually alive :) Had over 700 honorkills the past week just from the Golden Stair, and that other lake, so for me atleast, its working.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Personaly i never did dailys ever until Pandaria and i have to say its the only part of the game im not too keen on. I did a load when i hit 90 but within a week or so i couldnt bear doing them. once in a blue moon ill do them again cause i kinda have to in order to get my rep up. I find myself levelling other chars to avoid the tedium that is dailys and i have 3 90s 1 89 and one 88 so far.

I wish there was another way because it is offputtng to a degree, een though i love the pand experience and its a great xpac. Id rather run 20 dungeons a day to gain my rep than dailys but that is just me.

Yesterday i decided to give wow a break for a few weeks ( may turn into longer) and try something new. I will be back at some point i know and ill continue here on the forums but i really should not feel this way so soon after the release. Enjoy wow very much its the rep grinds in daily for i do not like.
To anyone who says you have tpo work at things i agree entirely but just maybe not in the form of dailys eh?

I agree there could be another way to farm reputation (just not tabards) but what I don't understand is that you go do something in WoW that you dislike and you obviously don't need right away or maybe not at all and then quit and blame it on dailies.

No no i never said i Quit i said giving it a break, dailys are PART of the issue but there is much more. What i was trying to do is state that i am not keen on dailys at all. I doubt ill ever do them all to be fair. In fact just 2 weeks ago i finaly finished the rep grind for netherwing mounts so thats how much i do not like dailys lol, and how log is it since BC?. So you can see that part of the game is not my thing but i promised myself i would get back to raiding which ment rep grind a little for gear and mounts. I love mounts btw.

Anyway its not all because of dailys i am having a break its part of it as said before and yes i feel i do need to do a certain amount of dailys this time out.
Edited by Volu on 21/11/2012 21:01 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Paladin
I've got 1 lvl 90 character. Done a few dailies for the cloud serpant mount, but I havn't played on him for a while now because it seems to just take far too long to get anywhere.

Seems easier lvling alts, I enjoy it more I get instant rewards which is lvling up.

But for me there is plenty of content to see, so I don't feel like I am bored. I only started in Cataclysm. The problem with a game that has soo much content and has been going for so long, is that there is a huge gap between players that have experienced all the content and those that havn't. That gap is growing I'd imagine, which isn't a problem for me as I enjoy taking my time and don't have huge amounts of time to sink into this game in any one time. Reroll guilds, refining older content (anvil in Dalaran still doestn't work, can't fly in Silvermoon) helps ensure the longevity of the game.

Self confessed alt-oholic.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Warrior
I am happy the thread became a usefull discussion, even if trolls like ceac tried to derail it. At last, it's blizzards job to do the moderation, and not the job of wannabe-moderators.

Well, for me dailies are the main reason to quit completely. I brought up some ideas how to solve that problem.

Sure, i am just one single voice, still i hope someone is reading this, and still i hope someone is thinking about the way the reputation system works or should work.

I think doubling the amount of reputation in patch 5.1 for alts just is not enough. I think blizzard should implement other means of gaining reputation as well asap for the upcoming patch to make the game more diversified.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]