Turning off red Action Bars w/ 5.1?

Now that we got this Loss of Control UI, I still despise it and can't play with it.

I've got all options "Off" and also unticked the whole thing. How can I remove the red circles on my actionbars now?
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just stopping by to say, the change
was stupid,
I don't want it
let me turn it off.
Edited by Zipzapfap on 28/11/2012 13:14 GMT
Reply Quote
Found a way to disable it, but this removes the entire "Black Spirals" from your actionbars and disables GCD spiral.

I'd very much like to keep my black spiral cooldown animations, but I don't want that red garbage.
Edited by Veeladtf on 28/11/2012 13:27 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
28/11/2012 13:14Posted by Zipzapfap
let me turn it off.

The new CC alerts can be disabled by unchecking the box titled “Loss of Control Alerts” in the combat section of the interface menu.

We know that some visuals might remain active even when the feature is disabled in the interface menu and we've passed along feedback about this to the devs, specifically the issue with the action bars.
Whenever we have any update we'll make sure let you know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blizzard, one question on this matter: REALLY???
So from now on , we gona need an addon to have the old interface?
All my abilityes going red and having cd while I am cced is something beyond stupid! Why there is no customisation option at least? What is the logic in forcing us to have this new thing?
I really hate it! Please change this back!
Edited by Ashihara on 28/11/2012 15:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
let me turn it off.

We know that some visuals might remain active even when the feature is disabled in the interface menu and we've passed along feedback about this to the devs, specifically the issue with the action bars.

Thank heavens! I posted my first reply same time as the gm!:)
Edited by Ashihara on 28/11/2012 15:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
FIN
This is what you guys do.
For a long time people needed to get grid or x-perl or something to get raid frames, then you implement this !@#$ty raidframe thing of yours, people couldnt get rid of it, so they needed to get an addon to do that.
Same thing now, we had addons like losecontrol which worked perftectly in that job, now you implement your own crappy cc shower thing. Again people need to get an addon to get rid of that too.
Stop implementing stuff that dont work, or atleast let us to turn it off completely.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I hate it!
let us turn it off completely and not just only the middlescreen alerter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I played some more after my first post. Pvp is completly unplayable with this bar problem! I don t know where to start to point how bad is this change. Hope it will be fixed soon!
Edited by Ashihara on 28/11/2012 16:11 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
28/11/2012 16:10Posted by Ashihara
I played some more after my first post. Pvp is completly unplayable with this bar problem! I don t know where to start to point how bad is this change. Hope it will be fixed soon!

Haha. In no way does this make PvP 'completely unplayable'. Such a drama llama post, get over it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
FIN
Well atleast I got his point, when whole your screen is red, like you can't watch your cd's or so, while you are cc'd.
I think like its unplayable too. Just retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It better get fixed asap, unless i play with bartender it will still be red spellflashing covering all my cds so i can't see anything.

Example: http://s16.postimage.org/ig2pnufth/Wo_WScrn_Shot_112812_190957.jpg

WTB HOTFIX!! -.-
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I wonder why the hell they use ptr TEST realm when they not testing anything and publish patches like this. I bet a lot genius work there...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I've never seen a worse implementation of a change... it's not buggy it's just plain wrong, and i'm for the first time since Beta in a state that either this get fixed asap, or i'll cancel my account, as it's no longer worth my time.

What on earth was going on when releasing this into the live environment....

Give me my old UI back, if i want another interface, i'll get an addon!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The red "cooldown" on the action bars is extremely annoying and should have a toggle option.

if not, this change has made it worse then actually better for a lot of people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
28/11/2012 15:52Posted by Taepsilum
let me turn it off.

The new CC alerts can be disabled by unchecking the box titled “Loss of Control Alerts” in the combat section of the interface menu.

What about the crappy new stats display on armor, wheres the option to turn that rubbish change off and have it back the way it was.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-udPDuVZU65I/ULau3VaAsoI/AAAAAAAAAVM/GHwQbUUl2Hs/s1600/lossofcontrol.jpg

ok check this image, it can't look this bad for everyone can it? That font looks horrendously pixelated, can anyone confirm they see the same thing? (the image is cut but not resized)
Reply Quote
An oft-heard complaint about WoW PvP in the higher brackets is the sheer amount of CC.

Why exactly did the Devs think they should make CC even more annoying?

(the ticked-disabled-yet-no-it-isn't-issue listed above is shared)
Reply Quote
http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/234247-disabling-red-bars-working-method/

Without trying to offend Blizzard, once again the community has to clean up the mess they create. Idea is nice, and perhaps useable to some - but not allowing us to turn it off is horrendeus.

Problem is you can't see the time left of your cooldowns with the red actionbars. We sit in CC, look around and swiftly glance at our cooldowns, seeing what we're gonna use next and what we still have available(and when) - but this broke it all. What on earth could give such a idea?
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Death Knight
28/11/2012 15:52Posted by Taepsilum
let me turn it off.

Just a quick comment on why I think the new CC alert is bad.
I play as a feral, and what I find to be the best way to keep track of which form I'm in is to look at my character. Sometimes you get stunned, feared, etc. while shifting, and its important to know if you're in form or not to avoid new CC abilities from being cast on you.
The CC alerts in its current form hides my character behind that warning.

If the CC alerts could be moved by the user or placed another place on the screen, that would be a vast improvement and I'd probably start using it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]