Patch 6.0.0 and onwards! the final expansion ?

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
Greetings, I'm here to talk about the events after Mist Of Pandaria!
We all know that at the end of MoP, Garrosh will die (most likely)
We also heard rumors that the expansion after MoP WILL be the end of WOW, and its said to be about the return of the legion and onwards!

So, Lets sums up all the "baddies" out there still. Saregas! Old gods!

the HUGE good characters that is yet to be introduced in WOW , Turalyon and More.

Maybe expanding outlands, or openning the twisting nethers?

Titans?
31 Human Paladin
25/11/2012 14:28Posted by Havolock
We also heard rumors that the expansion after MoP WILL be the end of WOW

Some Blizzard guy, Paul Sams, already confirmed that there will be an expansion after MoP and further ones after that in an interview somewhere, so I doubt the end of WoW is any time soon unless something drastically changes.
90 Worgen Warlock
There are MMO's that have existed for over a decade with far less subscribers than WoW has that have pumped out expansion after expansion even when they fell off of the broader radar. The only thing that will prevent WoW from creating expansions in the foreseeable future would be if the company itself went bankrupt. An unlikely scenario.
Edited by Calthric on 25/11/2012 15:15 GMT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
25/11/2012 14:28Posted by Havolock
We also heard rumors that the expansion after MoP WILL be the end of WOW

This made my day.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So is this gonna be the new ''X MMO will kill wow''?

Every new expac ''OMG the next expac IS THE END OF WOW''
Edited by Jushirô on 25/11/2012 23:04 GMT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This will happen:

First its my position on sargeras followed by how i think wow will end in Xpec 7.0 :)
Warning its a long read.
Bolded the part where i talk about what the final xpac might hold.

Story Part
Lorewise Sargeras distanced himself from the ideas of the rest of the titans because of his constant struggle against evil and chaos. He had seen so much evil that he decided Life itself should be destroyed because with life order could never be established.
Basic psychological concept. It is like people constantly trying to do do good, but seeing their efforts as useless, becomming depressed, and thinking f*ck it all of you dont deserve to live anymore.

Unfortunatly for him he himself cannot roam from planet to planet. So to do his bidding he created the burning legion. An army consisting of all types of races found on the different planets he destroyed. From both the Nether as well as for example the eredar, on nagrand the orcs were his tool. Were it not for the frostwolf clan the orcs would probably be full fledged members of the legion becomming more demonic as time passed.

His "evilness" comes from being dissilussioned and he firmly feels that his is right in doing what he does. ( at least that is how i understand him) He shares a bit of the mentality of Deathwing, without the need of having to rule ( i dont know what he would do when he succeseeds though) The burning legion is just a tool.

Now on the other hand of the spectrum are the old gods. These beings want to dominate all life and thrive on chaos and destruction. Were the titans can be seen as order, they are chaos. Titans create planets, Old gods would destroy them. In power they are individually stronger then Titans, but they dont work togheter. A classic characteristic of evil.
Yet since they were imprisoned they started working togheter (proof can be found in the war of the ancients, were multiple voices came from the demon soul)

Expansion + the end of WoWMy guess is that in the final expansion the burning invasion causes a full fledged invasion on azeroth

this would probably be 7.0 (6.0 being the preparation of the invasion by the naga and the cleansing of the emerald dream. Combining the old gods and the legion)
In this first tier we would fight off generals of the legion, not defeating them but basicly holding them back or pushing them towards a portal. In which the last raid we are pushed back (loot could come from major lore heroes creating stuff for us because we need to prepare ourselves.) Also losing would feel like a good change for once.

in 7.1 Demons have a steady foothold. More portals are being summoned and more demons come to this world. We get to meet the major lore evils from the burning legion again.
Unfortunatly for everyone the rifts in matter weaken the prisons of the old gods even more. In the places were the burning legions invade the minions of the old gods pop up from their wholes and tentacles spawn out of the ground killing the burning legion and mortals alike.

There will be a daily questzone in which you hold bases against both their might and do your best to ensue they kill each other. Major raid boss will b KJ and/or Archimonde In this patch the taint of the burning legion + the might of the old gods cause more and more taint and destruction of our world. While we are trying to hold them back on all fronts we are still pushed back.

7.2 The demons now have enough strenght to summon sargeras to this world. Unfortunatly doing so causes the chains of the old gods to break. Tearing the fabric of azeroth. However the entering through the portal left sargeras in a weakend state.
The old gods knowing sargeras is a titan (details are irrelevant to them). Want to kill him.

The mortal world of azeroth iare now cought between the hammer and the anvil. Our only hope? summon the titans. The raid in this tier will be about activating a titan warning mechanism. while holding off the demons and old gods. In this patch wel get 2 to 3 dungeons in which you find the area were this device is (kinda like ulduar) + a raid. no dailies.
The raid ends in succesfully sending a warning to the tite titans.

7.3 starts the upper levels of the world are now covered by spawns of demons and old gods
Both the alliance and the horde are pushed underground to ancient titan facilites.

Then boom the titans arrive. ( dont know how this will look, but i imagine something like comming out of light speed :) ) THey find their prison in shatters. The old gods now almost at full strenght. and fighting the burning legion. The mortals of azeroth are almost forgotten by both these forces.

In the final raid we have 2 assignments Defeat Sargeras and Destroy the old gods.

Will be continued in the next post #73
6 hours ago

Edit Reply Quote Lightning
Lightning
The Sha'tar Profile
Lightning
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Gaia
7760 Edited by Lightning on 07/11/12 10:22 (GMT) Reserved.
Strenghtened by the titans that have arrived through portals in the runes we found (Some titans will spawn at the alliance base, some at the horde one)

We take the fight outside again. Clearing a path to sargeras. this will be a massive raid the size of Battle for mount hijal. With all the hordes champions we start a blitzkrieg. At full strenght storming through to sargeras.
When we reach him Aman fights him while we hold of the burning legion.
Dialogue will go something like: " you shattered our most precious worlds and broken the chains of reality, for this and so much more we sentance you to death"
2 staged fight.
1: hold of the burning legion.
2. Aman falls but with his last breath gives us a temporary boost in strenght. This buff last 5 minutes and works as a hard enrage timer (when buff is over we die)
We fight Sargeras at 0.5% of his total (making us feel insignificant).

*(Sidenote*
Personally id love to see Illidan come back in this expansion at the same time as the burning legion. He has been living in solititude in the nether realm (possibly a book? his time in the nether realm. This would also intrudoce major demon characters we get to kill later on?)
Furthermore this entire raid will be about heroism. Some major lore figures will die saving the ones they love. I can imagine Malfurion being struck down and tyrande sacrificing herself to save him. Unfortunatly this is not enough and Malfurion also dies.
This Breaks down everything in illidan. The only 2 persons he ever cared for are now dead. It would be amazing if KiJ did this. An epic fight between Illidan and KJ ensues. (think goku vs freeza in the namek saga)
*sidenote*

in 7.4 We deal with the old gods. With 6 Titans still alive we need to defeat the old gods. The titans no longer pocess the strenght to reimprision them.

We fight undergrown towards the core of the world were the final and strongest old god still is in chains. (the old god being azeroth itself)
This raid will be about beating all the gods 1 by 1 in a gigantic sphere like raid. When they are all beaten the final one appears.
Off course the alliance and horde attack from 2 different sides. The titans combined their forces but they still dislike each other.
Togheter with the 6 remaining titans you beat final old god. However because azeroth is the last god the world fals apart and disintegrates.
During this fight 5 of the titans sacrifice themselves to stop of certain powers of the old god.
When the fight is over the final remaining titan, the weakans one opens portals to a new world.
All remaining life goes through these portals. I can imagine the dialogue going:

"Mortals, my time has come to an end, with my last strenght i want to thank you"
The combined forces of the horde and alliance look up to the titan as light flows from him/her
"the universe has no place for us, nor do we have the strenght or will to create one'
The age of god and titans is over, the universe is yours, do with it as you please, i..... I dont care anymore.

The light flowing from the titan becomes stronger, engulfing al life on azeroth and transporting it to a new world.

Epilogue.

As the big ending movie we see orcs fighting humans, taurens fighting night elves. Dwarves fighting trolls, forsaken fighting worgen, gnomes fighting goblins and blood elves fightning drenai.
The camera zooms out, we see a giant arena
we hear a voice.
We will never forget the burdens and sacrifciises of the past. It gaves us peace.
Camera moves to an old duzco and his two adult tauren sons.
It gave us laughter
We see thralls son failing in controlling the elements being laughed at by his father
*a few more of this scenes* For every race one.

voice darkens and the view becomes grimmer as we go over the world.
It gave us pain.
We see illidan sitting alone in the in a dark cave. he looks tired and has a picture of tyrande in one hand. An Acorn in the other.

In the End, it gaves us a world of our own. This will always be a world... of warcraft.

Screen goes black for a few seconds.
We hear Laughter.
See two yellow globes pop up.

Grrrr... fresh meat!

Boom Hogger.

And the end of WoW.
90 Undead Warlock

*wall of text*

Epilogue.

As the big ending movie we see orcs fighting humans, taurens fighting night elves. Dwarves fighting trolls, forsaken fighting worgen, gnomes fighting goblins and blood elves fightning drenai.
The camera zooms out, we see a giant arena
we hear a voice.
We will never forget the burdens and sacrifciises of the past. It gaves us peace.
Camera moves to an old duzco and his two adult tauren sons.
It gave us laughter
We see thralls son failing in controlling the elements being laughed at by his father
*a few more of this scenes* For every race one.

voice darkens and the view becomes grimmer as we go over the world.
It gave us pain.
We see illidan sitting alone in the in a dark cave. he looks tired and has a picture of tyrande in one hand. An Acorn in the other.

In the End, it gaves us a world of our own. This will always be a world... of warcraft.

Screen goes black for a few seconds.
We hear Laughter.
See two yellow globes pop up.

Grrrr... fresh meat!

Boom Hogger.

And the end of WoW.

Holy shiiiiiieeet....that was epic.
90 Draenei Shaman

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT.

So badly waaaaaaant.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
27/11/2012 16:50Posted by Cynex
Holy shiiiiiieeet....that was epic.

Yea im so hoping that will happen :D
87 Worgen Death Knight
Im hoping that the next expansion brings KJ, and that Velen is the one to kill him, but he dies himself in doing so.
The one after is us dealing with the Old Gods in some way, which leads to the coming of Sargy and his boys, kill off a a minor Horde leader Gelbin for eg
The final should be Horde/Alliance fighting against Sargeras, with every racial leader getting killed along the way barring Baine and Anduin, and together they raise a new Alliance of all races of Azeroth, joined by Thrall's boy, and other young new racial leaders
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Come on guys don't just forget about Azshara, she is still in Nazjatar, they would end WOW like after two expansions.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Aman'Thul falls, why is it that he was the only Titan there aren't there like 5-10?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Didn't Illidan have a vial of the twisting on him, like one left and he was a demon. So shouldn't his soul be in the Twisting Nether, btw Lightning i love your sidenote so much. THE MOST EPIC THING!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shame Blizzard doesn't have people like you Lightning, I still hope Aman'Thul didn't die.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Next expansion will have a new hero class, Necromancers
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Dude, how about demon hunters!?
90 Dwarf Hunter
30/11/2012 22:16Posted by Deakz
Dude, how about demon hunters!?

No because I am already a hunter and that will piss me off.

I think Blizzard works on 2 concurrent projects/expansion related to WoW, I remember when I hit 70 during the Burning Crusade expansion, the GM of my guild at that time whispered me that his friend who works at Blizzard are working on a playable race "werewolves" I laughed at him and called him a joker, and he then he also told me that there is an expansion under the sea and we will be mounting turtles....see after 1-2 years he was right about the "werewolves" being the worgen and the under the sea being Vashj'ir.

dont be surprised when you see warlocks become necromancers and we hunters become demon hunters -_~
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Demon hunters, aren't they like rogues that can go melee or range.
90 Human Paladin
The only thing that will kill WoW is WoW 2.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
30/11/2012 15:47Posted by Deakz
Aman'Thul falls, why is it that he was the only Titan there aren't there like 5-10?

because i think its one of those main arch of story telling. Let the ultimate bad guy, fight the ultimate good guy. Its a bit like Hector VS Achilles in which Achillies is sargeras.

It has been done before :) Cairne vs Garrosh for example, but also on a larger scale > Maiev vs Illidan Tirion vs Arthas.

I think on the wiki there are 7 titans in the council. 1 being sargeras.

So 5 left after that fight. It could be that the other 5 titans are busy holding off the burning legion armies. They could even bring an army of bronze titans.

But seeing as im a major Illidan fan ever since i saw him released out of his prison in Warcraft 3. Im hoping his character gets a redemption. And what would be better to redeem him then slay one of the major agressors of the burning legion, the one that doomed him in the first place.
For the first time he would fight without selfish goals, he wouldnt care whether he lived or died, he would only fight for vengeance..

I think i wrote something else about this as well, il look it up.

Edit: Here it is, an intro clip i thought out for the final expansion.

Youl hear a dark voice looming from a demonic looking shade...
it has been over 10.00 years since the first invasion of the burning legion. They destroyed nearly everything i loved... but we stopped them...
*youl see a clip were major lore characters fight the major wars with the burning legion. Clip moves to Malf and illidan stopping the comming of sargeras.

Many gave their lives... some their souls

10 thousand years of relative peace.. and silence.. but we survived..

Then came the horde but we survived...
*clip of the first and second war. Major heroes fighting battles (doomhammer, turalyon)

[iWe tried to keep this peace alive.. we tried.. but we failed, yet.. we survived[/i]
*images of felwood and burning towns
We crossed the bounds of reality to prevent even greater disaster

*video of going through the darkportal flying over the lands seeing the great cities, the draining of zangarmarsh.
We found great light, but also foul foes, we fought for freedom.. but eventually I...We.. lost everything but we survived

The voice becomes more bitter and dark..
The heroes of light became tools of darkness. Friends became foes and former enemies the most loyal friends

We see both the horde an alliance land on Northrend and the events up to the WoTLK and his fall

You have fought the world itself, prevented it from destruction and still it was not enough for peace. the taint.. its growing
The camera zooms away from the demonic figure, showing a burned land filled with demonic corpses
His sillouette is on one knee.. he seems tired.
Voice grows angry.
Yet you fools unleashed the essences of pain..
Fear
Anger
Hate
Suffering
You killed your own
*Clip of us slaying garrosh
Figure stands up now.
Your foolish wars and quest for powers broke the chains of your world and released an ancient evil. You think you stopped it.. i see you rejoice and celebrate.. i see the fragile truce breaking again for the trivial needs of the few

*we see festivities for beating back a naga invasion and striking back an old god.

*hint of pain in his voice
You survived.. but learned nothing.. you lost, but sacrificed nothing... you are.. nothing
You have no idea what is comming..your foolish actions destroyed that which protcted you.. He is comming.. and so are They.

Figure Stands up straight, his wings on his back unfolding. He slowly turns around. We see his tattoos. And his burning eyes.

You improsoned me, disregarded me, you hated me, you tried to kill me, yet i am your only hope..
* camera zooms out.

In the far distance we see a great eredar city.. smoke.. burning.. thousends of infernals and other demons.
The camera flies at high speed towards the ciity in the middle of the city is a gigantic square. We see thousands of bones around them... and in the middle we see a small portal opening. growing rapidly largers.

Through it we see the festivities then the image changes and we see the centre of the maelstrom.
A mass of land is slowly forming, the soil is green.

The winged shadow we saw, not runs at extremely high speed towards that portal, killing demons along the way. ll in one smooth move, sometimes flying. He bursts through the portal. A flash of green light..

*screen turns black
We see a forest, birds are tjirping, but suddenly stop.
We see a small night elf village. outside two night elves are taking a stroll.

Malfurion is hugging tyrande.

* tyrande.. something is off.. but so familiar...

Two trees are pushed aside and we see the demon in full form. Hes completely black with his tattoos in white. His wings have grown even larger. his features are demonic (think metamorphosis). The camera moves to his eyes. No longer are they burning embers. They are his old eyes. the colour Amber.

Malfurion and Tyrande take a step back, stunned.

Hello brother.. its been a while

Up comes the logo.

World of Warcraft
Return of the Titans

We then see a council of titans sitting around a table (valhalla style)
The one in the centre stands up. His eyes widen
*dissapointed voice
What has he done...
Edited by Lightning on 03/12/2012 15:38 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]