oQueue main thread

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Since the bot problem doesn't seem to get fixed, let's take matters into our own hands.

If you are a dedicated PvPer like me, who is tired of doing BGs with pugs, bots and afkers, read this post and take action.

There's a new addon out, called oQueue. It's creating a network for dedicated pvpers and lets you join them across realms. The result: You can do premades for normal and rated BGs WITHOUT BOTS AND AFKERS! This is due to the possiblity to ban real-IDs from the network.

If you wanna join:

1. Download oQueue v0.9z.96 or higher

2. Install oQueue

2. Restart WoW

3. Hit the "submit b-tag" button on page "Find Premade"

4. Hit the "find mesh" button next to it a few times

5. Click the refresh button and join premades through the "waitlist button" or make one by yourself on page "Create Premade"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Homepage download link: http://solidice.com/oqueue/
Curse download link: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's a youtube guide on how to use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p34hxIHrGM

oQueue is working great for players in the US. There's about 20 premades running on each faction at a time. But there is too few people using it in Europe.

Help us to create a strong european mesh and join!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have MUMBLE and TEAMSPEAK servers available. thx to Andrai and Pusíkatt

Mumble:
Server: nerfed.net (250 slots)
Port: 64740
Password: oqrules

Teamspeak3:
Server: nerfed.net (32 slots)
Password: oqrules

Server: gekkenhuis.cc

Ventrilo:
Server: wow.publicvent.org
Port: 4135

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TECHNICAL ISSUES:

>Joining with 6 or more people
Follow these instructions: http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll93/Phenomenonguild/oq_guide1.png
Since patch 5.1 the premade leader can nolonger queue both groups simultaniously.
It now requires the interaction of both group leaders: Either communicate through mic and count down or ...
"the group leaders spam click the center of their screen... and when the oQ leader hits 'Join as Group', a large button for each group leader will be presented in the middle of the screen... which will catch their next spam-click" quote by Tiny

>Getting spammed
You can turn off the annoying sound of friends logging in and out in Menu>Interface>BattleTag. I also advise you to create a chat window for battletag chat only. Keeps the spam to a minimum.

>Drop in fps
Turn off "Auto set role" in setup and see if it helps. You can also cancel all other options provided by the addon on the right and see if your fps improves.

>Find Mesh not working:
*solved*

>Waitlist Button not working:
*solved*

>Create Premade not working:
*solved*

UPDATES:

We found out that some features of the addon don't work yet, cause there's no host in europe. We're contacting the author in order to establish a european mesh.

"Right now manually adding people WILL work. What we're missing the the facility to retrieve battletags from the "mesh" because that requires the "Scorekeeper" account to be connected and online.
So, the submit battletag, pull battletag and find mesh will not work. But if you add the people from this thread, you will be able to connect to the network that way and still join the BGs.
If the author does implement the scorekeeper on EU too, then these extra buttons will suddenly start doing something."
quote by Andrai

Good news! It looks like the author of oQueue got wind of our thread.

"He's soon going to release an update of the addon, probably at the same time he will have the EU account ready.
He will be making an account (a scorekeeper) for the EU realms soon enough and then the most problems will solve itself."
quote by Moonslicer

Seems like Infernalwar has contacted Tiny, the author of oQueue:

"I will need to get another acct for that scorekeeper to manage EU, was going to look into getting Blizz to hand me an acct... since it's to help them... " quote by Tiny

Andrai has temporarely fixed the addon and I've switched the download link.

"The realms are converted to a number for smaller messages. Some EU realm names don't exist in the US so they didn't have a lookup number. I've added those realms. But of course people that do not update will not know how to translate the number you start sending." quote by Andrai

The updated version should fix the problems for people playing on english servers, other servers will be added soon.

This means, everyone should get the updated version. Especially premade leaders.
Let's spread the word!

All the realms should now be added. The link is the same, but the addon is up to date.

Just spoke to Tiny, the maker of oQueue. He told me, that if everything works out, he'll be uploading an updated version today! "it's cooking!" his words.
This version will bring us to the same level as the us version. I'll post it here as soon as it gets released. Keep an eye on this thread!

After doing some testing with Tiny we got it working. Finally!
oQueue v0.9z.96 works in Europe!

oQueue is down since patch 5.1.
Get more info here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200032168?page=1
and support the author with a LIKE here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967268533

I changed the post title, cause it was outdated.

Blizzard has quietly closed the oQueue mainthread in the us forums.

You can contact Tiny here if you have any suggestions or solutions to the current problem:
vent: wow.publicvent.org : 4135

The premade leader can nolonger queue both groups:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199643338

oQueue 1.0.0 is out and available on curse.com
(search function won't find it, link above)

BATTLETAG LIST:

*removed*

You can remove all your manually added BattleTags!

Thanks to Andrai, Chwat, Moonslicer, Fragglé and all the other guys helping out to set this up in Europe! And a big thanks to Tiny the author of oQueue! Let's hope this addon brings back the joy to WoW.
Edited by Koyen on 13/12/2012 11:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
BuySeaMawTen#2798

Kazzak horde
Reply Quote
Leslio#2923

Frostwhisper Horde
Reply Quote
so what happens when all the botters use it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
*removed*
Edited by Koyen on 26/11/2012 23:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
We need more people using it :) So far I can't build mesh yet. No active users.

Adisayel#2823
Edited by Sayel on 21/11/2012 15:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
21/11/2012 15:42Posted by Sayel
We need more people using it :) So far I can't build mesh yet. No active users.

You can always manually add the listed users untill we build a decent player base.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah this is good addon just need more people to DL lil buggy sometimes but does the job
Reply Quote
36 Tauren Druid
b.tag no longer needed
Edited by Litti on 27/11/2012 00:27 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Ahh, why not. I suppose battletag is relatively safe.

Andrai#2421

Mainly Horde, and I'll mainly be using it to avoid bots in the 85-89 bracket. If more people get on it :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Lagupagup#2630
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Alliance L90 Bracket
Edited by Higgit on 27/11/2012 10:15 GMT
Reply Quote
Feran#2624
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
all I can say is used this addon all day lost 1 match :)

thou still need more people to dl it on horde side alllys dont down load it am having to much fun winning
Edited by Chwat on 21/11/2012 22:36 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
all I can say is used this addon all day lost 1 match :)
Yep, saw that group joining/leaving BGs. I was going to log my 90 rogue. But got sidetracked and just came back now to "disconnected from server" hehe. Another night though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
trance#2794
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Dalle#1109
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
You're a god, instead of QQ'ing about bots and that you could do it way better then blizzard, you actually take initiation and fix the problem, should we request sticky for this wonderful idea?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Honkwoo#2504
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]