oQueue main thread

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've just installed oQueue and getting nothing in the find premades tab - I'm using v1.0.6 - I click the find mesh button and the only friend it's added is called "Scorekeeper" which I guess is part of what makes the addon work!

I also don't get what "The Score" tab is - it's saying Horde 38 - 9 Alliance atm - I'm not sure what this is all about, could someone explain?

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Up for BG-s! My battletag: BenZomb#2606
Reply Quote
3 Undead Warlock
I've just installed oQueue and getting nothing in the find premades tab - I'm using v1.0.6 - I click the find mesh button and the only friend it's added is called "Scorekeeper" which I guess is part of what makes the addon work!

I also don't get what "The Score" tab is - it's saying Horde 38 - 9 Alliance atm - I'm not sure what this is all about, could someone explain?

G'afternoon Salead,
since the 19th, oQueue's scorekeeper in the EU glitched out. something went very wrong and required some fancy foot work that resulted in a new battle tag for the scorekeeper.

during that period, the 'find mesh' and 'submit b-tag' buttons would not have functioned properly, as there was no scorekeeper to respond.

also during that time, i was feverishly pounding away on some new features.. like being able to create multiple types of premade groups (i think the look of the main premade tab for dungeon groups is the sexiest). the current version is 1.0.6 and i believe there are a few edges left to be sanded. some time after Christmas i'll get back to it and will push on the final component for the v1.0 series... filters and sorting for the find-premade tab.

btw, 'the score' is a running tally of POINTS accumulated by both factions as they win bgs. points are awarded to the winning faction and the results spread thru the mesh for everyone. 1 point is awarded for winning a 10-man bg... 2 points for 15-man, and 4 points for 40-man. the score is also on a weekly cycle and resets every wednesday morning.

if you have any other questions, jump to the oQueue forums ( http://oqueue.forumotion.com/ ) or find me on vent ( wow.publicvent.org : 4135 ).. my nick is 'tiny'

good luck and have a safe and happy holidays,

- Tiny
Reply Quote
Actually you got the day wrong. It resets on tuesdays 8am GMT. Should be 24h later.
Reply Quote
3 Undead Warlock
22/12/2012 17:07Posted by Shriukan
Actually you got the day wrong. It resets on tuesdays 8am GMT. Should be 24h later.

actually, the week had already started when the scorekeeper was brought back up... and it's working off the previously set end-of-week.

we'll see what it thinks at the start of the next cycle
Reply Quote
K. I'll keep you posted anyways :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the info, Tiny!

Seems to be working ok now, maybe it was just cus my very first install was coincidentally around 5 mins after the 1.0.6 update and no-one had chance to update at that point! :p

One more quick question, what does the "Tears" number represent when you hover over a player in the "Premade" tab?

Thanks and happy holidays!
Reply Quote
Tears = the number of OPPOSING team rage quits during a battleground.
Edited by Shriukan on 22/12/2012 22:33 GMT
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
seems like a waste of time for alliance if they barely ever win, i'll stick to destroying horde bots, only real chance when i play alliance to win
Reply Quote
Barely ever win? If you get an oQueue group and put in a minimum of dedication, your chance to win increases a lot. Give it a try before shunning it :)
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
i'll try it on horde, but based on the stats, alliance never win, so whats the point for alliance players?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
22/12/2012 23:18Posted by Jellybabes
but based on the stats, alliance never win

More horde players use it so that cause imbalance in that cosmetic stat. But it doesn't effect the personal win/loss ratio, only the sum number of bgs won.

For example 5 alliance players go together and have a 9:1 win:loss.
On the other hand 15 horde players go in three 5 man groups and have a 9:1, 8:2, 10:0 win:loss.
Alliance had 90% wins. Horde had 90% wins. The same.
But that final stat in the addon will be 28:12 horde win vs alliance win.
So that sum number doesn't show personal win:loss ratio. It shows only which faction has more addon users and tells nothing about their skills or personal win/loss ratio.
Focus on your personal stats and forget about that cosmetic number, that is meaningless.
Reply Quote
Also please bear in mind that a 10m BG awards 1 point, 15m 2 points and 40 man 4 points.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
2nd time around I try this addon. It's quite !@#$ to be fair. There are never any games alliance side, nor does it work properly, nor do you ever get into the games. The addon feels quite pointless as I'm finding myself doing random bgs because it's impossible to get a group in oQueue.

It might work for horde, but as alliance its utter %^-* I'm afraid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
2nd time around I try this addon. It's quite !@#$ to be fair. There are never any games alliance side, nor does it work properly, nor do you ever get into the games. The addon feels quite pointless as I'm finding myself doing random bgs because it's impossible to get a group in oQueue.

It might work for horde, but as alliance its utter %^-* I'm afraid.

it works for my ally toons
Reply Quote
It's not utter !@#$ as you put it. Have you got oQ users in your friend's list? It's required to see premades. If none is running, create one and wait for people to wait list. Also please bear in mind that the addon just got updated yesterday and that people need to upgrade as it is a mandatory update. Oh and it's noon. Try again in the evening.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I know how the addon works, there are hardly any premades up ever.
Reply Quote
Then stop being passive and start making premades. It's not hard. And if you like it, why not promote it on trade chat every so often? Horde side is increasing because we actually promote it and create premades. We don't sit on our asses waiting for premades to show up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I have tried, to no avail.
Reply Quote
Well, a little persistance is needed. Promoting is the only way to see the EU community grow to the size of the US one. Yes the US also lack alliance, but they try hard and it works.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]