Big thanks for 5.1 BWL

90 Undead Priest
Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Some bosses that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone:
  • High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple
  • Viscidus in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
  • Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair

I just wanna say THANK YOU! Been such a PITA to find someone to help in BWL, now I can finally go alone and keep wishing for the bloody T2 shoulders to drop. :D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Does this include Ulduar too?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
How did u do it solo?

The adds kill the boss way to fast.
Reply Quote
Indeed!

I'm having the same problem as Brainshake. Razorgore is not soloable in my pov. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
"Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone."

This does not work for Reliquary of souls in Black Temple as the boss is just spamming spirit shock.. is this a bug blizzard?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I haven't actually soloed him yet, was just overjoyed by the patch notes. Have you just tried to kill him without touching the eggs at all? Does he still blow you up?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
28/11/2012 13:31Posted by Marrekurre
This does not work for Reliquary of souls in Black Temple as the boss is just spamming spirit shock.. is this a bug blizzard?

Read the first post, only 3 bosses are affected.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I find it quite disappointing that only 3 bosses got nerfed because ive looked forward to trying to solo more of the wotlk raids (or just clearing naxx faster)
Reply Quote
How did u do it solo?

The adds kill the boss way to fast.

Some adds should be sticking to you (but won't interrupt your channel). There's no debuff when using the orb, so you can interrupt it, clean adds, and retake control of the boss as much as you want, and you can destroy eggs non-stop (other than his 3 second cast).

Also, Razorgore has an ability that will put to sleep a dragonkin unit, this is very useful if he's under attack. Just keep practicing and make the most of the period between the pull and the first wave of adds!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Done it a few seconds ago with my warrior. I didnt killed any add, just done egg after egg. Tryed about half an hour with killing add, so i decided to kill not any of them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
28/11/2012 12:39Posted by Elenya
High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple

I just did Naj'entus and noticed no difference between 5.0.5 and 5.1. Can you elaborate as to what changed exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
High Warlord Naj'entus in the Black Temple

I just did Naj'entus and noticed no difference between 5.0.5 and 5.1. Can you elaborate as to what changed exactly?

He heals alot less when he is bubbled if you somehow wouldn't be able to deal 13k dps before he casts it

"Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone."

It is not a bug, doable with gag order glyph, interrupt him twice and nuke
Edited by Astralos on 28/11/2012 17:39 GMT
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
Glad to see these changes, I suggested something along these lines a few months back.

How are the Twin Emperors in AQ40 now at 90? And C'Thun? Are these soloable for all classes now?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Glad to see these changes, I suggested something along these lines a few months back.

How are the Twin Emperors in AQ40 now at 90? And C'Thun? Are these soloable for all classes now?

Both were soloable at level 85, twins just require 30k+ dps and c'thun requires you to pull ouro to same room.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Did it really work with viscidous? i know that he can be soloed by a dk but with a other char ?Oo
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Viscidus isn't doable without a class which can do frost dmg..
But currently he is staying at 1 hp
Reply Quote
46 Dwarf Hunter
Both were soloable at level 85, twins just require 30k+ dps and c'thun requires you to pull ouro to same room.

Twins weren't really doable by all classes at 85 I dont think. Pallys had an easy time on them as holy damage worked on both I believe. And maybe for DKs too? DKs weren't in the game back then, so maybe they're susceptible to their abilities?

But if 30k is all it takes, they should be easy now for anyone.

Ye, I know of the Ouro tactic on C'Thun, it's a nice work around. But it seems an easy modification to just not wipe the raid if upstairs is empty, so this would be a nice and quick change to the encounter that should not negatively affect anyone at this point.
Edited by Thalbard on 28/11/2012 18:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Looks like it can't be soloed by an 85 which is pretty stupid. Mobs either attacked the boss or me which ended with me dying or the boss getting killed and me dying in the process.

I even stopped the channel multiple times to kill adds and cc'd them using the boss, but there's just too many of them that spawn.

Did this on my 85 hunter by the way. Guess it would be better on a class which could heal, but I want that sexy T2 set :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Killed him as shadow priest! Didn't focus on adds at all, started killing eggs near the orb first, when the possession started to run out I'd put a shield on him. When adds became too many I brought him midfield, popped shield to him and once the possession ended killed many adds with Halo. Healed myself a bit and carried on killing eggs. Was tricky but manageable. I'm not sure if you can do this with any class to be honest.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
About time too. Big thumbs up to Blizzard on this one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]