Big thanks for 5.1 BWL

58 Human Death Knight
As a warrior you really should not have much of an issue with razor.

You have an automatic HoT and an AOE taunt with no damage component. Just get the egg sequence down and it's easy, finished with 40% or so health on razor.

Currently soloing my way through ICC 10, done all of naxx 25 except Gluth, had to do him on 10, as well as Sarth 3D on 10 man. Will probably try ToC 25 this weekend. Warriors have never been this much fun to play in PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yeah, I'm also loving the old content in 5.1. I'm seeing a lot of people on here saying that Razorgore is still impossible - this is definitely not the case, I managed to do it today after my 3rd or 4th attempt. I'd say the difficulty of Razorgore as it is now is perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Razorgore is soloable if you have something that you can put on yourself to take aggro off him, like a HoT or whatever. If you don't have that, then good luck. The adds kill him before you can get all the eggs and they spawn faster than you can global them (can't AoE them down). As a warlock I can use grimoire of sacrifice's passive healing fortunately.
Edited by Thelcar on 29/11/2012 02:36 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Not possible. u cant get the orb back when u leave it.

Same as the blob in AQ40: Impossible without any frost damage

Loks like some classes can solo and some can't
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Not possible. u cant get the orb back when u leave it.

Same as the blob in AQ40: Impossible without any frost damage

Loks like some classes can solo and some can't

You can do Viscidus, by getting one of the ... oh just read the first comment :)

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15299/viscidus#comments
Reply Quote
Indeed!

I'm having the same problem as Brainshake. Razorgore is not soloable in my pov. :/

It is.

But being soloable doesn't mean it has to be easy either. These instances still care for raids and groups and while it is good that they CAN be soloed - indeed, to make them viable content for players today for transmog runs, etc they need to be soloable - there is nothing wrong with ensuring that grouping is a better option.

EJL
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Thank you devs, great job
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
The Razorgore changes doesnt worth !@#$.
Its enough to get you hooked and annoyed why you cant do it.
Requires MAJOR luck factor to have as little mobs aggro on Razorgore as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
There's no debuff when using the orb, so you can interrupt it, clean adds, and retake control of the boss as much as you want...

Do I have to interrupt it to not get a debuff?
Because last night I definitely got a debuff after it had run out.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Some thoughts when doing it on my Guardian Druid.

Razorgore aggroes mobs randomly, sometimes many, sometimes just a few. I had to Rejuvenate him two times to get casters off him, perhaps a fine tuning would be making the orcs prefer to target the player?

This way only the dragons would go after Razorgore, and he has a counter for that. This would help those that can't heal at all, as they wouldn't have to worry about Razorgore's health, you would only have to kill your orcs on the platform and go back to controlling him, it would save a lot of time not having to try aggro casters off him and onto yourself.

Just to be nitpicking on what you said Draztal; the channel is interrupted but only by 1 second maximum. There is a 10 seconds debuff, so it's still there. "clean adds, and retake control of the boss as much as you want" is hard when your AoE kills Razorgore as well, but I already talked about that, hehe. "you can destroy eggs non-stop (other than his 3 second cast)" actually he has a cast but no cooldown, still it's helpful. ;)

Also, this is not a problem, just annoyance, but after Vaelastrasz dies, it would be nice if the bomb debuff disappeared or at least didn't kill you, so you didn't have to do a pointless corpserun, but do leave it be, if you can't damage him and die of bomb while he is alive, it shows you are not ready to solo these raids. ;)

Viscidus seems to be annoying too, if you have no frost abilities you have to rely on items like enchants, oils, buffs, e.g. but the thing is you need to quickly strike many times once he freezes to split him into oozes, this means you can't rely on stuff like the Frost Oil alone, you need constant frost damage done, for example Warsmith Sigfinna in The Storm Peaks sells some weapons, they are slow but for Cat form they all have 1 second attack speed, that is neat. For other classes, tough luck. You should modify the boss so his window of opportunity is longer or requires fewer spells to shatter.
*Edit*
Just tried Viscidus on my Cat Druid, 1 attack speed of .97 second (with Elixir of the Rapids), using [Brunnhildar Harpoon] so it has a frost damage on hit each hit, and enchanted it with Deathfrost. I only get to the part when he freezes and it says "Viscidus begins to crack!" then he thaws out and I gotta start all over again...
Edited by Database on 29/11/2012 13:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Killed Razorgore with my rogue few minutes ago. Just destroy the eggs, after end of first control simply AoE adds around you and continue with eggs. I have herbalism so i used Life Spirit for heal. Also i have 408k HP buffed (I have inscription 8% stamina scroll).

If you want to now, yesterday i soloed Gunship Battle in ICC - thank you for nefring it Blizzard.
Edited by Novalis on 29/11/2012 13:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
29/11/2012 13:41Posted by Novalis
after end of first control simply AoE adds around you and continue with eggs. I have herbalism so i used Life Spirit for heal

Around you yes, also your Life Spirit heal probably helped aggro some mobs off Razorgore. Just the issue when too many casters go for Razorgore that is the issue, sometimes. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
How did u do it solo?

The adds kill the boss way to fast.

There's no debuff when using the orb,

I still gained the debuff yesterday after dropping the channel on the boss, then quickly recasting the Orb. It didn't impede my kill, but reporting it in case it's a bug.
Edited by Furygrip on 29/11/2012 14:12 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters always used the evasion bug to solo him.

To keep the adds from respawning - you have to keep the entrance gate open during the encounter.
With the gate open the adds dont respawn.

To keep the gate open you have to do the following..

You can control Razergore for 90 seconds - but you dont that.

When you control him you also get a 60 second debuff, if you let this debuff run
out whilst you are still controlling razer - the gate closes causing the adds to respawn.

So the trick is to release razergore (by right clicking his portrait and selecting Dismiss)
when the 60 second debuff has only 5 seconds left to run.

Doing this keeps the entrance gate open.

So in essence you can control razer for 90 seconds but in reality you only control him
for 55 then dismiss - wait for the 60 sec debuff to run out - then control him again.
rinse and repeat.

Of course that was before the changes.

I really wanted Blizz to also nerf ROS in black temple - thats the only blockage
for a 2 man - not having enough interupts.

Ive tried soloing him like ive seen the hunter vids on youtube, but havnt cracked it yet.
Edited by Starsoul on 29/11/2012 14:27 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Guys, it's way too close. I've gotten burned on literally the last egg as Razor dies. Too tight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The difficulty level is perfect, took me four tries yesterday. The rest of BWL is a piece of cake so please keep at least some challenge in it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
28/11/2012 17:03Posted by Draztal
There's no debuff when using the orb

There is, its duration is just lowered.

so you can interrupt it, clean adds, and retake control of the boss as much as you want

Only the adds aggroed on my character (which doesn't seem to be a lot), the bunch of mobs attacking razorgore will still hit him and if you try to aoe them you will also aoe the boss, killing him.

and you can destroy eggs non-stop (other than his 3 second cast).
There is still a cd on in, it is just lowered.

I am still nowhere close to soloing this, razoregore gets nuked down by so many adds and it doesn't seem to be anything i can do about it. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Any help would be appreciated.

What class do you play? Remember pets are BoA, so you can use a class that has it slightly easier to kill the boss.
Edited by Furygrip on 29/11/2012 17:41 GMT
Reply Quote
29/11/2012 17:05Posted by Mykk
I am still nowhere close to soloing this, razoregore gets nuked down by so many adds and it doesn't seem to be anything i can do about it.

When adds spawn, dismiss him, cast a heal, use orb again.

Oh look now all adds are hitting you and not him...

Though the issue then becomes, can you then survive the adds? (I did as Brewmaster pretty easily, I suspect healers would also do well. DPS specs may struggle unless they have decent healing)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
he's really easy now only three or four adds attacking the boss and all other attacking you. if you dismiss all adds(and the boss) attacking you and with 1-2 aes they are down then retake control. the adds hitting btw about 50-150 so you can take about houndreds of them before they kill you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]