Raiding world firsts

90 Blood Elf Paladin
As I'm checking out wowprogress to see who gets the world first on sha I can't feel like it is the continuation of last weekend. I would love if Blizzard would sponsor those top guild and stream the raiding they do. I would pay top money to see them doing heroic tries.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
But the world first contenders don't want people spying on them. Other guilds will see their tactics and copy them, which makes the race harder for themselves.
Reply Quote
Maybe after 3,5 kills?
Reply Quote
Community
That's an interesting idea; I would probably also enjoy seeing those streams, at least the last few tries before a kill.
But it’s like someone already pointed out, guilds don’t usually want to share their tactics immediately, and the point is to have a live stream during progress. If that’s not feasible then the videos that top guilds usually post on YouTube and similar sites a few days after they down bosses for the first time ends up being almost the same thing.

I think the most interesting about this would be real live streaming of “probable” world firsts, there’s something exciting about watching something like this live, the trick is that competitors would be watching as well, or would have people watching to help them out on strategy and tactics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
21/11/2012 21:42Posted by Devorkian
As I'm checking out wowprogress to see who gets the world first on sha I can't feel like it is the continuation of last weekend. I would love if Blizzard would sponsor those top guild and stream the raiding they do. I would pay top money to see them doing heroic tries.

You may want to see them stream it but they arent allowed to stream because of their OWN guild policy, they can do what affinitii does and streams loop kill vids but he only does it when other guilds have killed it

Most guilds will stream HC Kills once its more on farm and alot more guilds have killed it
Edited by Lurona on 22/11/2012 13:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
They actually think, that they will get something out of not sharing tactics.
You know, like BMW when they create new blueprints for a car, they won't share it until it actually drives around.
But BMW is a company and gets money for their effort, whilst Worldfirst Kills give you nothing, except e-peen enlargement, no rL and a broken body.
They are hurting themselves with staying up longer than you should, not getting enough sleep, etc.

And at the end of the day, they can post a vid, live stream their farming and for what?
For nothing. Absolutely nothing.
So why even bother?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
They actually think, that they will get something out of not sharing tactics.
You know, like BMW when they create new blueprints for a car, they won't share it until it actually drives around.
But BMW is a company and gets money for their effort, whilst Worldfirst Kills give you nothing, except e-peen enlargement, no rL and a broken body.
They are hurting themselves with staying up longer than you should, not getting enough sleep, etc.

And at the end of the day, they can post a vid, live stream their farming and for what?
For nothing. Absolutely nothing.
So why even bother?

Well actually some top guilds actually are sponsored, not by Blizzard but by hardware companies that actually hook them up with top end gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i know Landsoul from vodka have done some streaming from raids.
he is a warrior with passion for the class and the game.

currently he have not been streaming much tho, but i used to watch hes streams for useful warrior info and discussion. wich were amazing!

the streams he do is definitely worth watching when he is raiding.
and on the side he is also working on a warrior sim for rotation and answers questions about warrior now and then.

but as pointed out before, not that many streams going during progression.
wich i can understand, monitoring streams would take attention away from the game and performance would most likely drop a little.
Plus other guilds would also watch the streams to pull out tactics for them self.

i am sure we get many streams going when everything is on farm.
not only from landsoul and vodka, but many other guilds to.
it would be amazing if blizzard found a way to promote those streams, so ppl could watch them for live action and at the same time maybe get some insight of the streamers class and the fights.
like a new tab next to the Media

Anyways, you can find Landsoul at:
http://da.twitch.tv/landsoul_vodka

armory link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/Landsoul/simple
even got an item in the game named after him:
Landsoul's Horned Greathelm

and yes, im a fanboy.
he is pretty much the only warrior i look up to AND respect ;)
Reply Quote
3 Undead Monk
Hey, just dropping in to mention that Method streamed their Mogu'shan progress 24 hours after their kills. They recorded a vod and restreamed those recordings the day after.

I'm gonna ask them if they'll do it again - if they do, I'll put a post on over at Manaflask!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Would it not balance things out, if there was formed some sort of agreement and consensus among the top guild, Method, Vodka, Blood Legion etc. that progression raiding is being streamed, and everyone should do it and thus nullifying the steal others tactics factor a bit, not entirely obviously. I think it's an important step that needs to be taken in increasing the quality of progress raiding and pushing it on to be an exciting eSport (Which I already think it is).
Maybe Blizz could even monitor the raids to make sure no one is using any dodgy tactics, and hand out prizes to the winners of these races and thus increasing their motivation for performing well as a team.

That's just my unfinished, not completely thought through thoughts.
Best of luck to Method, been following those guys and hoping they win since Sunwell.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Since we have a blue around it would be interesting if we could have a way to bring the launch of the raids closer to be simultaneously.
EU is some 16 hours behind US and my guess is that Korea Taiwan that has many significant guilds is aproximately the same or more amount of time behind EU. Especially with short raids, this can be a very significant disadvandage for many at that level and it is sad, because this is a very interesting e sport that many people like to being updated, and several thousands are often watching twitch and other live broadcasts from top guild's tries.

It is an asset for WoW that several thousand people are raiding and especially it is an asset that noumerous guilds can show some top notch performance and people enjoy themselves watching.

P.S i like Landsoul, hope he will continue making those very entertaining twiches :)
P.S. (2) I Have to be with Method on this one, but also like Apex a lot from EU those guys were surprisingly good this tier so far, also i like a lot Vodka from US, Stars from Taiwan and China (Chinese Stars took world no2 clear of HoF 10 HC and barely anybody knows about it :) ) and Scrubusters, especially since some of their members are active in the forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]