Ret Paladin haste cap?

90 Draenei Paladin
Hello guys, im playing a ret pala, going for haste->mastery->crit, and i was wondering if anyone knows what the hardcap or softcap is for haste, currently at 19,40% (8247rating) but i dont know if i can use more haste for faster globals?

-Zachie
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've heard that we don't have a haste cap. But that was past 5.1.. Idk if blizzard did some stealth update and gave us one. Please do tell if you find out that we have a cap :>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'd have thought the cap would be once Crusader Strike was down to a 3.0sec cooldown. So that should be 66.66% haste i beleive.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
after you wrote that the cap might be at 66,66% i looked at the cd whit no gear wich is 4,5sec and then whit my 19,40% wich is then 3,77 so if the haste is gonna be worth the same till a 3,0sec cd is reached i would say it would be 40% but, we're probably gonna pass a softcap and the rating from haste will go down so 66,66% sounds pretty fair to me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There's no haste cap for retribution paladins but as we get more haste the better strenght and mastery will become. I'm at 10.1k close to 10.2k and have no plans of stopping. With Sanctified Wrath you get another hammer of wrath off when you're around 11k haste, after that point I plan to move over to more str + haste gems to even it out but still stay on 11k-ish haste.

And for Crusader Strike to go down to 3 sec CD you need like 200% haste. With my trinket proc I have over 17k haste and that's barely 60% with heroism my haste goes to 90% is and CS cd is still on 3.3sec or so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's no haste cap for retribution paladins but as we get more haste the better strenght and mastery will become. I'm at 10.1k close to 10.2k and have no plans of stopping. With Sanctified Wrath you get another hammer of wrath off when you're around 11k haste, after that point I plan to move over to more str + haste gems to even it out but still stay on 11k-ish haste.

And for Crusader Strike to go down to 3 sec CD you need like 200% haste. With my trinket proc I have over 17k haste and that's barely 60% with heroism my haste goes to 90% is and CS cd is still on 3.3sec or so.

Bear my man, you scoring WoL's with it tho? :P, I believe the haste theory is alot more better than the mastery one but I'm still wondering why alot of people go for the latter. Cba to bother myself with it tho, I'm just curious as I've become rather busy IRL lately.

EDIT: Oh and just so you don't freak out, I'm more or less known to you if you remember under name Täke, maybe? :P
Edited by Huzzaa on 06/12/2012 05:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah.

I got rank 2 ret on Gara'jal and other top 20 - 30 ranks usually, our ranks are hidden though and I don't cheese meters to get higher ranks. On the few bosses (like Gara'jal) where there's not much to cheese meters with I did good compared to other rets.

Stopped public WoL because people in the guild get obsessed with minmaxing and tunnelvisioning whatever gets them higher numbers at the end.

Before 4set T14 you can go mastery and "Zealotry" and get close to the numbers that haste and sanctified wrath rets have. Once you get 4set you should go haste and sanctified wrath, I've seen some rets go for a balanced haste / mastery and stick with "Zealotry" and use Avenging + Zeal at the same time like we did in Cataclysm but I don't like that method :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/12/2012 09:29Posted by ßear
There's no haste cap for retribution paladins but as we get more haste the better strenght and mastery will become.

It's not quite as simple as that. Your L75 talent will make a huge difference in all of this.

According to SimCraft, if you're running with SW as your L75 talent, Strength is better than haste. If you're running with HA, haste will be superior to strength.

And that's a simplified summary from EJ. Your level of gear, buffs and weapon will also greatly affect the outcome of the fight between haste and str. Running SimCraft with your own gear and talents is the best way to figure out which stat is better for you overall.
Edited by Jaghut on 13/12/2012 14:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
quick number crunch shows 11%, 20% and 28%
these points are each a plateau where haste gives an extra hammer of wrath every time we use wings in combination with sanctified wrath.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]