Why do this >.<

90 Human Priest
Blizzard Blizzard Blizzard....

Why? Just WHY?!

Why in the world did you make Main-hand daggers unavailable to X-mog to a One-hand dagger...

Please please please change this back there's so many good Main-hand daggers I wan't to use for X-mog but can't anymore because of this silly change...
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
I thought it has always been this way, I know it has with other one handers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
you can't change something back if it wasn't changed at all,
1hand -> 1hand
Mhand -> Mhand
Ohand ->Ohand
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Not quite true Silent:

Weapon -> Transmog

MH -> MH, 1H
OH -> OH, 1H
1H -> 1H

That's how it works.

The reason behind this is that if you had a one-handed weapon in your main hand, transmogrified it to look like a main-hand weapon, and then moved it into your off-hand, the files do not exist for a skin of the item to be in the off-hand. It's not as simple as just reflecting it, they simply don't have the data for it. I do wish they'd add it in but it'd take an inordinate amount of time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ææèòóéææß

That passes as a name these days?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
02/12/2012 22:39Posted by Gewain
The reason behind this is that if you had a one-handed weapon in your main hand, transmogrified it to look like a main-hand weapon, and then moved it into your off-hand, the files do not exist for a skin of the item to be in the off-hand. It's not as simple as just reflecting it, they simply don't have the data for it. I do wish they'd add it in but it'd take an inordinate amount of time.

Interesting, if that's the case.

Whilst I understand the reasoning behind that for Fist Weapons, why would that be with daggers? Your character uses the same animation no matter what weapon they hold, and the model itself don't change. Surely the weapon can simply be placed in the opposite hand?
Reply Quote
86 Human Rogue
Ææèòóéææß

Certainly not on your server, nah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ææèòóéææß

Sounds like the sound a monkey would make with its nuts trapped in a door...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They are right you can only change the look of a one handed weapon using another one handed weapon and it has always been like this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Recently saw on Twitter that it might get changed in 5.2.

... Yes, twitter <_<
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Why is Blizzard allowing those kind of "names" to exist?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
03/12/2012 09:05Posted by Intern

So that we can easily tell who to avoid, without having to go to the trouble of meeting them and then realizing they're not worth talking to.
Edited by Kiqjaq on 03/12/2012 09:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275533283054465025
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/12/2012 09:08Posted by Kiqjaq

So that we can easily tell who to avoid, without having to go to the trouble of meeting them and then realizing they're not worth talking to.

Thats a good mindset that will surely get you somewhere lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
03/12/2012 09:08Posted by Kiqjaq

seconded.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ææèòóéææß

Why not, it's said exactly how it's spelt.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Forget the OP's name, she has a point. A dagger is a dagger. The limitations due to the sub categories are pretty meaningless because transmogging is purely cosmetic. It's not going to confuse anyone if a player has a OH transmog on their MH. Most players wouldn't even notice.

02/12/2012 22:39Posted by Gewain

I doubt it's about skins because those are only visual properties. I think it would be more likely that the OH/MH weapons have an extra piece of code attached to them forcing them to be only available for equipment in certain weapon slots. Basically the same code that prevents players from equipping their boots in a head slot.

All they need to do really is take off the OH/MH restrictions in the transmog ui. That's it. The more difficult part would be to make sure it stays in that part of the ui and doesn't accidentally transcend to actual gear thus very much changing how players can equip themselves.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
Not quite true Silent:

Weapon -> Transmog

MH -> MH, 1H
OH -> OH, 1H
1H -> 1H

That's how it works.

Not true, my Warrior can wield any weapon she wants in her left hand (well except for polearms and staves) with titan's grip, she is even able to put Dal'Rend's Tribal Guardian and Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge in the "wrong" side if she wants to
Reply Quote
Community
Yup, definitely planning to lift this restriction down the line. As Zarhym said, we're currently hoping it'll make 5.2, but that's not 100% yet. We're working to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations, such as polearms and staves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]