10 years if WoW - only 2 years to go

90 Pandaren Priest
A CoT 5man, scenario or maybe even a solo instance, where you get taken to major events (killing raggy, opening the gates of AQ, fighting illidan, etc) from the timeline and have to do a small quest at each to help a group of adventurers who are fighting there (give them all relevant tier kit, etc).

Rewards of a pet, a mount and/or a title, but the idea of a brief recalling of all the things that've happened would be great fun.
Reply Quote
75 Pandaren Monk
An updated letter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
The awaited WoW movie would be great!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
20/11/2012 12:29Posted by Taioken
An updated letter.

Hahahaaa <3
Reply Quote
Community
20/11/2012 12:21Posted by Suoma
Not a bad idea at all. Let's hear it folks, what kind of stuff would you like to see happen for the game's 10 year anniversary?

Are you Santa Claus?

I wish :-(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Out of world : I would love to see the wow cinema coming out (finally)!
Out of world : The documentary Auros mentioned.

In the realm of possibility:
Ingame: A gingerbread man non-combat pet after completing a low level quest chain.

Quest chain could be about helping out the preparations for the Birthday party.

Outside:
A cake boss where you would have to put out the candles with water (HH style) or tornados (like encounter-spec ability that makes you whirlwind and create one), then each time you damage the boss, you get a piece of cake (unique), and X amount of cake has to be eaten before the boss dies of hungry raiders.
At the end everybody can loot a candle, and can summon a mini-version of the cake as a non-combat pet!
Edited by Swal on 20/11/2012 12:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
A CoT 5man, scenario or maybe even a solo instance, where you get taken to major events (killing raggy, opening the gates of AQ, fighting illidan, etc) from the timeline and have to do a small quest at each to help a group of adventurers who are fighting there (give them all relevant tier kit, etc).

Rewards of a pet, a mount and/or a title, but the idea of a brief recalling of all the things that've happened would be great fun.

This! However, it would be awesome if you could enter the instance with any number of people (up to 40). I understand that not everybody can find so many friends ready for such thing, but if you played 10 years of WoW chances are high that you at least did some raiding. For such an event I would like to team up with all my old school friends and relive some fond memories :). And I would really like to see the option to invite any battle.net friend, regardless of faction, if only for this instance.

Just make the instance in such a way that you will always witness the kill, regardless of the amount of people you join with. E.g. have people partly involved in the fight but make the key elements a bit more scripted. This way, anyone can enjoy the fights with their (old) friends, even if their group is too small or way unbalanced.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
How about an epic world event where Alliance and Horde combine forces?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would be nice to see the devs/admins/Game Master's show up and mass spawn, or an event like when highlord kruul was spawned and the server faction had to work together to defeat it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
cookies
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i'd like a 40 man LFR raid instance - only LFR, as it's a special event, everybody should be able to take part and it shouldn't offer any BiS rewards, but it should offer a lot of special vanity rewards only available through this raid for the duration of the anniversary event.

i'd love to see a good 10-12 boss 40 man raid instance (divided into 2 or 3 LFR's), with bosses plucked from every expansion scaled up to 40 man (blizz would ofc have freedom to choose bosses with mechanics that would scale up to 40 man easily). then depending on the boss, they could drop full/partial transmog sets from their past tier, epic battle pets and an assortment of raid drop mounts.

i think a 10 year anniversary is the perfect opportunity to make a 1 time special edition 40 man raid that only drops vanity stuff as a throwback to the roots of the game, whilst yet embracing the changes made along the way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
- Permaban IP ban account delete ALL kinde of Bots
- Fixed PvP
- Tank classes that arent broken in BGs and World PvP
- Updated Outland
- Mages to be the Underdog class in pvp For once.
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Rogue
20/11/2012 11:48Posted by Vaneras
as we all are painfully aware, time flies!

Time flies indeed... I remember it as only yesterday when I joined the World of Warcraft community :-)

Now is the time for us to already give out ideas to blizzard about what we would love to see for that huge milestone. Reason is quite simple, creating events, items, whatever takes time and now we still have.

So give your ideas, spread your love.

Not a bad idea at all. Let's hear it folks, what kind of stuff would you like to see happen for the game's 10 year anniversary?
haha i remembert seeing u join this forum.. with that undead guy..

then later that goblin guy joined too.. sorry i forgot their names D:
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Rogue
20/11/2012 12:31Posted by Brexour
The awaited WoW movie would be great!
i kinda feel thats late to do now.. they should have done it back in 2005-2007
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
CR
A world event for 2 weeks. Doesnt have to do anything with the theme of whatever expansion we are in during the 10 years anniversary.

But somehow someone caused a disruption in the timeline and accidently opened a gate for all the great villains and their minions to enter our current timeline and cause chaos, and we, the heroes, are send to stop them and send them back to the timelines they came from. As a reward we can get maybe some cool tabard and iconic vanity items related to all the old villains! (Think of Illidan, the Lich King, Deathwing, Nefarian, Onyxia, Kael'thas, etc etc. A band of old Villians!)

How cool would that be?

PS: That actually reminded me of that movie of Dragon Ball Z where where all the villains that were once defeated in the series managed to escape Hell and attack earth once again, this time all the villains together.
Edited by Rocheku on 20/11/2012 13:55 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10. year surprise buff pve hunters, only 2 years left :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Vanilla servers!!! ...

Blah i know it's never gonna happen, but what about a massive 4-5 week event where we can enjoy all content from each expansion again each for one week, like raiding vanilla dungeons in week one, BC in week 2 etc. That would be amazing!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
20/11/2012 12:21Posted by Suoma

Are you Santa Claus?

Sorry for ruining your life but Santa is not real.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
2 week long world event. All kinds of stuff to be obtained like pet, mount, tabard etc. maybe some special vanity items . dunno, something like that.
also

Alterac Valley remade:

New Quests for Pvers, new battles for PvPers, new rewards, tabards, titles, mounts...

Alterac Valley was the one BG i liked the most, but now it is unplayable.... ;-(

please, remake AV to resemble of what it was back in vanilla EXECPT that it would be WG/TB kind of bg where gear is scaled in a way that it doesn't matter. lots of mobs, players, maybe a vechile or two (catapults and ballistas) at strategic places, rewards for both pve and pvp players.
would be awesome "long-term" 10th anniversary thing.
Reply Quote
Lvl 100 Onyxia raid
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]