Remove all knock backs from arena.

90 Human Death Knight
Having multi level PVP maps AND knockbacks in a PVP environment where players can be killed in a matter of seconds is just plain stupid. This is a massive problem with arena right now and i know Blizzard and many other game developers love an easy fix, the easiest solution, while probably not fair spec dependent, is to remove it from everybody, aside from that here is my opinion:

Demo Locks - Fine without it.
Hunters - Fine without it.
Resto Druids - Fine without it.
Balanced Druids - May need some compensation.
Elemental Shaman - Do need some compensation.

There is no need for any form of constructive response to this type of question, but just for you people that think there is, here is a little..

In blade's edge arena the time it takes for most melee to get back upstairs and on a target while snared, is not much less then the cooldown on knock-backs, now let's include the VERY high possibility of a second player with a knock back being in the team... see where i'm going here?
Edited by Necrøtic on 29/11/2012 20:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
+1
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
defo +1
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
+1
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
+1
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
+1
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
+1
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Petition posts are frowned upon and +1 or -1 isn't very constructive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
+1

29/11/2012 18:28Posted by Bensinstopp
Petition posts are frowned upon and +1 or -1 isn't very constructive.

Consructive? Being knocked out in bladesedge or dalaran is absolutely gamebreaking.
Edited by Nikøla on 29/11/2012 18:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
29/11/2012 18:28Posted by Nikøla
Consructive? Being knocked out in bladesedge or dalaran is absolutely gamebreaking.

Agree with that
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
+1 but some classes need a compensation, ele shaman.
Reply Quote
Community
Ok, it seems like there are a fair few people giving the ol' "+1" to this topic and while it is nice to see who agrees and disagrees, it does not give any insightful or useful feedback as to why you feel that knockbacks in arena are a bad thing. Try to elaborate on why you feel that knockbacks are not beneficial or cool for arena, simply making the post "+1" does not give us any knowledge on why you want it to stay or go. Go as in-depth with your reasoning as possible! :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
29/11/2012 18:33Posted by Xøan
but some classes need a compensation, ele shaman.

u forgot balance druids
Edited by Soku on 29/11/2012 18:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
EDIT: I appreciate you have a responsibility in asking for constructive information Nakatoir but there's really no need in this situation, everybody knows the reasoning behind it, with the number of short CD knock backs in MoP and since i have no power in people's decision to +1/-1 or make a comment, i feel this thread is fine to continue as normal, thanks.
Edited by Necrøtic on 29/11/2012 18:49 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I cannot see the reason why change the spells and not the current burst.

I am unsubscribing due to that and due to insane grind since, as plenty i guess do not live in a basement. Its defo not due to knockbacks. Knockbacks for certain specs is amongst the very few defenses they have.
Edited by Rynandor on 29/11/2012 18:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Basicly: All the knockbacks and to some extend the "portals" (including mine as a monk) make the layout of the arena the only thing that matter. On arena's where I can teleport back "up" to a safe spot, melee doesnt stand a chance, same goes for knockbacks. And it aint easy being melee as it is.

I wanna win cause im better - not because of the map layout or class balance - some maps dps are free to train ya 24/7, while others they'd be lucky to have 5sec uptime on you every minut - how can ya balance classes, when the layout of the arena makes it so that some classes are just OP'ed on some maps and useless on others.

Warriors are a cakewalk as a monk healer on some maps, and absolutely impossible on others. Immune to stun after charge, teleport back = profit if ya can get to safety so its fair on those map that they can kill ya in 3sec (cause you played bad if they get 3 sec) on others its impossible to get away so the fact they can kill ya so fast is unbalanced.

Class balance is hard enough without knockbacks (and pulls) and its an area where almost 100% of the pvp community agree that the game falls short.
Reply Quote
Community
There is no need for any form of constructive response to this type of question, but just for you and anybody that thinks there is, here is a little..

In blade's edge arena the time it takes for most melee to get back upstairs and on a target while snared, is not much less then the cooldown on knock-backs, now let's include the VERY high possibility of a second player with a knock back being in the team... see where i'm going here?

EDIT: I appreciate you have a responsibility in asking for constructive information Nakatoir but there's really no need in this situation, everybody knows the reasoning behind it, with the number of short CD knock backs in MoP and since i have no power in people's decision to +1/-1 or make a comment, i feel this thread is fine to continue as normal, thanks.
I understand that you have no power to influence the way in which players reply to your thread, but do understand that petition threads do not give any useful feedback for the developers.

Please discuss why you feel that knockback abilities should stay or be removed from arena, do not simply give a "+1" or "-1" as a response. An in-depth discussion with reasoning and debate generates much more beneficial feedback for the developers and displays the opinions of players in a more detailed and comprehensive manner.

To quote the forum guidelines: "These are discussion forums, and as such we ask that you hold discussions. Creating a thread to ask for replies as votes is not a discussion. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]