Let's get rid of the 10 minute stat debuff on ress

90 Night Elf Druid
look at all those terrible people ITT who demand the freedom of sucking so much that dying to mobs like absolute noobs in inaccessible areas shouldn't penalize them

jfc just don't die problem solved
if you can't avoid dying uninstall the game and get a subscription to hello kitty online instead tia
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
look at all those terrible people ITT who demand the freedom of sucking so much that dying to mobs like absolute noobs in inaccessible areas shouldn't penalize them

jfc just don't die problem solved
if you can't avoid dying uninstall the game and get a subscription to hello kitty online instead tia

Oh wow, someone bright seems to be joining the discussion.

Eitherway, maybe it wasn't completely clear from my starting post. But the thing that really has to go is the 10 minutes ress sickness. It's old game design and imo something else should come in place...what, lets discuss about that! :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The death of a character should be something important, the death penalty is there to make sure players don’t disregard it, in my opinion it’s actually already too easy and too fast to resurrect.
It’s because of the penalty and the lost time when doing a corpse run, that players will be more cautious about their character.
If you decide to resurrect at the spirit healer, it’s because either your character died in a very weird place (and you should be more careful), or you just don’t want to corpse run.

I think we should all be glad that there’s no experience loss as death penalty, that would probably be a bit too harsh, but I do think we need something to keep death from being meaningless.

We’re always open to good and new ideas of what that might be; as long as it’s not “removal of the death penalty”, feel free to chip in ;)

Yes we should be fearfull of death and do our utter most to avoid being killed.

But is very hard to escape death when your raid is going to wipe.

Perhaps make it so a distance of 150yd from the boss starting area will take you out of combat. It is quite hard to run away from a boss when you're far inside a raid dungeon.

Hmm... makes me wonder; why did they remove divine intervetion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
26/11/2012 15:47Posted by Taepsilum
We’re always open to good and new ideas of what that might be; as long as it’s not “removal of the death penalty”, feel free to chip in ;)

Lets do what Legend of Mir did with regards to the death penalty.. chance of dropping your stuff/gear on death! :P
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Nitpicking, but I think this should've been named something like get rid of ress sickness or get rid of the penalty for dying.
The death penalty is something completely different.
Don't confuse the two.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
If you decide to resurrect at the spirit healer, it’s because either your character died in a very weird place (and you should be more careful), or you just don’t want to corpse run.

would be alright if glyphs were not bugged and we could maybe save ourselfs from dying from height (glyph of falling meteor) supposed to stop u dying from impact seemiingly just a faster way to kill yourself.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
I'm pleased, but also kind of amazed to see the title change. :-)

\o/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Death Cab Inc?

Spirit healers charge the equivalent of a full repair to teleport you back to your corpse? ;)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I am too stupid to stay on my flying mount.
I always die because I use some sort of stupid keybind like shadowstep that mounts me up for no reason. I can press all the other buttons just fine, only ss dismounting me.
That's why I rolled engi in the long run. Just to stay alive.

This actually happens to many people. Just make a macro like this:

/cast [noflying] INSERTSPELL HERE

or if you have a lot of stuff in your macro you can add at the beggining:

/stopmacro [flying]
/cast INSERTSPELLHERE
etc
etc
etc

If you are flying the spell won't trigger. You can replace [flying]/[noflying] with [mounted]/[nomounted] to achieve the same effect but it wiil also work on ground mounts.

On topic:
The only thing that annoys me with the death system is when I get lost while dead XD. Going back for the spirit healer is even more annoying.
It would be cool if the spirit healer add an option to "Take me there".
It would work like an automatic vehicle. It would be slower than if you already knew the way (it wouldn't cross-country).
If you were in an instance it wouldn't drop you inside, but at he door.
To prevent afking while the spirit healer is taking you to your corpse, he (she?) would automatically release you (now, that would be hilarious to be dropped again on a cliff XD).
You could always exit the vehicle and take control again.

Don't know if technically would be possible, but here are my 2 cents.
(Sorry for the bad english)
Reply Quote
2 Orc Shaman
The death of a character should be something important, the death penalty is there to make sure players don’t disregard it, in my opinion it’s actually already too easy and too fast to resurrect.It’s because of the penalty and the lost time when doing a corpse run, that players will be more cautious about their character. If you decide to resurrect at the spirit healer, it’s because either your character died in a very weird place (and you should be more careful), or you just don’t want to corpse run.I think we should all be glad that there’s no experience loss as death penalty, that would probably be a bit too harsh, but I do think we need something to keep death from being meaningless.We’re always open to good and new ideas of what that might be; as long as it’s not “removal of the death penalty”, feel free to chip in ;)

Agree 100 % great solution we are all thankfull for .
To the guys that find this anoying do as i do and log out and go play other fun game .
MMO's and other games enough these days no need to sit there and stair at a useless carracter for 10 min or 30min with other penalty's.Really there is no chain keeping you from leaving.
Edited by Spoenk on 26/11/2012 23:05 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
The death of a character should be something important, the death penalty is there to make sure players don’t disregard it, in my opinion it’s actually already too easy and too fast to resurrect.
It’s because of the penalty and the lost time when doing a corpse run, that players will be more cautious about their character.

Your icon looks like it's doing a corpse run already :P
Reply Quote
no experience loss as death penalty

Woah that would be cool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I think we should all be glad that there’s no experience loss as death penalty, that would probably be a bit too harsh, but I do think we need something to keep death from being meaningless.

Here is an idea, STOP IT WITH THE SPOTS WHERE THERE IS NO GROUND ACCESS TO YOUR BODY
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Or simply bring back the flying gryphons like in Icecrown and some Cata zones...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
All it seems to do in my opinion is get new players into trouble/kicked from groups. When running low dungeons on alts theres more often than not somebody that resses at the spirit healer as they don't know whats going on (not helped by the fact that LFG can port you to a dungeon in a zone you've never been to before - but thats a different issue) and then get a load of abuse and kicked from the group.

I can't remember the last time I ressed at a spirit healer and thats not based on the stat debuff, its the durability that puts me off.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Being corpse camped by someone in full pvp gear and/or higher level than you is my only grip with the death system. You shouldn't be punished for someone being better skilled or equiped time after time. (I get pvp world combat means world pvp, but theres a point where it goes too far)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

You don't play on a pvp server do you?

With 5.1 incomming, players will be corpsecamped by groups for easy gains. You already pensalize them by resurrecting unbuffed and with half health and mana. It's perfectly fine to add a 2+ min ressurection timer on that as well. After all, it deters the others from corpsecamping him for having to wait so long to !@#$%^-* him 5vs1 right?

You've put rare and elite mobs on cliffs in heavily trafficced area's, give them abilities that practically 1shot players and then you dare begin about claiming people are careless... Should we not engage these creatures as you might risk dying and for this to be meaningful, you can't reach your body?
You neglect to fix void spots in nethers which people can fly over. Obviously we should be more careful where we fly. After all flying the routes is so much fun that it'd be impossible to imagine players would simply aim their character towards a certain destination and occasionally check if he reached it while doing something else.
Players fall through the world, usually through no fault of their own and are unable to res as their corpse is in the limbo, so they should just wait the small 5-10 days response time from a gm to have their corpse recovered. After all they were seriously at fault for managing to find that hole in the world. Too impatient to wait, WHAM have this penalty for daring to talk to that spirit healer.

Resurrecting at the spirit healer for most players means that they simply cannot cope with the situation they are in. They are unable to reach their body or even moderately able to recover where they died. Penalizing them for their carelessness is one thing, but smashing them in the face with a massive nerf for 10 minutes, effectively making the game unplayable as well as having it persist through both death and being logged out is just absurd. Last I checked we were supposed to have fun while playing. I'm very, and I mean very curious what you feel players should do in those 10 minutes that they're forced to be logged in for while under the effect of resurrection sickness, just so you people can have the delusion of a meaningful penalty.

You nerf extremely long cooldowns on classes because spells should be fun to use.
You add minigames, daily quests, dungeons, raids, heck... the whole game along with all it's awesomeness and beautiful art and then you tell them they can't use 99% of it for 10 minutes because we realise you were in a unfortunate situation so we'll kick you in the face a bit more. It's only 10 minutes after all. What's 10 minutes on a lifetime or even a day? Neglectable provided people could play all day or all their life. But if you're down to playing an hour or two hours a day and then suddenly find yourself losing a fair chunk because you died to a glitch which might not even have been your fault.

I suppose our definition of both fun and meaningful differs.
Not fixing certain bugs which have low priority is perfectly acceptable and you'll never find me complaining about that either.
Penalizing a player for making a mistake is also fine. I do agree a death should be meaningful and people should be striving to avoid them. But telling a player he cannot do anything meaningful in the game for making a mistake is just cruel, brutal and rude.
Reply Quote
2 Pandaren Hunter
Lose Ress Sickness and introduce UO's old Corpse Loot .. while your running back, give your 'team mates' a chance to pilfer your belongings ;-)
Reply Quote
i know let them fix so that once you reach the last attack that would kill you let make so that you get one hp and a aoe burst out making the enemy be stunned for 30 sec so that you can run away and heal youself that way no more death....!@#$ing stupid idea ever.....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Lets not...please, you re not playing this game alone.
You might feel like putting auto run on and falling off cliffs, or stuck in the deepest slippery slope, or even rush into thick packs of mobs, looking in the mini map for herbs or minerals. Those things shouldnt happen, the survival of your character should be importand and the corpse run outside raiding should be once a week at tops. And inside raiding the class abilities combined with mass rez removes the penalty once every second wipe.

"I dont wanna be forced to corpse run".
The new trend of the "i don't wanna be players."

Ty for "thinking" of the entire playebase suggesting more "convenience".
I will pass. The taste of the game is watered down enough.
Edited by Lorac on 27/11/2012 07:14 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]