Let's get rid of the 10 minute stat debuff on ress

90 Goblin Hunter
TBH I think the current system is fine. Although i would agree that if you cannot get to your corpse then you should not have to take a hit.

So i would suggest being able to float up hills and over gaps (please note.. NOT fly) would resolve things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I dont really mind the rez sickness, but I do mind when I'm forced to take it because my corpse is on top of a mountain and it's my only option. I dont see why ghost flying shouldnt be allowed. If blizz are worried it'll mean players wont have long enough to reflect on our idiocy of dying in a stupid way by having to run around for 5 minutes, then dont necessarily make flying faster. No one says ghost flying has to be faster, just give us the ability to do so, so we can actually get to our awkwardly placed corpses. That way, we'll still have a sort of time penalty.
Reply Quote
The current system is fine, stop complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
if you die somewhere a top of a mountain or in some completely remote area and can not corpse run, you deserve to wait 10 minutes and pay few golds for repairs, curiosity killed the cat you know :)
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
yeah just add exp loss instead so you have some use for exp after you reach level cap.
Reply Quote
Enterning arena should remove ress sick
Reply Quote
7 Pandaren Monk
If u died , u did something wrong , and the feature isnt there to Punish u.
Something has to be in place to prevent pple being totally careless.

The difficulty on questing is already depressingly low.
So this feature isnt outdated at all, it is nowadays more needed than ever.

The 1 thing that prevents players playing AFK/Bot-style.

The very thought that questzones would be just as infected with bots just like in random bgs is
horrible.
Reply Quote
1st - give back or increase the death running speed (The Quick and the Dead Guild Perk). it hurt no one, benefited everyone, and was a good quality of life perk. Cant really say "it was an unintentional feature" or "it was a bug" as it was in the game for an entire expansion (4.03 to 5.05 (I think)) you also cant really state that it was to stop people zerging world bosses (this happens anyway) all you really did was rip the guts out of a perfectly good talent. if we can have it back as 100%, how about 50% or 75% ?

I once slipped on the edge of the howling fjord, in howling fjord, and I got stuck on a little cliff. When I tried ressing, I was so fast my character ghost glided double the distance of my original, fatal jump. I had to rezz at spirit healer, then I had to Hearthstone, then I had to take the zeppelin back, then I'd start corpse-running again. I say remove speed increase while falling!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
The very thought that questzones would be just as infected with bots just like in random bgs is horrible.

You mean they're not? Look again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
The death of a character should be something important, the death penalty is there to make sure players don’t disregard it, in my opinion it’s actually already too easy and too fast to resurrect.
It’s because of the penalty and the lost time when doing a corpse run, that players will be more cautious about their character.
If you decide to resurrect at the spirit healer, it’s because either your character died in a very weird place (and you should be more careful), or you just don’t want to corpse run.

I think we should all be glad that there’s no experience loss as death penalty, that would probably be a bit too harsh, but I do think we need something to keep death from being meaningless.

We’re always open to good and new ideas of what that might be; as long as it’s not “removal of the death penalty”, feel free to chip in ;)

To be honest, a lot (I don't dare to say 'most' out loud) of graveyard ressurections in world is done because of bugs. I've had my corpse in unreachable places (for example because I got suddenly dismounted and fell to an unreachable place - be it a terrain anomaly or a simple tree, or because it fell thru a texture) several times.

Also, from your post I have an impression that you think dying should have negative consequences (and I do agree). But as of this moment, dying in PvP is very often beneficial - a free teleport AND mana restoration. (when my main was a healer, I oft found myself wishing for a death because there was an ongoing fight near a graveyard and I had no mana)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Lets say you are in Goldshire attacking some hordes, You kill them with some other players and they just Insta ress + heal before you even can get away, though i think it should get down to 3-5 min debuff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
i olso agree that you should be able to reach your corpse anywhere at any time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
26/11/2012 15:47Posted by Taepsilum
it’s actually already too easy and too fast to resurrect.

this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
28/11/2012 07:26Posted by Eugh
I once slipped on the edge of the howling fjord, in howling fjord, and I got stuck on a little cliff. When I tried ressing, I was so fast my character ghost glided double the distance of my original, fatal jump. I had to rezz at spirit healer, then I had to Hearthstone, then I had to take the zeppelin back, then I'd start corpse-running again. I say remove speed increase while falling!

I once slipped on the edge of the howling fjord

I once slipped

once
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Implying people still die in world of casualcraft
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Hunter
28/11/2012 14:58Posted by Deathxhunter
Lets say you are in Goldshire attacking some hordes, You kill them with some other players and they just Insta ress + heal before you even can get away, though i think it should get down to 3-5 min debuff.

Either way, they have to get back to where you are. By running back to their body or by ressing and coming back. You can't say about mount speed after ressing because spirit run is faster than normal run anyway, (also you can run across water too instead of having to swim or go around it), by the time you've summoned a mount and got back it's really no faster than spirit running back.

So they spirit run back, pop a mana pot if they need to and a health pot and they're back in the fight with no penalty. Takes all of 1 minute tops, most of that spent running back and chances are, you're still fighting the other players. I really don't see how ressing at the graveyard would make any difference apart from saving them a couple of pots.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree to the fact that people with ress sickness should not be able to queue for a dungeon / raid / battleground or scenario and when they choose to ress at a spirit healer while in a instance that they should be removed from the group.

Furthermore i think that ressing at a spirit healer should be more severe. Maybe remove the speed increasement from mounts for 10 minutes? Or a showable debuff on the character itself, like a big L floating above their heads or a sad smiley. Something like that. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]