Oqueue

90 Human Mage
The New addon by solidice, "Oqueue" Is great!! It really gaved me more reason to play this game!

So, please Blizz, make that addon work!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The New addon by solidice, "Oqueue" Is great!! It really gaved me more reason to play this game!

So, please Blizz, make that addon work!!

^^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Agreed it makes my eyes bleed seeing bots, plus this promotes people to make rated bg groups once they have played and put a team together via bgs.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
it works an can be found at curse.com
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
29/11/2012 20:29Posted by Slick
plus this promotes people to make rated bg groups once they have played and put a team together via bgs.

Hahahaha yeah rightio. All it encourages is the new wave of premade against unorganized groups. In other words, cheating.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Rly? That's what you went with? "Cheating"? Either you're out your mind, or else you just started playing the game.... Either way, the game is currently filled with bots, and right now winning a bg is about who has the least of 'em. This addon takes care of that, so sort your life out.
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
12/12/2012 01:50Posted by Manís
Rly? That's what you went with? "Cheating"? Either you're out your mind, or else you just started playing the game.... Either way, the game is currently filled with bots, and right now winning a bg is about who has the least of 'em. This addon takes care of that, so sort your life out

No it doesn't. It just matches organised groups up against unorganised groups. You are circumventing group limits with an addon. That is called cheating yes. If you dont want to play with bots go do RBG's.
Edited by Keg on 12/12/2012 05:03 GMT
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
12/12/2012 05:02Posted by Keg
No it doesn't. It just matches organised groups up against unorganised groups. You are circumventing group limits with an addon. That is called cheating yes. If you dont want to play with bots go do RBG's.

You must be new here.

Going as a group of 5 into a random BG is not circumventing any limits. Going as a group of more than 5, is, but it still isn't cheating, and is not bannable.
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
12/12/2012 05:17Posted by Zakkar
Going as a group of 5 into a random BG is not circumventing any limits. Going as a group of more than 5, is, but it still isn't cheating, and is not bannable.

Agreed. But if you are going in as a group of five only how does that gaurentee no bots in your team?

12/12/2012 05:17Posted by Zakkar
Going as a group of more than 5, is, but it still isn't cheating, and is not bannable.

We shall see about that. Blizzards stance is that 5 is the max. So if you are using addons to circumvent this then yes, its cheating. Im not sure how you can think any differently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not cheating, but it's unjust to the other team and perhaps you who support this addon have not been GY camped by premades. Anyway, I see that people do not care about other players but only care to make their own playing experience good. Which is an usual human behavior, but that's why Blizzard takes action against this, and will probably continue doing so.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
12/12/2012 06:28Posted by Keg
We shall see about that. Blizzards stance is that 5 is the max. So if you are using addons to circumvent this then yes, its cheating. Im not sure how you can think any differently.

And if I am doing that without using any add-ons, like everybody else does now since Blizzard protected a certain API call?

Nah, lost cause. Premades are here to stay, sorry.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

The maximum the addon allows is 5 people premade, so I see no problems there.

It's just the same as finding 4 friends, group and do a random bg.
And since blizzard allows this (and it shouldn't imho, because a 5 people premade can make a big difference everywhere, except isle or av-no premades at all should be allowed, just everyone join solo and see what happens), it's completely legit.

Now, the addon is GREAT because people like me who work or do not have friends who like to pvp can find others who don't want their liver to be ruined by running random bgs alone with strangers dressed in greens, bots and bads. Set a filter for rating, resilience, level range and you can run a custom premade for a bg, rated bg, dungeon, scenario or even raid if you wish.

Let me repeat: the maximum who can queue for a random bg since last patch is 5. No more than one group.

The only thing I don't like about it is that not many people are using it and you usually find only 2-3 premades active, especially during evenings. Weekends busier though

Edit: moreover, I don't know where you read it, but it never existed a filter by blizzard making premades battle only other premades in random bg. I know it well cause I have been farmed for years by german premades on my old realm.
Edited by Eluzai on 12/12/2012 08:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

The only thing OQueue does is get people from different realms in connection. If I would want to do what the addon did, but just on my realm I'd simply create 2 groups of 5 players, make sure we queue for the same jig, and at the same time. If both queues pop at the exact same time, you join, if not, you don't. All the addon does is empower the party leader with the ability to block people from entering(Not really, because the button it shows isn't the real button, it's just a slash command that will work if your leader says it should. You could still enter the normal way by right clicking on the BG queue minimap icon).

This addon is in NO way cheating or loopholing stuff, because it is blizzard their own flawed queue system that allows them to join with 2(or more) groups.

Also, I kindly request everyone to back off with the "if you want to do premades, do RBG" argument, because it is NOT the same. People use OQueue for the primary reason it was made, to avoid queueing up with bots, and to properly farm honour points. RBGs don't enable you to properly farm honour points, because you need the gear you're farming for to begin with it.

/rantover and /thread
Reply Quote
67 Dwarf Hunter
12/12/2012 10:25Posted by Miraine
The only thing OQueue does is get people from different realms in connection. If I would want to do what the addon did, but just on my realm I'd simply create 2 groups of 5 players, make sure we queue for the same jig, and at the same time. If both queues pop at the exact same time, you join, if not, you don't

This is fine. Using an addon to replicate it isn't.

Also, I kindly request everyone to back off with the "if you want to do premades, do RBG" argument, because it is NOT the same.

Er no. If all you was concerned about was not running into bots thats exactly what you would do.

People use OQueue for the primary reason it was made, to avoid queueing up with bots

How can you in a five man group?

and to properly farm honour points

Annnnnd there it is. You are just using it to game the system and gain an unfair advantage against disorganized groups. Cheating.

/thread
Reply Quote
This has been talked about at length here
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7350535498?page=2
Edited by Risin on 13/12/2012 02:13 GMT
Reply Quote
I like the concept as much as I hat botters. but it can be exploited, also Its set to announce who quits a BG.

If it was permitted by Blizzard then who's to say who gets on the " Ban List "
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
Blizzard wants you to play with bots, after all they're precious paying customers, so they had to break oQueue.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
13/12/2012 06:51Posted by Seriousxoxo
Blizzard wants you to play with bots, after all they're precious paying customers, so they had to break oQueue.

This.
If there was no bots there would be no oQueue. It's totally acceptable to Bot in battle grounds but totally unacceptable to join with more than 5 people unless playing rated.

It must be acceptable as nothing seems to be done about the bots, even reading their forum shows that only a small percentage get banned for 3 hours, even less for 3 days. Just show us 1 thing that blizzard are doing against the bots.... just 1!

oQueue is a great addon, but it shouldn't be a requirement to enjoy Battle Grounds with people. Sadly at the moment, it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Oqueue wasnt broken because Blizzard want us to play with bots. It was broken because people kept crying about premades, and how unfair it is that other people have friends on an MMO and how premades use tactics which isnt fair when Bgs are meant to be about running around headlessly...and other arguments that Blizzard decided to act on.

Interestingly enough, Oqueue was a great way to meet up with new people and find new friends, so even if you didnt have anyone to BG with, provided you werent a particularly disagreeable person, you could have used the addon and gotten people to BG with in semi-permanent teams.

Eventually, all the real players would play together in premades, while bots would play alone (presuming Blizzard doesnt do anything about them). But it seemed that the short term goal of crying about getting spanked by a premade was given precedence over the long term goal of PvP without bots, whiners, defeatists and other people you dont wanna BG with.

Still a little sad that people rather than invest minimal effort into communicating with players around them put effort into ruining other peoples fun. =(
Edited by Shágon on 13/12/2012 17:28 GMT
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
13/12/2012 17:26Posted by Shágon
Oqueue wasnt broken because Blizzard want us to play with bots. It was broken because people kept crying about premades, and how unfair it is that other people have friends on an MMO and how premades use tactics which isnt fair when Bgs are meant to be about running around headlessly...and other arguments that Blizzard decided to act on.

Yet Blizzard didn't care much when people were crying before about HK premads and preform AV enabler. Not only that, I recall they were saying it's not possible to break such addon. Yet they broke oQueue within, like, 3 days?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]