Resilience and duration of Crowd Control mechanics

90 Human Monk
Honestly they should just remove all instant cast mechanics such as lock instant fear, pom rof/poly/ns hex/ns cyclone etc

ns hex and ns cyclone can stay though, but mainly the problem is as a healer if you show your face you will get an instant cc in your face that you can't avoid and this is so annoying.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
Psyfiend just needs a simple fix, should only be able to fear you once. At the moment you can trinket/dispel the first fear, try to cast something jk feared again.. try to cast again jk feared the 3rd time.

Feral cyclone needs to put the feral back out in caster form, and have a cd.

Ring of frost shouldn't work with PoM, fixed.

Bloodfear needs to be removed, there's no way for this spell to be balanced. Fear should be casted.

Blinding light needs a cast time or cost 3 holy power, or both!

There, I just fixed a few.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
CC is great.
Team 1 just rush forward, doesn't care about positioning. Now the opposing team is staying defensive. Oh look team 1's healer just got into 20yd of the enemy warlock, and the warlock was allowed to cast fear.

With a 4 second fear, do you then expect the other team to kill someone in that? (more burst) or you don't want either of the teams to win through superior positioning?

Without CC burst has to be big enough to global people if one team can queue up their CDs.

Yes there is the other subject of instant CCs also removing positioning.
Reply Quote
23 Human Paladin
They could also up the base resillience by 5% and increase resillience scaling so not everyone just pumps his secondary gems etc into PVP power (resulting in slower games).
Reply Quote
5 Human Paladin
23/11/2012 12:54Posted by Nakatoir
So we are not against making changes to how CC works in PvP right now, we are simply content with how it works at the moment. We fully understand that there are some players that are frustrated by CC right now and if you have thoughts or feedback on the topic, feel free to discuss it here.

Blizzard changing something regarding PvP, that they are content about, for the sake of listening to the community? We must be from different universes. That is about the craziest thing I've ever heard. Forgive my reaction, but I don't think it's gonna happen in a billion years from now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't know if I'm allowed to mention this ..however, I for one really liked the CC mechanic of Swtor.

For those unfamiliar: You have a "resolve" bar that gradually fills up as you are CC'd.
Once it is completely filled up, it changes it's color and starts to drain slowly - I think over ten seconds, but I might be mistaken.
During those 10 seconds you are immune to any kind of cc. Any kind of CC will fill up the bar, however different CCs will fill up different amounts. The amount filled up is also dependant on the duration of the CC.
This bar is also displayed on enemy players, beneath the health/energy bars, so you always know whether someone is immune or how long he has to go to immune and when exactly immune will end.

Now what this did was reward well timed and coordinated CC while it punished CC spam because if three people CCd a target at the same time that would most probably fill up their bar and allow them to use their 2min CD get-out-of-cc ability (which every class has as an inbuilt skill) and be immune for the next 10sec.

Obviously such a large change will be out of the question for WoW..
But I just really liked that system and thought I'd share.

*edit*

Should have read the whole thread, someone already posted this on the first page :)

Also, apparently it's 8sec of immunity.
Edited by Canaan on 23/11/2012 13:54 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
23/11/2012 13:49Posted by Canaan
I don't know if I'm allowed to mention this ..however, I for one really liked the CC mechanic of Swtor.

Tread is barely 2 pages and you didn't even bother to read page 1 through?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967567386?page=1#11

:|
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I actually thought I had, but the blue posts must have magically absorbed my attention or something :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
here 2 ideas how to improve the cc-situation:

1) add a 5 second cc-immunity to trinket after use (against stuns, ccs, etc).

or/and

2) resistances. they were in wow earlier but they were not that importent. why not give a "cc-resistance" which people could reforge or gem for. that way you have various opportunities:
- you could make "anti-cc" builds with reforging + geming for less cc...of course you sacrifice damage to do so
- can go pure dmg, standard-ccs as it is now
- mix it as you wish (half anti-cc and half dmg).
Reply Quote
23/11/2012 12:41Posted by Nakatoir
Say a Human Warrior (purely theoretical) that stacks PvP power and is using Titan's Grip, they can get approximately 61% PvP power and they face someone just getting into PvP having only 40% resilience.

But PvP power bonus on weapons is unique, isn't it?

On topic: tying CC duration to PvP res/power will, if nothing else, make PvP power even more of a 'no-brainer' stat.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Getting feedback from people who don't have the slightest clue how arena works. No wonder no changes happen.
I'll tell you how to fix CC. Remove instant fear from the game except the old school priest and warlock instant aoe fears. Make them break on damage(taking 100k in a fear without breaking... cmon, or taking damage in ROF to 50% into full deep freeze). Remove talents/glyphs or passive mechanics making your breakable CC clear dots on the target so people using their CC ability actualy put thought into it not spamming it around on targets who are not on DR. And seriously make CC break on damage easier.
Reply Quote
23/11/2012 13:33Posted by Tublat
Bloodfear needs to be removed, there's no way for this spell to be balanced. Fear should be casted.

Why? Priest fear has always been instant while also being aoe and having cd just like Bloodfear.
Mortail Coil (previously Death Coil) was instant and was also a horror effect (has less counters) and didn't even break on damage.

Bloodfear is outrageous because its cd is almost the same as its duration, which allows you to chain-fear enemy just as you could with normal Fear, but without having to cast. Reduce its duration to 5-6sec or better increase its cooldown to 15-25 sec and there you have it - a solid tradeoff. Might even remove the 10% hp cost after that.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
23/11/2012 14:16Posted by Бротато

Why? Priest fear has always been instant while also being aoe and having cd just like Bloodfear.
Mortail Coil (previously Death Coil) was instant and was also a horror effect (has less counters) and didn't even break on damage.

Bloodfear is outrageous because its cd is almost the same as its duration, which allows you to chain-fear enemy just as you could with normal Fear, but without having to cast. Reduce its duration to 5-6sec or better increase its cooldown to 15-25 sec and there you have it - a solid tradeoff. Might even remove the 10% hp cost after that.

The priest fear requires the priest to be in melee range and has a longer cd, bloodfear is 40yards iirc, 10sec cd & your positioning doesn't matter.

Getting feedback from people who don't have the slightest clue how arena works. No wonder no changes happen.
I'll tell you how to fix CC. Remove instant fear from the game except the old school priest and warlock instant aoe fears. Make them break on damage(taking 100k in a fear without breaking... cmon, or taking damage in ROF to 50% into full deep freeze). Remove talents/glyphs or passive mechanics making your breakable CC clear dots on the target so people using their CC ability actualy put thought into it not spamming it around on targets who are not on DR. And seriously make CC break on damage easier.

Agree with this guy, fix fear etc not breaking on dmg.

And glyphs/talents making your CC remove dots should be removed.
Reply Quote
The priest fear requires the priest to be in melee range and has a longer cd, bloodfear is 40yards iirc, 10sec cd & your positioning doesn't matter.

That's why I suggested longer cd.
Range could be reduced to 30yd, or Bloodfear could use "run in fear" component, causing target to tremble in place like Intimidating Shout's main target component.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
CC right now is broken.

It's so frustrating to sit in instant CC's constantly from Warlocks and Mage's. I really don't understand how Psyfiend, Blood Fear got past Beta while people were crying for it to get changed.

And really? How did a increased Health cost on Blood Fear fix anything, as a healer who's play edwith a warlock it's barely even noticed. The changes to Psyfiend wont fix anything either, it's not the cast time that's the problem it's the fact that an NPC is taking control over your character for 3 Fears, even if you trinket the Fear you'll get re-feared.

Instant CC needs to get changed, there's close to no penalty on it and it's just not fun playing arenas when you can't control your own character most parts of the game. Last time I played against MLD I just left the arena, I don't care for ratings and I want to play arenas where I can control my own character.

The current design of some classes completely ruin arenas. Gag Order, Psyfiend, PoM RoF, Blood Fear, blankets are sucking all the fun out of arenas.

The last time a Mage CS'd me on cast on purpose was a long time ago, I don't cast without using my CD's anymore since all my spells are instant and casters can't even CS me on cast. There's no choice in using a CS or not it's basicly, either you blanket someone or you don't use your CS.

Something has to be done and I don't think I'll play "serious" arenas untill that happens, 5.0 has some good changes like removal of Gag Order, Psyfiend nerf(not the correct nerf, removed talent) but how Blood Fear is not changed is beyond me.
Edited by Mírion on 23/11/2012 14:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
We have said previously that we are content with the current state of crowd control, but it is really cool to see more on how you would all like to see CC function in PvP.

Maybe that's how you feel but the player base doesn't. The problem with CC is not an isolated one. It's the fact that you die while being unable to do a damn thing about it. So I guess the real problem here is CC combined with the current level of burst damae in the game.

Are you also content with the current state of burst? A lot of people are complaining about burst right now which is somewhat addressed in 5.1 (but why you decide not to hotfix Taste for Blood is simply beyond me any 99% of your pvp community). A few more abilities could take a slight hit in damage output and you should know which ones in particular now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
What would be alot more interesting though would be to nerf Demonology warlocks and remove/retweak Blood Fear from the game. Seriously. There cant be a more faceroll class than a warlock, even more a demonology warlock using 1shot macro and isntant cc every 10 sec, lasting for 9 sec. This is unreal.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
No, just nerf war, druids and pals cc.
Edited by Glauck on 23/11/2012 15:15 GMT
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
23/11/2012 14:47Posted by Mírion
The changes to Psyfiend wont fix anything either, it's not the cast time that's the problem it's the fact that an NPC is taking control over your character for 3 Fears, even if you trinket the Fear you'll get re-feared.

This. Sure the nerf will make gameplay sliiightly better, but it's the fact that it fears you 3 times that makes it annoying & stupid.

23/11/2012 14:47Posted by Mírion
but how Blood Fear is not changed is beyond me.

This.. please get rid of it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Say a Human Warrior (purely theoretical) that stacks PvP power and is using Titan's Grip, they can get approximately 61% PvP power

Hmmm, no?
PvP power on weapons are unique.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]