New item interface

90 Undead Rogue
28/11/2012 19:15Posted by Corripio
I am giving it a bit of time before making a decision, it could be just a case of getting use to the new look.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Its so ugly, has not been a UI-change that sucked this bad since they removed the ability to see how many HKs you earned a day by pressing "h".
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
IT BURNS.

Seriously my eyes hurt from looking at it, please revert.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
29/11/2012 00:37Posted by Sjuksyster
Its so ugly, has not been a UI-change that sucked this bad since they removed the ability to see how many HKs you earned a day by pressing "h".

^
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
It just looks cluttered. I can understand why some people might like it, but at least give us that don't the option to use the old item UI. Would be nice to actually be able to have control over something in this game without addons.
Edited by Ketsu on 29/11/2012 14:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I seriously not getting why all the hate.Sure it's confusing that the ilvl is now at the top.But aside from that it just looks better now.More clear and not ugly like you ppl are saying.To think that someone said their eyes burn from it...what world are we living in ?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
For me the new item tooltip doesn't look better at all, it's way more cluttered and confusing though for newer players who are not as used to the original ones it may be easuer to understand but option to change back to the old tooltips is definitely needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't understand why people are complaining about it.
Reply Quote
28/11/2012 19:15Posted by Corripio
I am giving it a bit of time before making a decision, it could be just a case of getting use to the new look.

I was under that same impression yesterday. Personally, for me it's still odd to look at my item tooltips and getting everything sorted out, but when I think about it, the new tooltips have all the information they had before, just a different layout.

In any case, please remember that it's going to be more helpful for the developers (and for us) if you try to put your thoughts constructively about why it doesn't work this way rather than a harsh one liner that doesn't have anything but strong words.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Can you be more persistent to use the same order for all items?

Somewhere enchant is in the middle, sometime at the bottom.
Sometime secondary stats are greend, other time just white.

Use the same layout, order and look for all items, hence there is no need to search for the information on them.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
29/11/2012 18:12Posted by Draztal
In any case, please remember that it's going to be more helpful for the developers (and for us) if you try to put your thoughts constructively about why it doesn't work this way rather than a harsh one liner that doesn't have anything but strong words.

I am going to be perfectly honest with you and say that I don't really like the new item interface.

The problem with it is that it feels like a mini-wall-of-text in a way. It feels like you can't really skim-read over it easily anymore, and that you really have to actually focus on what its saying. I was actually just asking a guildie of mine on vent now, and he agrees with me, it seems a little too cluttered now. What it needs is some sort of clear division between the core stats and the bonus stats, so that it doesn't feel like an information bombardment.

Some sort of line of some kind, if you get what I mean. This is what my fellow guildie suggests, and I think this is a fair suggestion.

I honestly cannot put my thumb on it, but it does seem like there is something wrong with it. The above idea seems closest to what I am thinking, though I still somehow feel like there is something else I am missing here. =/ The main issue is, that its hard to read it now.
Edited by Danellos on 29/11/2012 18:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Sorry, but I don't like it. Like many others have said, the stats are too cluttered and look... odd. At least give us the option to choose which stat layout we think looks best so we can use it. If others like the new version better, good for them.

I honestly don't know why you feel the need to change stuff when it's not broken, and when nobody complained about it before. I also dislike the addition of "loss of control ui alerts", but we might be able to disable that in the future if you fix the interface option. Until then, I'll continue to hate it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

My main problem is this change does nothing to improve on the old. (which was in damn fine working condition)
Well, yes they added "x amount of y has been reforged from z", but that's just redundant at best.

Mhm, I like the new reforging indication, and I'm sure I'd get used to the new layout in time, but it seems weird to shift everything around so much. There's not as much of a distinction between primary and secondary stats any more I feel, it was nice to have the additional differentiation of text size and placement along with colour. Also the gem socket divider between primary and secondary stats was always a neatly placed little thingy for me, sockets look very lonely and ugly now that they're stuck at the bottom. :(

When comparing gear I'm finding it more difficult to browse between one piece and the other now, because the stats are more of a block of text that runs together rather than a series of figures with their own neat divisions and differentiations. Varied text size especially was a big one I found helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
a real case of Blizz NOT testing stuff properly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Do not fix things that are not broken.

It's harder to look at your gear due to stats cluttered. It should look like the item tooltip on armory does. Revert or remove this at once.

Even though we'll most likely get used to these tooltips, it's not something we want.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

Mhm, I like the new reforging indication, and I'm sure I'd get used to the new layout in time, but it seems weird to shift everything around so much. There's not as much of a distinction between primary and secondary stats any more I feel, it was nice to have the additional differentiation of text size and placement along with colour. Also the gem socket divider between primary and secondary stats was always a neatly placed little thingy for me, sockets look very lonely and ugly now that they're stuck at the bottom. :(

When comparing gear I'm finding it more difficult to browse between one piece and the other now, because the stats are more of a block of text that runs together rather than a series of figures with their own neat divisions and differentiations. Varied text size especially was a big one I found helpful.

This basically sums my problems with the new tooltips except for the reforge information. The only time I want to know which stat is reforged to which is during the actual reforging, aside from that it't just useless text for me.

edit: Also the ilvl and especially the upgrade count would be better at bottom since I don't think it's all that relevant information for it to be on top.
Edited by Lotan on 29/11/2012 19:47 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I usually don't complain on changes on the forum, but I have no idea why you would change the tooltips on items. I had no problem with good ol' look or anyone I know have had any problems. I can see what it is supposed too do but it simply looks wierd and doesn't serve it's purpose better then the old design. I would much rather have the old one back.

No need to fix what isn't broken.

Atleast have an Old/New tooltip option.
Edited by Slasler on 29/11/2012 19:44 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Extremely bad interface, didn't they teach you design 101? users scan, they don't read. Even if you get used to new one, it can't be skimmed quickly you have to search for each stat, same as how spells were thrown in the spellbooks after the big change of talents.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I agree with Op, the new item tooltips look disgusting, they make me feel like I'm using the old style of 'random stats' items from bosses like the Karazhan Servants' Quarter Animal bosses. I don't think the old style needed fixing at all, they worked and were easy to understand, there shouldn't be a change to something that doesn't need fixing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I like it, personally. More organized, less cluttered. It is a bit more difficult to read, but I'm quite certain I'll get used to it in a few days. I find the pay-off worth it.

EDIT: Although.
29/11/2012 14:05Posted by Ketsu
I can understand why some people might like it, but at least give us that don't the option to use the old item UI.

That wouldn't be a bad idea, and I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.
Edited by Kithoras on 29/11/2012 19:58 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]