Want a blue on powershot..

90 Troll Druid
30/11/2012 15:38Posted by Taepsilum
but unfortunately it's the kind of bug that will probably only be fixed with a client-side patch, probably with 5.2

You must be joking..
Reply Quote
13 Draenei Shaman
Would like to point out that there was (not sure if still is) weapon damage issue that used to be on Volley on Barrage.
That makes it 2 out of 3 level 90 hunter skills bugged. We just need to find out the last one and we can call it holy trinity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Are you seriously saying that something which is terribly broken can not be fixed for another 3 months?

Also, if you don't wish people to use attention seeking titles, why do you reward such topics with a blue attention whereas constructive threads don't get any. No wonder people create such titles. Makes no sense.

This.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
With zero insight in how Blizzard's protocol works, i feel pretty sure i could look at the code for this and fix the bug in a matter of minutes, yes, this absolutely could be fixed overnight.

The reason it wont be fixed is because Blizzard's whole 'procedure' is way over the top, issues like this should be hotfixed, be it client or server side.

Core game content that can't be fixed for months? As a self taught 23 year old 3d game developer i am very very curious what Blizzard's people at the top have to say about this sort of thing. Why is your procedure so ridiculous? I think people deserve a clean cut answer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Just wanted to keep you guys updated, we're aware of this issue (when targeting a stationary target), it's already being worked on but unfortunately it's the kind of bug that will probably only be fixed with a client-side patch, probably with 5.2 (please note that this is a very early estimation of when it’s going to get fixed, don’t take it for granted as it might change at any time)

Also, please don't use attention seeking titles, as it makes Murloc very sad and it's against the forum rules

Sort of frustrating when you folks never answer any pvp posts here. We're told to send feedback, make threads and whatever, but in the end we get absolutely no confirmation that our feedback is taken into account.

And I honestly don't get what's with the Slowness. Blizzard is one of the largest game companies, and with the size of development, coding, art and desing team you have, many other companies (Riot, for example), would be ten times more effective.

We pay for you for playing this game. We'd like to be treated as paying customers, rather than customers that can be forgotten after they've paid.
Reply Quote
With zero insight in how Blizzard's protocol works, i feel pretty sure i could look at the code for this and fix the bug in a matter of minutes, yes, this absolutely could be fixed overnight.

The reason it wont be fixed is because Blizzard's whole 'procedure' is way over the top, issues like this should be hotfixed, be it client or server side.

Core game content that can't be fixed for months? As a self taught 23 year old 3d game developer i am very very curious what Blizzard's people at the top have to say about this sort of thing. Why is your procedure so ridiculous? I think people deserve a clean cut answer.

Always wondered the same
Reply Quote
Community
Update:

Both Powershot and Glaive Toss have been rebuilt and should now always hit their primary targets, plus, they should also be much more responsive to secondary targets.

This new implementation of the two abilities isn’t on PTR yet but will be as soon as both abilities have been through QA. Once we have a new PTR build go live, feel free to test them and provide us with some feedback, this is when it is most important and when it can dramatically change what ends up going live.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Nice necro blue
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Update:

Both Powershot and Glaive Toss have been rebuilt and should now always hit their primary targets, plus, they should also be much more responsive to secondary targets.

This new implementation of the two abilities isn’t on PTR yet but will be as soon as both abilities have been through QA. Once we have a new PTR build go live, feel free to test them and provide us with some feedback, this is when it is most important and when it can dramatically change what ends up going live.

Good to hear!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Update:

Very good to hear!

I love the ability and even if it isn't as viable as glaive toss I still prefer playing around with it. I have always relied on my or my teammates stuns/roots to cast it, but even against stationary targets it works maybe every 2/3 tries. And even when it works I feel I would do more dps with glaive toss+arcaneshot+autoshot spam during that casttime. However when it crits I see numbers which make me smile.

An evil spirit inside me hopes the warlock chaos bolt would be changed the same way(no guaranteed crit and misses at least 1/3 times against stationary targets and approximately 3/4 times against moving ones.
Edited by Voinekku on 05/02/2013 11:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
05/02/2013 09:30Posted by Taepsilum

Any specific reason this can't be hotfixed once it passes QA? There's alot of hunters suffering from this bug... And why should we need to test these abilities on ptr anyway?
Powershot either works... or it doesn't so why do we need a ptr to test if it's actually does?

I bet you could take one of your staff, make him play hunter for an hour just cast powershot every minute and if it just randomly misses it's still bugged, see no ptr needed.
Edited by Takemoto on 05/02/2013 12:04 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
05/02/2013 12:01Posted by Takemoto

Any specific reason this can't be hotfixed once it passes QA? There's alot of hunters suffering from this bug... And why should we need to test these abilities on ptr anyway?
Powershot either works... or it doesn't so why do we need a ptr to test if it's actually does?

I bet you could take one of your staff, make him play hunter for an hour just cast powershot every minute and if it just randomly misses it's still bugged, see no ptr needed.

This is why they're developers and you're not. I dread to think what would happen if you every got a job in quality control at an explosives production factory :P
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
and when powershot gets fixed there will be constant whining about powershot because of the op dmg it does.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/02/2013 23:49Posted by Soku
and when powershot gets fixed there will be constant whining about powershot because of the op dmg it does.

I'm pretty sure people will still cry about arms burst and monk burst in 5.2. Oh God, and feral.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Hunter
New PTR Build 16539 is now on PTR server. I went and checked POWERSHOT. After the second shot on a standing target - he's gone to f**king nowhere! Blizzard, You are going to fix it or leave on 5.3?!
p.s This is because the lead developer - PVE crab.... =\
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
05/02/2013 09:30Posted by Taepsilum
Both Powershot and Glaive Toss have been rebuilt and should now always hit their primary targets

Does this mean you have scrapped the 'has a chance to miss on moving targets' rubbish that was shown on the tooltip in the patch notes?
Reply Quote
Community
06/02/2013 05:49Posted by Vitogobleone
Does this mean you have scrapped the 'has a chance to miss on moving targets' rubbish that was shown on the tooltip in the patch notes?

Yes, but only for the primary target. It should now always hit your primary target even if he's moving around.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Not directly related to glaive toss but it's another similar level 90 talent concern:

Barrage, when used at a range of 39-40 yards (max) or channelled on a mob with a larger than normal hitbox (Sha of Fear / Ragnaros / Magera) it currently deals no damage.

Any chance this could get a fix pushed onto the PTR as well? It's extremely frustrating as a ranged DPS to be forced to stand much closer (front of first ring of tiles on sha platform) just to deal damage with an ability that should be in range at 40 yards...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
08/02/2013 13:03Posted by Taepsilum

Yes, but only for the primary target. It should now always hit your primary target even if he's moving around.

Great, at last with PS fixed BM hunts will be inspired by seeing huge crits that THEY produced, not their pet. And maybe try other specs for a change. It all counts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/02/2013 08:25Posted by Alcatraz
Great, at last with PS fixed BM hunts will be inspired by seeing huge crits that THEY produced, not their pet. And maybe try other specs for a change. It all counts.

ye...

3powershots = insatnt death you know that right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]