You can solo Gunship / C'Thun

30/11/2012 12:37Posted by Фейсролочка
Yes, as paladin, I am interested in Viscidus changes as well.

He's now easier to freeze and shatter.

RoS won't cast Spirit Shock as often as before.

What about Razorgore?
Last time i was in there i noticed his destroy egg ability had no cooldown and that you didn't lose channeltime if hit.
But it was still impossible due to the amount of adds that spawn, before you even get to clear half the room Razorgore is dead.

I'd say you need to practice the most effective path and use his ability to sleep dragonkins. Razorgore can also take quite a beating, but at some point you'll need to clear adds off yourself and himself (careful of not blowing him up).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
32 wipes still not even slight chance to kill Prophet Skeram as Mage... fix it please!
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Sin
Chess has been soloable for quite a while now, just takes some tries to get the tactic right :P
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Sin
Razorgore seemed quite easy for me aswell? Takes two full razor controls to get the room down, and you can heal yourself/kill a group of adds half way through.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue

I can't still solo it as a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For Razorgore you can make it easier to control adds by sticking a HoT on yourself before using the Orb. I use Eternal Flame on myself with Righteous Fury up and the adds ignore Razorgore entirely in favor of me. I pop out every so often to clear up around me and recast.

For Viscidus I used my frost DK with DW with Razorice on both weapons. Really easy to freeze him. Shattering was more work (couldn't do it alone), but popping Army of the Dead solved that.

Good to hear about C'thun!
Edited by Ryune on 30/11/2012 13:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

got the same prob as DK, when second phase kicks in i cant do anything, cant move or use any other abilites and can only watch when i slowly die.. only boss i got left to open the door to..
Reply Quote
30/11/2012 12:58Posted by Fatsoninja
32 wipes still not even slight chance to kill Prophet Skeram as Mage... fix it please!

Don't use casts. Kill him with instants. He's a joke to solo.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Death Knight
30/11/2012 13:10Posted by Kargarok

You could kill both Bosses before the patch and you can still do it, easier than before ofc.

I have analysed Viscidus on the PTR minutes ago:

You need 20 Frostattacks zu freeze him.
You need 30 physical Attacks in 30sec to kill him.

So now possible for everyone (some classes still need preparations).

~my~
Edited by Myavoidance on 02/12/2012 21:18 GMT
Reply Quote
For Razorgore you can make it easier to control adds by sticking a HoT on yourself before using the Orb. I use Eternal Flame with Righteous Fury and the adds ignore Razorgore entirely in favor of me. I pop out every so often to clear up around me and recast. (Prot Pala)

For Viscidus I used my frost DK with DW with Razorice on both weapons. Really easy to freeze him. Shattering was more work (couldn't do it alone), but popping Army of the Dead solved that.

Good to hear about C'thun!

razorgore was tricky, i wiped like 8 times before i managed to get the last egg before he was killed by the casters, i started with destroying as much eggs as poss before there was to many adds, i moved raz towards me and released and nuked all adds fast, spec the casters are important, but dont nuke to hard since you will dmg razorgore to much, then take control of him again fast and rince and repeat, i had to release and retake control 3-4 times to kill adds fast when i finaly made it =)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Draztal, thanks for the awesome updating of the thread, finally now we can solo Black Temple without someone else rolling the Glaives or Bulwark :D.

I'm stuck at work, but you guys, stop whining and get into Black Temple and tell us the actual extent of the changes D:.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Any hotfixes applied to Saurfang? I don't know but I couldn't out DPS his heals fast enough and he ended up healing so much that he got full energy bar and out damages my self heals. I am a Guardian Bear, just can't image cloth weares having it much easier hehe. :P
Reply Quote
but how to do the gunship? tried it quite a few times now and the horde ship takes so much dmg so fast and goes down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You have to be quick, kill the spawned mobs on the deck quickly and nuke using the cannons as hard as you can (preferably on their throwers) then when the cannons freeze, be quick to go over and kill the mage and go back, clean the deck if needed and cannon spam once more.

I barely made it myself, but it's doable, not too easy. :P
Edited by Database on 30/11/2012 13:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
30/11/2012 12:58Posted by Fatsoninja

I guess you are doing something wrong - you can easy kill Prophet Skeram solo as a Mage. Just did it 2 days ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I guess you are doing something wrong - you can easy kill Prophet Skeram solo as a Mage. Just did it 2 days ago.

It's probably because judging by his other thread he's doing it as an 85 mage, not 90...

In otherwords, he's doing it wrong.
Edited by Ivresse on 30/11/2012 13:55 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
As a DK I can now solo everything pre cata, except kalygos and dreamwalker.

WTB longer enrages on bosses in Cata
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

It's probably because judging by his other thread he's doing it as an 85 mage, not 90...

In otherwords, he's doing it wrong.

Well I expect level 60 bosses to be killable by all classes of lvl80+... Its stupid that something you can easly do as lvl80 DK is close to impossible as lvl85 Mage.

In otherwords - stop being a smartass!

Same problem with Viscidus, though on my Ret Pala. I can freeze him (Frost Oil + takes forever but ok) though I cant shatter him.
Edited by Fatsoninja on 30/11/2012 14:03 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Any plans to make Thorim more easy to solo?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The easiest way to kill razorgore which i figured out last night:

Main thing you need to know is that the boss will NOT aggro any adds on himself if hes not on the far side of the room (from the orb). In there he will aggro the adds that come to him, if you are closer than half of the room to the orb, all the adds will go on yourself.

The tactic here is, destroy the eggs asap from the platform razorgore is located when you enter the room, this way you can kill all of them before any adds appear so by the time adds are coming you can just ignore them on razorgore (so he wont get aggro) and they will all pile up on you. This makes it very easy to aoe them when you need to and regain orb control (as a warrior i never need to do it because defensive stance is enough to keep me alive until all eggs are down, even if its not theres always second wind as backup).

Inevitably a few adds (maybe 2-5) will go on razorgore before you are below his aggro line in the room, but they are not enough to kill him before you get all the eggs.

For a warrior it is very easy fight now, if you want or need to aoe you can just dragon roar once and whirlwind and they are all dead... Other classes might have different issues, but aslong as you have passive defensive regen or anything along that line while controlling the orb will make it easy.

There is no need for complicated aoe tactics anymore, all the adds will mostly go on the player even if hes controlling the orb and some of the adds run to razorgore first.

Most important thing is to NOT use any dmg abilities that razorgore has, not even sleep. That way he will stay aggro free. The only times he might gain few extra adds on himself is when you are not controlling him.
Edited by Yondurosh on 30/11/2012 14:17 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]