You can solo Gunship / C'Thun

90 Night Elf Rogue
yea same, at the start im able to take out 2 axe throwers and the 2 rocket guys before the mage comes in. everything seems fine jump across while in the air, avengers shield the last to axe guys, slap lights hammer on them and zerg the mage by the time im done the axe guys get one last shield and there dead, but when i check the ship its has half hp or less even though four of the six adds on the horde ship are dead.

With the reavers i have them attacking the ally boss not the ship, could this be the problem? does the damage he gets affect the ship as well?

You probably forget to kill adds spawning on your gunship. They hit pretty hard.

EDIT: Soloed with my rogue first day the patch was on. It is not easy, but it can be defeated solo.
Edited by Novalis on 02/12/2012 09:53 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've read on wowhead etc. that the stomach phase of C'Thun is hotfixed and you should get transferred out after killing the two tentacles. I'm however unable to do this, I kill the two tentacles and I just stay inside dying after a few seconds. Can anyone confirm is this is just hotfixed on US servers or is it possible on EU-servers as well?
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Death Knight
02/12/2012 20:56Posted by Cewellan
I've read on wowhead etc. that the stomach phase of C'Thun is hotfixed and you should get transferred out after killing the two tentacles. I'm however unable to do this, I kill the two tentacles and I just stay inside dying after a few seconds. Can anyone confirm is this is just hotfixed on US servers or is it possible on EU-servers as well?

I do only play on EU and the Hotfixes are live.

Perhaps it took you too long to kill the tentacles and the debuff (stomach acid) killed you.
Or you didn't go to the platform between both tentacles, after you killed them.

~my~
Reply Quote
02/12/2012 20:56Posted by Cewellan
Can anyone confirm is this is just hotfixed on US servers or is it possible on EU-servers as well?

I did it yesterday.

Did the first phase, killed a couple of tentacle out side for the second phase, when inside the stomach and killed to 2 tentacles inside, stood on the exit platform, went outside, punch C'thun in the face and collected loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2012 21:24Posted by Asrane
Can anyone confirm is this is just hotfixed on US servers or is it possible on EU-servers as well?

I did it yesterday.

Did the first phase, killed a couple of tentacle out side for the second phase, when inside the stomach and killed to 2 tentacles inside, stood on the exit platform, went outside, punch C'thun in the face and collected loot.

Okay, I guess it's me being a noob then. I don't reckon it took me more than 4 or 5 seconds tops to kill the tentacles, I then stood on the platform with like rumbling earth on top of it. But nothing happened, just died after 10-15 seconds.

Anyway, I will give it another go. Thanks for the heads up :-)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would be great if they chance the Thorim mechanics too. I love to solo Ulduar, but I hate to leave him standing because of mechanics.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
30/11/2012 11:51Posted by Draztal
Are you sure? I was killed immediately when I was inside C'thun!

Viscidus, Twin Emperors, C'Thun, Al'ar and Reliquary of Souls should be easier to kill now. The developers applied a hotfix during the night. So, if you haven't gone to C'Thun yet today, you should!

May I ask for a hard mode/no freeloot mode for my raiding guild?
Also is it true that Dark Glare has been removed? like honestly??
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Does anyone have a bug with twin emperors? The one that you didn't hit, cause you cant since i dont have magic damage, got despawned after a couple of seconds and unlootable.
Meaning I couldn't get my item for tier helm.

is this normal ?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It's... Not.. A brain.
It's his stomach !@#$%^-it.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Priest
30/11/2012 11:51Posted by Draztal
Are you sure? I was killed immediately when I was inside C'thun!

Viscidus, Twin Emperors, C'Thun, Al'ar and Reliquary of Souls should be easier to kill now. The developers applied a hotfix during the night. So, if you haven't gone to C'Thun yet today, you should!

Then could they please "Hotfix" the whole of ICC25hc and Ulduar 25hc so it can be soloed to?^_^
Reply Quote
22/02/2013 07:41Posted by Farrion
Then could they please "Hotfix" the whole of ICC25hc and Ulduar 25hc so it can be soloed to?^_^

The changes the developers made were mostly on some TBC and Vanilla bosses. They didn't modify anything from Naxxramas (although you have 3 pets there). But just to make it clear, the intent they had at the time when making these changes wasn't to make all the raid content from WoW/TBC/Wrath soloable.

Just as an example, although it's TBC content, Rage Winterchill will still give you a run for your money if you are not careful avoiding Death & Decay (since it's % HP based) :-)
Reply Quote
Just as an example, although it's TBC content, Rage Winterchill will still give you a run for your money if you are not careful avoiding Death & Decay (since it's % HP based) :-)

Not just that, but the AoE is still larger than the visual effect, which adds to the.... fun?
Reply Quote
- CS
94 Draenei Priest
Is C'Thun only fixed for soloing?
Just asking as I did it with a friend last night & I got insta-killed in the stomach while my friend then managed to solo it with no problem.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just asking as I did it with a friend last night & I got insta-killed in the stomach

Same here, I got insta-kiled last week :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just asking as I did it with a friend last night & I got insta-killed in the stomach while my friend then managed to solo it with no problem.

I believe it's a bug/feature that only effects casters.

Basically the debuff you get when inside C'thun scales much more rapidly if you're a caster.

Melee DPS should have no trouble with this.

I could only do it on my Warlock by blowing all my survival cooldowns - at once - whilst dotting the two tentacles and placing a teleport ring on the bit that spits me out. I then had to rush to nuke the boss before going back inside because if I went again, with all my survival CDs on cooldown... it got messy.
Edited by Altereus on 22/02/2013 12:35 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm not sure if C'Thun if is just fixed for soloing though it seems possible as there are still people lvl 60 who want to raid him properly sometimes.

ICC 10 man is easy to do, up till valithria where i lacked the healing as a hunter to get her up in time before add overwhelmed me. gunship can be done as long as you make sure to kill the front guys on the enemy ship ASAP and get rid of the rocket throwers every now and then, also make sure to get out of you cannon and kill the boarding party before they start destroying your ship. 25 man i haven't tried yet but obviously a lot more dps is needed and more healing.

as for ulduar. 10 man like ICC is easy i soloed all hard modes there (xcept flame leviathan though it can be done). Yogg-Saron 0 keepers still gives you a challenge, but the real issue is indeed Thorim did him a few weeks ago, he can be done but only on HM.

This involves several speed boosts and good timing. for those that want to try there are videos on youtube. but you need lots of speed increases including potions class abilities or engineering speed boosts. the trick is to start the fight run into gauntlet and pull the first boss then run out before Thorim wipes you(doesn't do that till hes done talking) then put a trap or ability down to pull the respawning trash mobs, quickly enter the gauntlet before gate closes. keep 1 of the trash adds alive, then kill first boss finish the gauntlet and kill the trash mobs that followed you. at this point Thorim will be activated now just as Sif will say her last line attack thorim he will jump down and you activated HM simply kill him and your past him. now you need a few tries to get this right the running needs some practice and so does the pulling (to early and he bugs and resets, to late he whipes you).

for Ulduar 25 man i can say first boss, XT002, Kologarn, Holdir, and general Vezax. can be done solo. tried yogg 1 keeper but got stuck there 4 keepers might just be possible. it is possible there's more you can solo but i got someone in to help me whit Auriaya and we went on killing the remaining keepers together.

all in all i think there is not much reason to change ICC or Ulduar alot with some practice you can get real far in 25 man and kill almost everything on 10 man heroic even. Thorim is difficult but fun because of it, a change may be needed for some classes so they can kill him as well. same is there for Valithria in ICC people without heals just cant get past her wich is a shame(bandages work but just aren't good enough, maby an orb you can channel or a special action button you get a heal if you don't have 1. just to fix it). but those 2 are the only ones that possibly would need adjusting.

The real thing i would like to see changed to those places is the gold reward for soloing. gold drops have been nerfed and if you try push yourself doing the difficult bosses repairs easily go into 100-200+gold. where should you kill it there is a sense of achievement, and i like it but its just so expensive. even when these bosses dropped 250gold each you wouldn't really get much richer then just farming and risk was much greater then just farming. while i see that giving 200 gold for a easy kill in TBC is to much. 10 gold is just to little. 100 for 10 man bosses wasn't even that far off being reasonable, as we don't get valor and much higher repair costs then/ risk then just farming or daily's. while blizzard usually is great with there risk/reward balance i feel then failed here and nerfed it a to much in an attempt to balance it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Personally, I don't believe Blizzard shouldn't be trying to balance any raid instance for soloing
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yay, let's make every !@#$ boss as easy as possible
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
in general i agree with those points. bosses are fine and leave them as they are. however in the case of Valitria and Thorim those bosses prevent all or most from trying other bosses. in those cases i think a nerf or a way to skip them is in order (preferably last) this is why Kalecos for example in my eyes doesn't need a nerf he is fine because he can be skipped. only when they prevent progressing further due to mechanics like the healing required or asking people to be in 2 places at once it is needed to consider action.
Edited by Fallheim on 22/02/2013 13:57 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]