Invisible Fist weapon fix bumping thread POST ONLY HERE

(Locked)

This is what happened.

Varkel @ Argent Dawn

Monk fist weapons not showing up - fist weapons do not show in combat all turn invisble please fix this....just make it so there always shown you don't even need to change jab.

P.s are there any plans to fix this soon really bums me out as i've got some awesome claws to transmog

(A while later i posted again)

no answer? i've been bumping a thread on the forums about this exact topic for over a month. What happened to blizzard amazing customer service..since mop its seem like all i get is pre-written crap and GM's don't even seem to take there time to read the tickets.

Zknoutu - Customer Service Representative

Hello there! I hope you're having an awesome day!

I've spent a little time looking over your concern for you here, and I have the following answer for you =)

As far as we know, right now this isn't actually a bug - It's been designed to be hidden on attacks due to the unique fist animations.

It's something that's being requested a lot right now (Including by me!) on the forums, so hopefully it's something that will get a responce and update sometime in the future.

Farewell for now! /bow

Gnomish Game Master Zknoutu
Resolving your problems and avoiding warstomps in style.

Varkel @ Argent Dawn

But due to the fist weapons u can buy at the peak of serenity that are invisible fist weapon models [can be transmogged] it doesn't make sense for them to even be in the game, surely this is a bug if not then the idea behind these invisible models is pointless.

Heulaibritza - Customer Service Representative

Greetings %Character:Name%!

Thank you for your exceptional patience in waiting to be contacted as we have been extremely busy with the expansion release for World of Warcraft!

Game Master Heulaibritza here! I am sorry that I missed you in-game for your concern as I would have loved the opportunity to chat with you.

I have read your petition and understand your concern for the animation of certain fist weapons within the game for monks. While this is not a reported bug or issue, there is no information that we can provide to you at this time for changes to it.

If you would like to see changes to the animations of this, please use the proper method for this type of report by clicking on the RED ? and selecting Submit Suggestion. Additionally, if YOU FEEL IT IS A BUG.. pleas use the Report BUG feature by clicking on the RED ? as well. Thanks for your cooperation and time.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us.

Hope you have an awesome day and thanks again for contacting me.

/wave

Game Master Heulaibritza
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://battle.net/support

Varkel @ Argent Dawn

This is not an unreported issue for windwalker monks the Monk class thread on the forums is full of posts about this issue. and yet not a single blue post..how odd.

Rachiomyst - Customer Service Representative

Hi Varkel,

Thanks for contacting support.

As Zknoutu said it technically is working as intended >_< . I know it seems silly at times but that's how it works. In all honesty the best way to get this changed is to keep on posting on that thread and making it known to the devs of what you, and many many others want changed. The bigger the thread gets, the more the community managers will pay attention, and the more likely the devs thoughts on it will change. For now all we can do us hope and wait.

Sincerly,

Game Master Rachiomyst {◕ ◡ ◕}
Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment

Varkel @ Argent Dawn

Well i've been bumping and commenting on threads on this topic ever since i found out (for almost 2 months now) and also the monk forums do not contain even ONE post let alone any answers from blizzard.

Shyntetlab

Hi there , Game Master Shyntatlab here!
Thank you for your patience, I know waiting times are high at the moment. I've had a look into monk weapon bugs.

You don't need to keep doing so, though thank you for your efforts :) The issue is with the bug team now, and they're investigating and working on a fix for it.

Hope that helps :)
Please don't hesitate to contact us again, either in-game or through the eu.battle.net website. :)
Regards,
Shyntatlab
English Game Master
Blizzard Europe

END.

Well i hope this sheds some light on the situation.
Edited by Varkel on 21/11/2012 17:20 GMT
90 Draenei Monk
Could we please try to keep this topic in one thread in this forum? No wonder ticket-queues can get a bit long if you actually talk to FOUR Game Masters about this topic. When you say "it's already been 2 months", my respond is "it's ONLY been 2 months". Give them some time to look at it, there are other pressing matters that needs sorting too.
Hey, the only reason there are so many threads is because its a big deal for those of us who choose to wield fist weapons and to be honest i was only asking repeatably because i wasn't getting any kind of answer just some draft about how to use the in-game reporting system and as soon as i got my answer i stopped posting.
bump
90 Night Elf Monk
Lets keep this in this thread and just pumping this, show us our fist weapons!
Tell people about this thread and lets keep it bumped to blizzard will see this.

And I think we all should request this should be stickied because this is a really big let down for us monks that want to use MONK WEAPONS aka FISTS!

Most weapons we use can be seen on our backs and we use them sometimes but fist weapons are complete gone and this is not acceptable!
Edited by Miidera on 21/11/2012 01:41 GMT
Aye keep bumping people and request sticky for the hell of it!

We shall have our Fist Weapons shown and our voices heard!
Edited by Varkel on 21/11/2012 02:06 GMT
90 Pandaren Monk
I REALLY don't understand how this is such an issue...

I know people want to see their weapons, but does it REALLY require about 7 topics all on the front page and ticketing a GM?

Due to the new animations of Monk unarmed combat, Blizz decided not to have fist weapons shown, I STRONGLY doubt they'll now go back and change this, so... yeah... GIVE UP.
90 Pandaren Monk
I REALLY don't understand how this is such an issue...

I know people want to see their weapons, but does it REALLY require about 7 topics all on the front page and ticketing a GM?

Due to the new animations of Monk unarmed combat, Blizz decided not to have fist weapons shown, I STRONGLY doubt they'll now go back and change this, so... yeah... GIVE UP.

Uh, no.

Why so negative?

There are tons of awesome looking fist weaps in the game. With the addition of the monk class and the pandaren race a lot of people, myself included, have found a welcome new slant on the game. Transmog is a big part of the fun for me and being able to see the fist eaps in combat can only add to the feeling of awesome. After all, part of the reason we choose class/race combos is the aesthetics.

As long as there is a glyph/transmog option to choose how you wish to see yr animations and gear display, what harm can it do?

Say yes to the FISTS!
hehe you beat me to it, Good job Saintghost and i couldn't agree more i want my simple blueish claws damn it! :)
90 Pandaren Monk
By some cruel twist of fate I got the talons from Al'ar on my first mog run, after months of trying for my Enhanc Shammy. I want to mog em so bad. hehe.

Say yes to the FISTS!
21/11/2012 02:12Posted by Daruma
Due to the new animations of Monk unarmed combat

I really don't see how this disqualifies fist weapons from being shown, as the same animations could be used.

Also: Why did they make all the "Main Hand" fist weapons into "One Hand" fist weapons if they didn't expect people (Mainly Monks) to go around transmogging them, do you think they did it purely for Enhancement Shamans? Changing numerous fist weapons for one spec?

I myself recently acquired Thekal's Claws which looks very nice and fits with my transmog well, yet I can only see it if I stand around with my weapons unsheathed, it'd be nice to be able to see fist weapons in combat, especially when there are things like the "Invisible fistwraps" to transmog and also the Glyph of Jab that would allow people to hide their fist weapons if they so desired.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Also have a look at the Gnome Master in peak of serenity his fist weapons are shown even in combat except for when he uses tiger palm. I think his name is Yuun
Edited by Shentaó on 21/11/2012 16:28 GMT
90 Pandaren Monk
You know if there were moderators in this forum, these threads would have been locked and infractions put on your accounts.

Just read the damn blue tracker.
....the reason i made this thread was to condence the amount of threads on this subject.
90 Pandaren Monk
theres was already a "bumping thread" why make another...???
because it obviously wasn't working but technically i should be thanking you :P as your bumping the thread with this pointless arguement
28 Undead Rogue
Sadly unnatural bumping is not allowed on these forums, I doubt Blizzard will find it an interesting read or assign any value to the topic if all posts have no meaninfull content except "bump".

So instead everyone should describe what they don't like and how they want to see it changed.

Problem description:
I don't like that fist weapons are shown in idle combat (by unsheating your weapons) and suddenly disappear when you attack. Some fist weapons are rather huge, where do they suddenly go?
This problem of disappearing gear is even more apparant if they are enchanted with an effect that has a bright glow.

Suggested solutions:
To fix this bug (item models suddenly disapearing IS a bug!), I would suggest to show the actual fist weapon models when attacking. If you do not have an animation for this, simply use the default fist weapon animations that are also used by other classes such as shaman and rogue.
An alternative is to never show fist weapons at all. Altho that change would not be apreciated by many people.

Backward compatibility:
For people who like it as it is now (there are a few), there are already two solutions in the game. One is the "glyph of jab" and the other is to transmogrify the weapons into invisible handwraps. For both of these no change to the game is needed.
I understand the that unnatural bumping is not allowed, but how else are we to stem the flow of bumps and such to just a single thread as blizzard would prefer?

Also agree with your solution :)
90 Pandaren Monk
I just got [Claws of Shek'zeer] and I'm so gutted that I can't even see the weapon model in combat.

I understand the concept of being a Monk and fighting with my fists but the artists of Blizzard have gone to so much work on these awesome looking weapons - can we have a option to have them shown on our characters?

Something like if we have [Glyph of Jab] then they are NOT shown but if we are not glyphed for this then have them visible?

Thanks Guys & Girls.
Edited by Jinchuuriki on 22/11/2012 16:48 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]