Arena Tabards

90 Human Hunter
We agree that players who prefer PvP should have cooler things to purchase, including more options like vanity items. We are currently discussing ways in which we can better deliver on this.

The current model for itemization somewhat follows the original formula that implied PvP'ers were mostly just interested in getting direct performance enhancers. We don’t agree with that implication anymore and, with the new currency system it makes much more sense to provide additional flavor items that players will be able to spend Conquest and Honor points on.

In my opinion in the whole world of warcraft spectrum of progression, a part of the game is gear progression and i think this is fine system, but gear upgrades have taken it to the next extreme my personal problem with this is that rating progression will take a back seat for some players in return for upgrading pvp gear, they can feel some sort of progression no matter what the rating which i think is nice, but the only issue is that people dont put such an emphasis on getting better rating and improving themselves instead of getting progression in gear.

Gated progression from gear by rating was a great system in wotlk(i didnt play back then but it seemed great). the 1600 player will push 1800 for the next bit of gear, the 1800 player will push up to 2000 for the next bit of gear and carry on improving to get their gear. If you add tabards in again 2 different skins, have an 1800 tabard and have the 2.3 tabard, because if people really put the effort into a system they can get 1800 easily over the whole season, i got it in the first week and was pretty unexperienced to pvp, pretty sure i just got lucky queues.

Mounts are only for gladiators, so for the 0.5% of the population get a mount, this is not acceptable compared to pve, how many people got rag hc + dw hc mount from pve last tier.
I'm not saying give glad mounts to everyone cos frankly thats dumb. But maybe have a 2k rated ground mount, due to it only being 1 mount then blizzard could easily strech out a design team to make sure it looks good and !@#$%in like the tabards, and if necessary make recolours for people who get challenger, rival and duelist.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/12/2012 02:55Posted by Caeliusx
Pvpers need more vanity items.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 13:39Posted by Nakatoir
A unique aura, while cool, would just be on top of an already quite noticeable mount and title. I think it would be cooler to get gear sets that you can use for transmogrification or just nice little vanity items. :)
Please, just write easier in place of cooler, no need to be ambiguous about your intentions here :>
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/12/2012 13:34Posted by Rekkiem
Mounts that aren't horrible and just old models with 'armour'

I'm really proud of the mount I achieved in OS25 HC..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/12/2012 13:59Posted by Mírion
I'm really proud of the mount I achieved in OS25 HC..

Rofl.
Reply Quote
YES
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/12/2012 11:57Posted by Hïldegard
I think transmog stuff would work out really well. Also I always thought that rank one players should have a unique aura with a flavor text.

That would be cool too.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 10:53Posted by Nakatoir
Pvpers need more vanity items.

We agree that players who prefer PvP should have cooler things to purchase, including more options like vanity items. We are currently discussing ways in which we can better deliver on this.

The current model for itemization somewhat follows the original formula that implied PvP'ers were mostly just interested in getting direct performance enhancers. We don’t agree with that implication anymore and, with the new currency system it makes much more sense to provide additional flavor items that players will be able to spend Conquest and Honor points on.

If you give me tabards / transmog items for doing arena, you are my new hero <3
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Still want a transmog that would make a druid look like a transformer mecha gnome or a mechanical battlesuit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Or make a shirt, that has a use effect :D
since the epic shirt is currently the only one I believe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
with the new currency system it makes much more sense to provide additional flavor items that players will be able to spend Conquest] and Honor points on.

Just, don't put them for sale with CP. Or, well, remove Item Upgrade and add vanity items instead.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
how about you fix arena before wasting resources on vanity stuff
Reply Quote
I can only recommend implementing A LOT of different vanity rewards for different target audiences using different systems.
Edited by Taurenpala on 06/12/2012 21:13 GMT
Reply Quote
73 Orc Hunter
I'm sorry to derail the thread, but am I the only one who find it curious as to within 8 hours of the creation of this thread it gets an immediate response with direct answers and additional information, and no recognition to some very highlighted discussion threads?

I mean, even a reply such as "Interesting. Keep up the good work, we'll bring you some news when we have it" would suffice. This "echo of chambers" would be reduced so drastically by just addressing one good thread once in a while or more often.

If I was an forum-masher I'd consider this as tabards being of a higher priority than that of balancing the game for the better.

edit: Nakatoir the hero however!

As you were.
Edited by Cptflopynuts on 07/12/2012 01:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm sorry PvP needs more attention than just adding new items, actually make a good PvP environment first i beg you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Personally what I'd really like to see is some amazing looking sets like the Challenge Mode ones, bring back Tabards, add like a 3rd set that you get at 2350+ or something similiar, and please no recolours of other stuff, come up with new ideas like the Challenge Mode gear, because those sets look crazy, and like Mirion said, add more mounts or something, PvPers don't get enough vanity items.

Edit: Crazy idea I came up with randomly aswell, would be nice if you made the T2 set a different set and not just a recolor, just throwing that out there.
Edited by Sunnieh on 07/12/2012 00:06 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I would like to see these tabards in game again also but i think i have better ideas.

1: Make different coloured armor sets for different ratings, example:
0-1499 rating = Blue
1500-1799 rating = Green
1800-2199 rating = Black
2200-2399 rating = Grey
2400 + rating = White
Dont give them extra stats or anything just different colours

2: Give people at 2.2k rating in arena a Transmogable weapon, a weapon that only those people can get, depending on if they used a 2H mace or a 1H axe etc etc

3: If you do decide to bring back Tabards for 2.4k rating give them a use button that will yell out some random quotes ( including sound like the new item from the doctor in scholomance )

4: And finaly give rank 1 players a Ground mount to go with the gladiators flying mounts
Edited by Cmere on 07/12/2012 01:34 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
would it be possible to make Arathor Battle Tabard humanly obtainable again? since the removal of the marks it's been retardly hard to get (specialy when you don't play at max level)
Reply Quote
A unique aura, while cool, would just be on top of an already quite noticeable mount and title. I think it would be cooler to get gear sets that you can use for transmogrification or just nice little vanity items. :)

23 hours ago

Alternately, a neat mount that you can actually use in BGs would be great. Sure flying around on a armored dragon can net you quite a lot of attention, but don't you feel it's been a bit overdone by now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]