the big LFR loot whiners topic

90 Blood Elf Hunter
dear all,

please stop whining cause you're unlucky with the RANDOM loot

your luck will change..

and please take in account the follwing things:

1. LFR loot is random and not guaranteed.. yes, you may get lucky and get an upgrade..but the more upgrades you had, the lower the chance the few missing items will drop and you WILL get duplicate items!
2. elder charms are NO GUARANTEE for loot! it's just a second roll.. so see point 1
3. LFR gear is NOT needed for progression in normals!
4. if you keep being unlucky, you just have to suck it up like everyone else and try again next reset

if you'r just so incredibly unlucky.. maybe try some dailies.. loads of factions sell epic 489 items at revered, so you don't even need to be exalted and the way to revered is extremely fast (less than a week normaly)

so please all stop qq'ing about how broken the system is, just cause YOU are 1 unlucky individual.

i understand some people are more lucky with drops than others.. but that's why it's called RANDOM!

so please all get over yourselves and suck it up till next reset.. i know it can be frustrating.. but eventually you'll get lucky!

so all please stop spamming the forums by creating your own seperate topics..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
To add to what Cleoo just wrote, I'd rather not win gear because of bad luck than to lose gear to people who roll on stuff they do not need and then spam "WTS [this item]" in the LFR chat.

We might grumble at the RNG rolls that do not grant us our shinies, but at least we are now spared runs where insults fly around from pretty much start to finish because of loot issues.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I find it rather funny how people always keep telling random is random, and LFR loot system is totally RNG.

Here, Cleoo, if you like some reading please take a look at these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomized_algorithm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_congruential_generator

As you can see, randomness can be controlled in some ways. Making it feel more less random while still being a RNG.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ok with the current system. I simply accept the fact that system is not good enough, and, such huge difference between "no luck" and "extremely lucky" players is not necessary in a reward mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I wonder I got trinket and belt from LFR the other day that I already had on me. And I did not even use any charms AT ALL.
But yeah I agree with Cleoo about the whiners. I think the current system is fine if there is no loot I can gold which is good I am saving for the Yak vendor mount.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
yay .... As good you must feel now, so good not Whined of loot.
More cleverness is that you are so good to complain about those Whined of loot, now you have to feel like a real boss or what?

What if I'm leveling up a new char, you need to gear it as soon as possible, then I had to do dailies and LFR, sha .. week after week, but LFR drops nothing, sha drops fairly if you use coins, but they will still take as long as they took to gear my first char.

I switch and start playing disc instead will then spend the same time + a little more on my disc to get it up and the time of the shaman's time I'll never get back.

I believe that the loot we got in cata was good, it was not always loot, but one geared up in a month anyway in LFR.

Mop it can take 1 month 2,3,4 months before you reach 470ilvl it is unfair, what's the point of playing several chars if it shall be so?

They do not want to play their chars, okay then I stop with this game, because I like to play all my alt's do alt rounds on Friday and Saturday to learn how chars work, but now I can not do that, that's why I think one must be able to gear alt's faster.

I like the system however, there is no whine like in cata (why u needed?) but i dont like how it's distrbuted, thats why i would like some increse % whenever u kill a LFR boss that gives no loot.

maybe u can kill 16 and get nothing but next week you should be more or less guranteed drops.

some like valor in D3 u kill alite and increase drop but only if u dont get anything.

I think it's fair not like lFR ppl gonna beat Hc raiders in progress just by getting LFr gear + you get more choices what to play if u have a few alts, also it can be helpful for some guild if u have tank,healer,ranged,melee geared and willing to raid on them u will take longer to gear but always helping the guild.

I have tank,healers,dps i wanna lvl up, i have a healer and dps up but i want tank and like i said my disc up becous most guild alredy have Shamans atm but many asking for priest's so i might change main on that fact.

but if i cant gear up decent time i never gonna find a guild and get some raiding done and then there is no point of me playing.. simple as that and i see guild dying everyday ppl are quitting not fun and takes to long to gear up.

If the plan is to kill WoW i say keep it up, but soon ppl wont do dailies and LFR it's not worth it they go to other games better revard system, dosent have to be easy, but it has to be fair and imo WoW aint fair right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
06/12/2012 12:42Posted by Zaptron
Mop it can take 1 month 2,3,4 months before you reach 470ilvl it is unfair, what's the point of playing several chars if it shall be so?

Stop making up stuff. I showed in another topic that you can get 470 ilvl gear in 3 weeks (resets) without ANY luck of drops (that even includes heroic dungeons). You didn't even need to valor cap all 3 resets, and didn't need to do more than 7 days of dailies (cut that down in half if you have a main revered).
If you were cheap and couldn't afford craftable 476 gear, that would bump up to 4 resets needed. Again, without ANY heroic dungeon or MV lfr gear, which is VERY unlikely. And most 476 crafted gear goes for low amounts nowadays anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You know what, im gonna whine, i don't think i've ever griped over anything on the forums since day 1 in 2004, so this is gonna be my first post/whine ever. The probabilty of loot is frustratingly low, each week i feel like it's a chore i have to go through in order to get upgrades, in order to progress in normal modes (which im not even doing much of right now) one week i did ALL bosses, and recieved absolutely nothing for it, and used up my 3 coins, be that as it may i have mainly been hunting a weapon.

Now look at my character, you can see i have 12 elegon kills, thats one each week plus additional times with coins trying to obtain a weapon, also 7 Sha of Fear kills in terrace trying to do the same.

And what have i gotten for it?
i have gotten loot ONE time on elegon, i got some gloves i couldnt use for anything.
What have i gotten from sha? Yeah i've gotten a weapon, i got a 1 hander weapon, i don't play with 1handers(totally different playstyle from 2H as a DK) so that felt like a slap in the face.

So yeah, doing LFR for me, feels like a chore, with very little to show for each and every week, it's getting increasingly frustrating, and i feel like i'm falling far behind because im not getting the upgrades i need, and having to upgrade my heroic 2hander, which i have had since the day i dinged lvl 90..

Yeah, RNG sucks, and it's ruining MY fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
06/12/2012 13:08Posted by Spamfu

Stop making up stuff.

That gave me a good laugh, was just about to post your stuff when I scrolled down and saw your response.

but LFR drops nothing, sha drops fairly if you use coins

Doesn't he have the same 15% drop chance like the rest of the bosses? And doesn't he have a much larger loot table, meaning if you win an item there is much less of a chance of you actually winning the item you want?

So you have a false sense of how the RNG works and underestimate how effective the reliable methods of gearing up are.

but if i cant gear up decent time i never gonna find a guild and get some raiding done and then there is no point of me playing.

Wait, you are further than me and have better gear than me, yet you QQ about not being able to get into guilds for progress? Is that another made up scenario, or do your guild actually expect people to be perfectly geared before they can come with you on raids?

We picked a new healer to get with us for raiding after he dinged 90 a week before. Although we had to be a bit more careful (since we usually rely on very good healers) it didn't slow our progress that night. And guess what, 3 pieces of gear dropped that he could use and we had the option to give it to him, thus helping him avoid the RNG of LFR.

06/12/2012 13:18Posted by Infestium
Yeah, RNG sucks, and it's ruining MY fun.

I hate to say it but I remember a guild run back in vanilla where the raid group talked about who would get the tier 1 piece. Many said that it would suck if I got it, since it was my first time raiding and I was the only druid still needing the piece.

So if you hate RNG, I'm guessing you didn't know what you got yourself into when you bought the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I was thinking about making a thread just so people can vent their frustrations and post their terrible perceptions and suggestions on this game. It would be worth a sticky because it would remove 75% of the threads here. But then again, no one would read it and still make new threads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizz I didn't get loot which means the loot system is broken. It's only working if I not only get loot, but also get the correct loot.

That's basically what all the whiners are saying.

At the risk of sounding "old" but I remember years ago; if you were pugging current content raids, you were lucky if the group could even kill the boss. Never mind also getting loot.

Now that we have such faceroll LFR content with a system that autoloots for you, which means you have an even better chance of getting raid loot than ever before (no ninjas, no more getting kicked because you didn't trade loot), people are complaining more than ever about raid loot.

To the whiners who were not around years ago: you have no idea how spoiled you are.

To the whiners who are veterans: you clearly have gone soft and have no idea how fortunate you are now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
06/12/2012 13:18Posted by Infestium
The probabilty of loot is frustratingly low, each week i feel like it's a chore i have to go through in order to get upgrades, in order to progress in normal modes

see point 3 of my post..

all arguments of whining people have all been proven pointless or complete made up stuff..

What if I'm leveling up a new char, you need to gear it as soon as possible, then I had to do dailies and LFR, sha .. week after week, but LFR drops nothing, sha drops fairly if you use coins, but they will still take as long as they took to gear my first char.

it's an alt.. it should gear up as fast as your main.. where does it say it has to gear up asap??

i hate what the free gear stuff from cata has done to people.. it's just so sad..
Edited by Cleoo on 06/12/2012 16:21 GMT
Reply Quote
That's basically what all the whiners are saying.

At the risk of sounding "old" but I remember years ago; if you were pugging current content raids, you were lucky if the group could even kill the boss. Never mind also getting loot.

Perhaps what's happening is that some players are having the illusion that because the roll is happening, something must drop eventually (eventually being, more often than not). But, if I may, I'd suggest you guys note down how many drops (for your character) do you encounter in your guild raids of a given week and how much competition you have going on for them.

When you factor those things in, does LFR really feel *that* different to the speed at which you gear up when you're competing against others in your guild? I'm just curious :-)
Reply Quote
4 Dwarf Shaman

When you factor those things in, does LFR really feel *that* different to the speed at which you gear up when you're competing against others in your guild? I'm just curious :-)

Gearing in LFR is probably 10 times slower than in any normal mode raid. Especially when you getting no drops or getting same item over and over again.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I do believe that one of your points are wrong. Or several of them.

For several weeks in our guild, our 10 man raiding team, have time upon time not seen weapons drop - We just got some yesterday for our healers, and this was the first weapons beyond a Starshatter that we had seen in perhaps 3-4 resets.

As for the fact of progression in normal - Evidently you do not grasp that Sha of Fear for example has a pretty high DPS requirement - As of such we could not do it given that most of our raid members simply did not pull enough DPS.

So come again - LFR loot is not needed for normal progression? I tend to disagree with facts on that one.

As for being "one" unlucky individual - i present to you my raid team. We have as a whole seen a lack of luck overall. And i have been around in loot poor situations before - but it is not the lack of loot that is getting to me.

It is specifically the lack of any alternative in the department of Weapons. Make a craftable one that is beyond 463 - because as currently stands - Some people WILL go to even Arena weapons just to be able to progress normal with DPS - to get progress - not get personal satisfaction regarding weapons.

And no, it does not feel THAT different from normal - But going to the point of having to get PvP weapons just to be able to pull the DPS for a normal boss - is when i will "whine" about it - Or as i would call it - suggest that you change the system to a more logical and intuitive system rather then "Oh, RNG f'cked you up - Well.. No amount of effort can change that. Sorry!"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
does LFR really feel *that* different to the speed at which you gear up when you're competing against others in your guild? I'm just curious :-)

The issue may just be psychological but it's there nonetheless.
You don't see what loot other people have gotten, so it feels like nothing has dropped at all if you didn't get anything. In all my LFR runs I only got a single item. It's demotivating to see no loot at all.
At least with the old LFR loot system you saw what dropped so you didn't feel left out. It sucked if someone who didn't need it won your tier token but at least you saw it from time to time and psychologically that felt like a bigger chance to win it.

At least for me.

Edit: and with the old system you could win all your items in one run if you were super lucky. Now you can only get 1 item per boss if you're super lucky. And you could win something even if you rolled a 10 if you were super lucky, I believe you need to roll an 85 or higher now?

The system could use another loot determiner. Roll an 85 or higher or win the roll against 2 computer rolls.
Edited by Daegranos on 06/12/2012 17:12 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]

The problem of LFR Loot is NOT about getting X loot / week on average. It's about the feeling of joy you get when you pick up an item. That feeling gives you a high. It's a rush. It's the reason we play video games: to feel joy, to have fun.

Just yesterday I got 5 pieces of loot in 1 round of Sha/MSV/HoF/ToES LFR for my alt mage and just today I got 3 tier pieces on this main from 1 round of Sha/HoF/ToES.

That is a lot more than I get on normal pace. And this is not my only streak of luck. The 2nd week of gearing in LFR, I also got 5 pieces in 1 day for this char.

So 1 week I got 5 items, giving me the feeling of having fun, and just the last 2 days was even more fun getting a double lucky streak for both my chars.

The problem with getting all items at once? The high is too high. You get a false sense of entitlement. Like getting 5 items a week is the norm, rather then the rare exception.

All the other weeks in between become: SUCK. Nothing but gold or double items that you have no use for.

Now you say: "if you look at the loot you got in 1 turn and split it over the weeks you did LFR, it's the same as you get on normal". And you are right. But it doesn't make me feel the same!

It makes me go up and down on this rollercoaster of joy and suck, instead of giving me a steady dose of fun every time I log in. THAT is the problem with LFR loot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

think it's mainly psychological.. but i do agree with you.. and i think it's about the same..
people can be just as unlucky when gearing doing normals as they are with LFR loot..

even more so.. a 10 man normal boss only drops 2 items.. so you'd actually have less chance, since an LFR boss can drop more/less items, we just don't see it.. you just win when your virtual roll is higher than a certain point..

i think Blizz did a good job with the system.. there's no more ninja's, traders, guild abuse,... that we had with the first version on LFR in DS..
just fear that some people have become to used to being spoonfed all their gear like it was in Cata..
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[quote]

Absolutely feels different for me, especially when im hunting that single item (first elegon, now sha) And never getting it, like i said in my post, i feel the probabilty of getting loot is too low (and im just saying that out of my own personal experience, and what i feel)
And im definately no longer having fun, spending so much time going through LFR's each week and up to multple times because of coins.
The feeling i get from doing it, have been utter frustration and wanting to pull my own hairs out.

However when i do normal content with friends/guild, its a whole other experience, as opposed to LFR, where you just enter, don't really communicate all that much and just mindlessly go through it all, it takes time.. that's it, and time spent with little to show for..
well.. Makes me feel like i stated before... anyyyways doing it with people i know, communicating with them on voice chats, having fun together and getting more of an actual challenge, then i don't care that much about loot, then its about overcoming that challenge and having fun..

But LFR is just a stepping stone to get better loot, for me, to be able to do the normal stuff more effecient
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I dont really have a problem with the droprate of loot in LFR but I do have a few issues with other things. First what have been pointed out before is when you get stuff that you already have had drop for you before... There must be a way to fix this and im sure your working on that.

The worst thing for me is when im after a weapon upgrade and you chose to let the boss drop both 2H and 1H weapons when Some classes have no intrest in one of em and for me personally I just hate playing TG as a warrior so to be sure I dont end up with a 2H I end up gimping my raid by dps as prot spec on fights where I just want to roll on 1 H weapons. Asolution to that issue would be nice to see as well.

Astres.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
06/12/2012 17:03Posted by Infestium
However when i do normal content with friends/guild, its a whole other experience, as opposed to LFR, where you just enter, don't really communicate all that much and just mindlessly go through it all, it takes time.. that's it, and time spent with little to show for..

so that awfull experience of an LFR should guarantee you more loot?

as i said.. if you need only 1 or 2 more items from LFR as you have all theother, the chance of getting those will also exponentially drop.. you won't need any of the 20 or so items with a low drop chance.. you need just 1 out of those 20 with a low drop chance..
and that dropchance is equally as low on normal mode when you're counting on just one specific item out of a whole range that can possibly drop..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]