Are the class forums abandoned by blue posters?

Hi

I was curious, as all the other mages out there, as to if there were any official words from a blue poster regarding the fire nerfs. I naturally went to the mage forum - but there was nothing from any blue poster there.

I thought: "Hm, do they even respond here?" and checked on posts way back - didn't seem like it. I don't really have the time to check other class forums seeing as I have to go to work in a couple of minutes, but I'd expect it's the same there.

Question: Do blue posters avoid class forums? If so - why? And where are we supposed to turn in order to get the "official" Blizzard PoV on, for example, major nerfs to a certain spec? Do we really have to post immature, whiny post in order to get attention? That'd be sad, if that's the case.

Regardless, if any blues happened to read this I'd like a word on what's written above. I'd also like to know if you think fire is fine the way it is now - or if you perhaps nerfed it a bit too much.

(I'd only like to know if it's worth putting time learning other specializations or if I can expect a hot fix, really. Worth noting is that I'd rather quit the game than play arcane in the state it is in now. Frost might be okay but in fire is where my heart lies).

Thanks

Kinkow
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
They have said that just because they don't post there, doesn't mean they read them. If all they do is just nerf by looking at players in BGs or get killed and say "yup, dat Oh-pay! POPS, GET DUH NURFBAYUT AGAYUNN!", then they're doing it wrong. Speculation is not the way to go.

Yet in saying that they should check their own forums and moderate them. The amount of topics that remain unlocked despite being obvious derailing, trolling, spam and the like can be unthinkable. Blizzard's CMs really can't do much though as they're not game designers per sé, but they will pass feedback onto developers if they think it's handy to know.

I spent a lot of time on the Shaman forums when their change was coming around, and I realized just how people felt when things they loved were going to be removed. I didn't join in with the shouting because it was futile. But knowing if there's a single person who just saunders around like Chen Stormstout in Azeroth, doing good here and picking up scraps of info there, I'd be reassured, to say the least.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's very rare class forums will get a post, yes. I've seen a couple of in Warlock forums over the past year or so though (and had class guides stickied, and unstickied - btw please re-sticky the updated Aff guide), so they do get read, occasionally.

Given they seem to be pretty low traffic they probably do get 'forgotten' a bit since not much changes very quickly compared to the broader based forums; and as GC has said a few times they have an 'echo-chamber' effect in terms of a tendancy of agreement which stifles their usefulness in terms of feedback so if they get read, it's not necessarily taken seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can imagine exactly what would happen if they did start posting.

Class A: WHY YOU NERF US BLIZZ
Blue: Well from the statistics it showed that Class A was slightly overpowered compared to the rest during Raid/PvP modes, so we made X change to offset it.
Class A: OMG YOUR LOSERS, NERF CLASS Z YOU !@#$%

you get the idea, its hard enough getting real discussions in class forums when essentially you have said class calling for themselves to be made better nd any other class involved usually gets flamed for thinking the opposite.

Personally i just put my faith into the professional game developers who have tons more information than we will ever have and many years of working in the business and on this game.
Reply Quote
Community
07/12/2012 06:17Posted by Kinkow
Do blue posters avoid class forums? If so - why?
The main reason that we don't make responses in the class forum is because if we post in the forum of class A, then classes B through K will start complaining about favoritism or something similar. While we may not post in threads on the class forums, we do pay attention to the opinions and feedback presented there.

And where are we supposed to turn in order to get the "official" Blizzard PoV on, for example, major nerfs to a certain spec?
These forums are designed and built in order for players to give their feedback and opinions about the current state of our games or even upcoming changes so that it can be relayed to the developers. They are not for the purpose of having a direct line of communication and discussion with blue posters. If we have some information that we can provide, we will post it, but you should not be actively searching for this as the forums are for you as the players to bring up and discuss topics.

Do we really have to post immature, whiny post in order to get attention?
Definitely not. As said above, if we have information on a given topic of discussion we will provide it. We are also more inclined to do this with more well written and presented threads rather than ranty or "whiny" posts.

you're on EU forums enough said.

Blizzard doesn't care about you, they don't want your opinion, the blue post always say the same thing.
It is always sad for us to see these types of comments because it is something that is simply so far from the truth, it is unreal. The European community team work tirelessly to forward on and present your feelings, feedback and opinions on to the developers.

07/12/2012 06:27Posted by Jonní
"yup, dat Oh-pay! POPS, GET DUH NURFBAYUT AGAYUNN!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOPr8PjB_Z0
Edited by Nakatoir on 07/12/2012 12:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I just wish the forum moderators would police the other forums apart from Customer Service with a little more speed. Some insulting and rule breaking posts seem to stay active for many days before being removed or altered and locked.

And I do report most of them.
Edited by Dottie on 07/12/2012 12:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It is always sad for us to see these types of comments because it is something that is simply so far from the truth, it is unreal. The European community team work tirelessly to forward on and present your feelings, feedback and opinions on to the developers.

i truely believe you do so, YET contrary to the US Forums - there is no direct dialogue with the Devs. It feels like there is only feedback by you, after it has been approved by the US Team (then directly translated into each language) Only Way to read "direct" answers regarding nerfs or dev info is via GCs Twitter for example.
As you said yourself you're forwarding. It simply seems as if the EU Team is far from being independent - but i don't blame you for it. We would just wish A Dev would be available for statements to the EU directly. Jm2c
Edited by Cynwar on 07/12/2012 12:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
07/12/2012 12:00Posted by Nakatoir

There was a huge wave of anger caused by the fact that the EU community doesn't get representation on the Beta feedback and general feedback discussions. That happened around 9-10 months ago.

After all of that we got 2-3 Blues who respond to "I got this pet", "I love Blizzard this much" and "I just took a poop by myself" kind of threads. Or they just derail and incite fights between the sides.

You can't blame us for being critical and cynical at the statement that "EU matters"... when it simply doesn't, just like feedback in general.
Edited by Monkylord on 07/12/2012 13:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/12/2012 12:53Posted by Monkylord
After all of that we got 2-3 Blues who respond to "I got this pet", "I love Blizzard this much" and "I just took a poop by myself" kind of threads. Or they just derail and incite fights between the sides.

Blue posts currently on my "General forum front page".

This thread, one about brawlers guild, one about ress sickness and one about realm pop balance, that seems fair to me.

Second page:
graphics updates,cross realming heirlooms, music appreciation,transmog rules.

These all seem like perfectly legitimate threads for them to be engaging with, and the idea of blues inciting fights etc is just ridiculous, just because people dont like what a blue might be saying does not mean they are trying to piss people off, these guys are professionals and from what i see, the act like it.
Edited by Skilliad on 07/12/2012 13:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I was curious, as all the other mages out there, as to if there were any official words from a blue poster regarding the fire nerfs. I naturally went to the mage forum - but there was nothing from any blue poster there.

yes.

they said they nerfed CM because it would be way too strong due to scaling in later tiers otherwise
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
07/12/2012 13:12Posted by Skilliad
These all seem like perfectly legitimate threads for them to be engaging with, and the idea of blues inciting fights etc is just ridiculous, just because people dont like what a blue might be saying does not mean they are trying to piss people off, these guys are professionals and from what i see, the act like it.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/246943-murloc-drawing-was-my-friend-prank/

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/245065-the-world-of-warcraft-music-appreciation-thread/

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/246133-how-often-does-wow-give-you-the-heebie-jeebies/

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/245883-amazing-blizzard/

There are far more of these on the US forums mainly because US forums matter. I also recall reading a lot of threads where blizzard CMs reply to nonsense which i can't find now. Mostly pat's on the back replies to sucking up threads.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Well what are we meant to think when you guys never bother to provide ANY feedback.

And your excuse about not bothering to post cos other classes will feel jealous just proves the utter contempt you have for all the people that pay the subs that pay your wages.
Edited by Nailbomb on 07/12/2012 15:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I think he is just trolling us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/12/2012 13:49Posted by Monkylord
I also recall reading a lot of threads where blizzard CMs reply to nonsense which i can't find now.

Well thats convenient, and anyway whats wrong with the Blues interacting with users in all types of thread, they are there for the whole community.

07/12/2012 14:34Posted by Nailbomb
There have been some HUGE threads recently in various class forums and they've all been ignored by allblues.

How do you know that the blues are "Ignoring" the threads, chances are, if they are really big, they will be simply allowing the players to have the discussion without any outside intervention before then letting developers etc see what is on peoples mind. These forums are as many blue posts have said "All about the player". they are here for US to have the discussion between each other, obviously this is a powerful tool which blizz and the development team have and continue to use. Many of the changes in design implemented in MoP are testament to that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
US forums = from time to get replies regarding development & balance

EU forums = no such link whatsoever, at best forwarded internally to US
EU blueposts are mainly here for answering trivial support issues, chit chat threads since they are not in the loop and/or not allowed to comment on balance issues or issues under development for the above reason.

Make sense too since the game is mostly developed in the US so I dont really care just that it is annoying when EU blueposts keeps saying our forum matters.
Patronizing and taking your customers for being stupid isnt really that productive.
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock

you're on EU forums enough said.

Blizzard doesn't care about you, they don't want your opinion, the blue post always say the same thing.

What I'm saying is not that you don't do your job as community managers, it's just that the developpers don't give a single copper coin about the EU, I see you have not answered to the rest of my post, do you think it is normal that after 8 years only one dev has posted here and that he actually deleted his post to repost it on the US forums?

I don't think that's normal, either we get allowed to voice our opinion on the US forums or the devs come here.
Because the problem here is that even if you tell us that you bring our feedbacks to the devs we never know if it really reaches them or just gets labeled as "EU crap" and gets thrown into the garbage bin.
Never we had a dev coming here and actually saying "well we're gonna do this and that because..." or a blue saying "I just received an answer to your question, they are gonna do this and that..." at best we get a link to the US forums
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
07/12/2012 16:06Posted by Thorkaa
see you have not answered to the rest of my post, do you think it is normal that after 8 years only one dev has posted here and that he actually deleted his post to repost it on the US forums?

Well the forums are not really here for Devs to be posting comments all the time, Blizz do post the occasional Dev blog on the main page to keep information flowing on new features. Its not as though the devs are constantly on the US forums either, just had a lookk now and couldnt find any posts by Devs, just lots of CM posts.

07/12/2012 16:06Posted by Thorkaa
at best we get a link to the US forums

Whats wrong with them linking you to the US forum, if the information is out there. CM's often get shouted at for cookie cutter responses but most of the time its simply not possible for them to give the exact answer that people want. Obviously in a perfect world then Blizz would be completely open to us all but when you are building something as large as a game like WoW you cant go giving out what could be sensitive information (such as how they handle balancing issues or police botting which could lead to people abusing the systems in arenas etc).
Edited by Skilliad on 07/12/2012 16:50 GMT
Reply Quote
07/12/2012 12:00Posted by Nakatoir

I appreciate the hard work you do here, and to a certain extent you're completely correct - posting on EU forums is not a "waste of time". However, having played on both US and EU realms, there's something behind the hyperbole you're responding to.

Yes, our comments here are relayed to developers, but the problem is that important discussions often occur on the US forums and we can't contribute. I think it would make sense to have worldwide forums, where the EU CM team works during EU hours and the US CM team works during US hours. Or, at the very least, EU accounts should be able to post on the US forums and vice versa.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Dear Blizzard, please invite 1 random active Player to your headquarters each week, to sit in on your meetings and discussions.

There's also an "A day in the life of a Blizzard Employee" somewhere in the web.
yet no one we as players actually care about.
No GC, no Bashiok, no other guy we care about.
Why don't you do something like this already? With massive amount of pictures, videos and transscripts.
Give us some insight on your work.
Maybe people and especially I will then understand why it is so hard for you to answer like a normal person.
All I read is political phrased stuff, that never seems to be a direct answer.
Edited by Roothy on 08/12/2012 13:14 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]