postal addon still not updated - what now?

3 Human Priest
with the potal adon still not updated, what now?
what are other players doing?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
tick "load out of date addons" from the addons button on the bottom left of your character selection screen, it works fine
Reply Quote
3 Human Priest
well.it doesn't for me.
i ave reloaded it several times and it won't in my iMac
any ideas?
thanks for replying
greg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Perhaps you can try re-downloading it?
Remove it from Curse (if you downloaded it through there) otherwise remove the folder in your WoW addon folder.
Then re-download it and try it again.
If it hasn't been updated to the current version then indeed what Kasteen said is correct, ticking the box "load out of date addons" and it should work.
I looked it up for ya, the guy who made it is still working on updating it, so it should be fixed soon enough.
Otherwise, perhaps temporarily try a different addon.

Hope this helps =]
Reply Quote
Community
While it’s not updated you can try a different addon like EasyMail .
Or you can try to find something more suitable in the mail section of WoW addons at curse.
Moving this thread to the appropriate forum.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Try bulkmail
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Works perfectly fine with "Load out of date addons" checked, still using Postal.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I'm still using Postal, too - without any errors.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
13/12/2012 12:33Posted by Ydrisselle

What the bouncy Nelf said
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What the hairy worgen said
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
dont load out of date addons, it just makes your game run slower. However this addon does work pretty smoothly even tho its out of date so what I did was go into your addons folder and find the postal addon. Then find postal.toc and open it in notepad. Then change the number next to ##interface to 50100 so it looks like this - ## Interface: 50100. Save that file and it will work pretty smoothly again
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
13/12/2012 16:19Posted by Mjolnrir
dont load out of date addons, it just makes your game run slower

Nonsense.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
13/12/2012 12:33Posted by Ydrisselle

same
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
13/12/2012 18:11Posted by Mysticfrog
dont load out of date addons, it just makes your game run slower

Nonsense.

Its not nonsense atall, out of date addons can have errors which arent fixed, when they come up with errors constantly it srsly slows down your game, ofc if your out of date addons arent providing any errors then maybe it is nonsense but some do some dont
Edited by Mjolnrir on 13/12/2012 18:49 GMT
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 18:47Posted by Mjolnrir
out of date addons can have errors which arent fixed, when they come up with errors constantly it srsly slows down your game, ofc if your out of date addons arent providing any errors then maybe it is nonsense but some do some dont

Every addon can have errors. Of course it is more likely for out of date addons. But the general advice to disable them seems inappropriate to me.
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 18:47Posted by Mjolnrir

Nonsense.

Its not nonsense atall, out of date addons can have errors which arent fixed, when they come up with errors constantly it srsly slows down your game, ofc if your out of date addons arent providing any errors then maybe it is nonsense but some do some dont

You should always run the latest version of an addon, but the idea of modifying the version number, instead of just loading it as an out of date is pure nonsense. The number is only there to make sure that the user updates, and does in no way have any affect on the performance of the addon(s).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

You should always run the latest version of an addon, but the idea of modifying the version number, instead of just loading it as an out of date is pure nonsense. The number is only there to make sure that the user updates, and does in no way have any affect on the performance of the addon(s).

All im saying is if you manually update 1 addon and that addon works without errors that makes the game run smoother than for instance loading out of date addons, 5 of them work fine but 1 might have errors coming up every couple of seconds which can severely reduce the performance. Im just saying past experiences, thats all
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

All im saying is if you manually update 1 addon and that addon works without errors that makes the game run smoother than for instance loading out of date addons, 5 of them work fine but 1 might have errors coming up every couple of seconds which can severely reduce the performance. Im just saying past experiences, thats all

Then you should find out, which addon is bugged and replace that (with a fresh version or a totally other addon). Loading out-of-date addons does not have more impact itself than modifying the .toc file...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Postal still works
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]