DK macros

90 Human Paladin
Im looking for all sorts of macros for dual wield frost dk. The priority atm is that i would like to set up my HoW to be used when ever i use frost strike if it is possible. Other suggestions to easy up frost dps are welcome.
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 15:04Posted by Jaleous
HoW to be used when ever i use frost strike

Are they both on the global cooldown?

09/12/2012 15:04Posted by Jaleous
Other suggestions to easy up frost dps are welcome.

You want the Death Knight forum, then.
Reply Quote
Community
I could be wrong by I don’t think Frost DKs have that many essential and required macros for PvE.

Mostly you need the “BOOM!” button, so Pillar of Frost + Raise Dead + [trinkets]/[other item perks].
Here’s a good guide for Frost DKs with macros included from our good friends at Icy Veins.

and here's the macro that they recommend:

#showtooltip Pillar of Frost
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Raise Dead
/use (Insert_Item_Name_or_Slot_Number_Here)

Also I just checked on my DK and HoW does seem to trigger the GCD so unfortunately I’m afraid you can’t do that with a macro as that would only work with a /castsequence and since HoW has a cooldown it would only work every 20 seconds, besides you would lose time because of the GCD, so that wouldn’t be a good idea anyway DPS wise.
Use HoW only if you have some downtime to spare, otherwise using it (if you’re still buffed) is probably a dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You can't use HoW with frost strike since they are both on the global cd.
Second you don't want to macro HoW cause you need to have it in your rotation w/e you are low on runic power or you are out of buttons to push.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2012 13:48Posted by Taepsilum
Use HoW only if you have some downtime to spare, otherwise using it (if you’re still buffed) is probably a dps loss.

it gives 10 Runic Power (RP) per use. that's an extra 30 RP per minute, which means 1 1/2 frost strike extra every minute. you should still not use it while you got a damaging move to use, but otherwise even when buffed it's not a DPS loss.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Death Knight
Mostly you need the “BOOM!” button, so Pillar of Frost + Raise Dead + [trinkets]/[other item perks].
Here’s a good guide for Frost DKs with macros included from our good friends at Icy Veins.

and here's the macro that they recommend:

#showtooltip Pillar of Frost
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Raise Dead
/use (Insert_Item_Name_or_Slot_Number_Here)

Now that the ghoul auto-updates its stats throughout its duration, it's a minor dps increase to summon it before using Pillar of Frost to save a valuable GCD during the buff.

I'd recommend checking out http://sonofalich.com/ for some great guides, and the Elitist Jerks thread is always full of useful info: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130617-frost_dps_5_0_4_cold_hand_death/
Edited by Aelobin on 11/12/2012 16:56 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
11/12/2012 14:59Posted by Nzall
it gives 10 Runic Power (RP) per use. that's an extra 30 RP per minute, which means 1 1/2 frost strike extra every minute. you should still not use it while you got a damaging move to use, but otherwise even when buffed it's not a DPS loss.

Exactly, that's why I said "Use HoW only if you have some downtime to spare", if there were no benefits from using that ability, I wouldn’t even have recommended using it at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]