Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

Community
After reviewing the data and player feedback, we remain concerned that on-demand burst damage remains too high in PvP. After investigation, we determined that the on-use PvP trinkets are a major contributor to extremely high burst output. As a consequence, in the near future we will be applying hotfixes to smooth out the damage provided by these PvP trinkets. In the case of the Gladiator's Badges this means cutting the amount of primary stat or PvP Power provided, but also cutting their cooldown in half. For the Kor'kron and SI:7 manuals, the cooldown of those trinkets will remain unchanged, but the amount of stats provided will be reduced and the duration of the buff will be increased. The overall damage provided by these trinkets should not be affected; only the burst they are capable of providing.

For example: The Dreadful Gladiator’s Badge of Victory will shortly provide 2553 Strength once every minute, instead of 5105 Strength every 2 minutes. Please note that due to limitations in hotfix technology, the item tooltips and buffs will still incorrectly display the original stat value of 5105.

These are the trinkets that are currently slated for adjustment:
Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Victory
SI:7 Operative's Manual
Kor'kron Book of Hurting

We are aware of the possibility that certain PvE trinkets could become more attractive for PvP in the wake of these hotfixes. While that is somewhat unlikely given that adopting those items would represent a significant loss of PvP Power and Resilience, we will nonetheless keep a close eye on the situation and make adjustments to the appropriate items if necessary. It is also possible that it could become too difficult to land reasonably consistent kills in PvP. If that proves to be the case, then we currently plan to increase the effects of the Battle Fatigue healing debuff to compensate, which is an adjustment that we’ve been considering for some time. On the other hand, if burst damage remains too high after these changes, we are prepared to take additional steps as needed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Good change!
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
sounds like a plan!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
i like

the reduce of pvp power will also nerf human racial abit too, any number on how much you will nerf the pvp power?
Edited by Shígure on 07/12/2012 09:47 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I approve the effort, but burst is insane because of the classes, not because of the items.

Frost bomb hits brutal even without the trinket proc. I think this will only fix warriors maybe, but now with this, rogues will be useless once again since now we won't have that burst, what is the only thing left in our arsenal as "useful". I thought finally, I will be able to find a decent rbg group, but I have to say that bringing a RANDOM trash mob from a 5man HC to RBG instead of a rogue would be logical. Same with MM hunters.

Anyway most of us plays a different class already or different game, so I guess it's okay.

"We have 1 spot... let's bring a rogue" said no1 ever
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I"We have 1 spot... let's bring a rogue" said no1 ever

really? when I played rbg in s9+10 we had to carry one baddy rogue just because of smoke bomb to 2.4....and even in the rbgs right now that I only play on twinsk there is almost always a rogue in because of smoke+mass stealth+flag defending/capturing...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

really? when I played rbg in s9+10 we had to carry one baddy rogue just because of smoke bomb

that's just sad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Instead of nerfing trinkets with the potential of a further pvp healing nerf if you don't get the expected results, why don't you address the root of the problem - the classes themselves? You did change certain classes which helped slightly with burst in 5.1 but it was somewhat offset by the increased pvp power provided by conquest weapons.

While I don't necessarily agree with burst, I understand that for some classes it is the only way they can kill certain classes. With this trinket nerf you're only keeping the overpowered in the same position.
Reply Quote
Minor change.Why don't you stop being lazy for once and tweak the classes and certain abilities instead.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Its not going to stop 150k bombs and warriors killing you in a shockwave this change
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If this wasn't a blue poster, I'd +1 it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
07/12/2012 10:43Posted by Gamias
Minor change.Why don't you stop being lazy for once and tweak the classes and certain abilities instead.

Because it's a global issue not confined to just a couple of classes and specs. Global problem needs a global solution; but this is not it.

People will turn to PvE trinkets once more; and they say they'll keep an eye on it but nerfing PvE trinkets risks huge ramifications on class balance in PvE since stacking cooldowns is every bit as important there as it is in PvP. Classes are balanced around available gear, and so changing the gear will change the balance.

To be honest, they need to just bite the bullet and go for separate gear sets - and even things like weapon enchants - for PvE and PvP. They have failed dismally at trying to make PvE gear usable in PvP anyway; it's as much a roadblock as it's always been. And PvE gear is readily available enough that there's really no excuse for anyone to be using PvP gear to "catch up and cover slots" at all.
Edited by Jessicka on 07/12/2012 10:52 GMT
Reply Quote
I'm very concerned how it will affect Rogues. Right now we're not a very wanted class, but we're taken for "as the player" usually. Sure, we bring a few tools to the table but a lot of classes bring most what we do and better.

Our only source of damage comes from OnUse, Blades and Shadow Dance(which is every 3 mins) and even then, most classes outdamage us by so much.

This will increase Human Engineer Rogue passive damage (50 out of 60 seconds) because we can chain Double OnUse with Engineering Gloves.

Really worried.

But if we're talking balance-wise, it's best for overall.
Edited by Veeladtf on 07/12/2012 10:55 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't think this is the answer it's just feels like a quick fix. Yes it's a global problem with lot's of classes stacking cool downs and blowing them with pvp trinket, but people wil just turn to pve trinkets and also I think this will have a very negative affect on the classes that are already struggling in pvp.

A much better solution would be to look at buffing resi. Then take another look at all the classes to work out who is still bursting to hard and apply the nerfs/changes accordingly.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
while they are reducing the cd of on use burst trinkets they could reduce the cd on is medallion too
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
is this change live yet?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The idea is good, but what gona happen with the proc trinkets?
Atm, epic proc trinket gives 3600 stat (with 45 sec icd?). So, 3600 stat on proc vs 2550 stat on use almost on same cd.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So i leveled a rogue, thought i´d do some pvp with it - owned.
Thought, well fck it, ill just reroll a lock - supper owned.

Seriously, what about classes that got hammered like warlocks did?
Admit it or not, we depend almost 100% on Dark Soul to get pressure up in arena. With the recent chaos wave nerf, and now the 2min burst macro, tell me, which spec should i play?
Or just reroll again and hope 3rd time is the charm?

Mage? Why not, they get 2,6k stats every shatter now.
Edited by Broflovski on 07/12/2012 11:30 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
The idea is good, but what gona happen with the proc trinkets?
Atm, epic proc trinket gives 3600 stat (with 45 sec icd?). So, 3600 stat on proc vs 2550 stat on use almost on same cd.

procc trinkets icd is ~1min and yes procc trinkets always gave better stats than on use..since it proccs .
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Blizz nerfing everyone cos of 1 or 2 classes, GG
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]